Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Max Health Needed?

Shep1985
Shep1985
Soul Shriven
I am currently a Maglar around 140 CP and I need more health as I have been one-shoted in Vet Dungeons recently. I am looking for advice on the following:
  1. What is the max health figure I should be aiming for?
  2. Should I respec my points or gear to get there?
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    14k min. 16k if you want to play safe. use health+magicka food.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    18k will stop most one shot mechanics. Not to trash anyone's opinion, but ignore the above post.

16k is minimum, 18k is pretty safe.
  • Shep1985
    Shep1985
    Soul Shriven
    Thx should I try and find gear / glyths or extra health or just respec the points?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well you use max magica and max health food.

I use a few trips stat glyphs then.

For now, maybe add a bit from your attributes into health. No point using tried stat glyphs on non cp160 gear.

When you do more pledges and get undaunted 9, you can go 5 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy for 6% extra in each pool. You can then take the attributes out of health and put them into magica again.

Try to get to like 17k at the very least, but I'd say 18k if you're quite new to vet dungeons.
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 31, 2017 11:35AM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    16-20k I'd say. 16 is the absolute minimum that glass canons run, 18 is more common, 20 is if you want to be totally safe. More than 20 is kind of overkill, you'd be losing too much other stats.

Like been said already, try to level your Undaunted, that passive really comes in handy :)
    Also for a magicka build there's always Annulment to help you survive oneshots;)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Until you gain more CP and level Undaunted to gain higher stats it's safe to put 10-14 points into health and the rest in to magicka. Try to wear 5 Light 1 Medium 1 Heavy armor pieces and level undaunted skill by completing dungeons. There's a passive called Undaunted Mettle that gives you +1/2% max stats based on the types of armor equipped. You need 5 light to fully make use the passives from that armor type. Also spec the heavy armor passive Juggernaut that gives you 1/2% more health per heavy armor piece equipped. Don't use tri-glyphs as some suggested, since Hakeijo is pretty expensive. It's about 11K gold ATM on EU-PC, but an attribute point reset is only 3.2K at the altar in the alliance capitals. Once you level undaunted and gain more CP your stats will be higher so you will be able to shift all your attribute points in magicka and still have about 16-5.17.2 K health. Your resistance will also be higher due to having more CPs in the red constellations. So it's a matter of adapting your build as you progress.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not even 29k health 33k resist can save you from Selene's bear attack and Lord Warden's charged AOE attack. one shot mechanics are one shot. that's what i have, and i was blocking, and still die.

you have to learn to avoid those damage.

and as magicka class you can easily shield up.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have a light armor skill that give you a huge damage shield. the more points you have in magicka, the bigger the shield.

relying on health seems wrong for a non-tank magicka character
    Edited by raj72616a on March 31, 2017 12:45PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »
    not even 29k health 33k resist can save you from Selene's bear attack and Lord Warden's charged AOE attack. one shot mechanics are one shot. that's what i have, and i was blocking, and still die.

you have to learn to avoid those damage.

and as magicka class you can easily shield up.

Well there're obvious things that you're supposed to avoid(unless you're a tank, or sometimes even if you are one) and then there's everything else. You aren't going to do very well in a vet dungeon with, say, 14k health. Technically it's possible but you're going to be getting one-shot all the time - an aoe you missed/couldn't avoid, a couple ads your tank didn't taunt(let's be honest he's not gonna taunt all 20 ads for you), bosses' untauntable attack, enviromental mechanics etc. ~17-18k seems to be the sweet spot to be able to avoid most of these while not sacrificing (m)any stats.
    Edited by Magdalina on March 31, 2017 1:22PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For magicka builds there's also a bit of "fake health" they can use. The light armor shield skill, annulment, preferably morphed to harness magicka. It adds 10-12K and scales of your max magicka. That morph also recovers magicka when you are damaged by magic or elemental attacks.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my dps and heals, I always like to have 20k with food buff up. In general, 18k is what you need to avoid most one shots, but that's leaving you so low on health that minor dots will often still kill you before you can recover. I like having a little extra hp to avoid that.

On tanks, most say 30k buffed with food, but I prefer around 35k, again as a buffer just in case the healer is a little slow.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank