The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar tank/healer

IrksomeSolid09
Armored master and ebon sets viable for this build? Idea is to fill both roles efficiently enough to make vet dungeoning easy and with a set and skill swap efficiently transfer to DPS when not needed for certain trials situations.
  • IrksomeSolid09
    One example for this build would be maw on the twins fight. In case both tanks and or healers match colors.
  • IrksomeSolid09
    Thinking of shifting to mothers sorrow instead of ebon? Anyone have any thoughts?
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am working on one atm. I to would like some advice as my tank healer is about to hit 50.

I think you want a powerful sustain set for your rings and weapons.

Heavy armor
    Ebon, Dragongaurd, Black Rose, Heavy Seducer or Heavy Kragancs (I am a little confused about Kragancs) .

Sustain Set
    Worms, Spell Power Cure, Bloodthrone, Desert Rose, Magikca Furnace

I kind of like this build but they wont use dropped armor and I have no such issue.
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/db-the-resplendent-bastion-a-templar-healtank-build/

I think some of these combos are kind of cooler than others.

Ebon + Worms is great group advantage.
    Seducer + Worms is huge cost reduction.
    Black Rose + Desert Rose/Magicka Furnace... Sustain/infiite blocking combo.
    Edited by Narvuntien on April 1, 2017 4:14AM
  • IrksomeSolid09
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I am working on one atm. I to would like some advice as my tank healer is about to hit 50.

I think you want a powerful sustain set for your rings and weapons.

Heavy armor
    Ebon, Dragongaurd, Black Rose, Heavy Seducer or Heavy Kragancs (I am a little confused about Kragancs) .

Sustain Set
    Worms, Spell Power Cure, Bloodthrone, Desert Rose, Magikca Furnace

I kind of like this build but they wont use dropped armor and I have no such issue.
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/db-the-resplendent-bastion-a-templar-healtank-build/

I think some of these combos are kind of cooler than others.

Ebon + Worms is great group advantage.
    Seducer + Worms is huge cost reduction.
    Black Rose + Desert Rose/Magicka Furnace... Sustain/infiite blocking combo.

I decided to go with armor master so I only have to swap the armor set to go back to DPS off heal. And then the mothers sorrow to compensate for the lack of crit when using heavy instead of light. It still remains untested in a serious situation.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with mothers sorrow is that it doesn't help your team at all.
    Where ebon and worms rainments does.

I think Worms is better for what you want.

I am not intending to switch between heavy and light armor just sticking with heavy.

I think to get started I might want Kragancs and Dragongaurd, just because I don't have to repeatly run dungeons to get them and I can't farm the DLC sets myself and Black Rose is so expensive :/.

I don't know how important having a ton of resistances is... we do have channeled forces... how much do I need?
    Edited by Narvuntien on April 2, 2017 7:35AM
  • IrksomeSolid09
    True however the goal is to hit the soft cap at least so immovable with armore master does the trick also freeing up a skill slot for more cc. And the mothers sorrow is to get the extra crit on my heals which as an off healer tank someone should also ready have worm and ebon. If not I'll probably be in situations where it's not necessary. And I'd rather switch over to heavy than respec that way it's a simple skill/set switch to DPS. But I see what u mean. My goal is end game though so achieving those numbers is important. However to your point if their is a way to retain those numbers without heavy it would be even better. Maybe I'll look into using focus with immovable and A.M. as it would eliminate the need for mother sorrow. The only problem I see is that it would limit my mobility or I'd have to recast every 8 sec limiting my resources for healing since it's mag based ability. It's at least worth a test run I'll let u know how it goes.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ran a tank-healer for a little while, can give you what I used and some tricks.

5 heavy, 2 light. Keep the light to waist and hands if you can, because of how armor works. The build is hard to calibrate: too much tankiness and you don't heal as well, and vice versa. I recommend running 8 sturdy with your armor, using either seducer's and Spell Power Cure, or Seducer's and worm. I ran SPC for party damage.

You'll want a restoration staff on your back bar. So much easier with one. If you're a sorc, twilight and ward are musts. If a templar, slot ritual and mutagen for constant high powered hots. If a NB, try Sap essence and funnel health, plus use healing ward for emergencies. If a DK, try to keep a decent up time on igneous shield, with healing ward back bar for emergency heals.

For CP, split 90-100 in magicka cost reduction. The rest should go into a majority block cost reduce, as well as some into magicka recovery. You'll want to consider running magicka regen monster sets, as well as either Orzorga's Red Frothgar or the Witch Mother's Potent brew for the smattering of stats.

Try easing into this build and playstyle: travel in dungeons with practical healers at first. As you start getting more confident, start bringing 3DDs, so as to speed things up. Just be extra careful to block heavy attacks while keeping an eye on friendly health bars. Of course, easier said than done right?

All in all I had tons of fun, but one I respecced bc skill points. I hope you kick some arse with whatever you make! :)