Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

spriggan vs TFS

jakeedmundson
jakeedmundson
✭✭✭✭✭
These two sets seem to be fairly similar.... is spriggans really that much less of dps output compared to twice fang?

Right now i usually use night mothers because it's simple to obtain... but the way the sets look, it seems like it would be .... TFS > Spriggan's > NMG ?

Just asking because i'd rather grind for/buy spriggans gear than grind for TFS.
Anyone done any testing on these two sets specifically?

EDIT: What about sunderflame while we're at it...
Edited by jakeedmundson on March 31, 2017 12:18PM
CP690
Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
PS4 - DC
vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    For solo play Spriggans is better. But pve dps is not linear to just solo play. There are Trials/4squad dungeons etc. Spriggans will over penetrate in Trials generally. TFS is something I do not have but the thing with that over NMG is that crit isnt as important as before, so it has better stats (specifically the max stam and the 5p penetration bonus which is all you need really, over nmg). I run nmg and its still murder gang. It gives more crit, and I am usually the guy that wears it in trials if we have like 4 stam dps. All of them are great but TFS is more with how the meta has changed due to nerfs. NMG is suppose to be the worst out of all but I stress this, it is still amazing if you're the guy using it. TBS(crit) use to be meta for trials but TFS(everything) is now. There was a numbers test on the forums recently and Spriggans won in those instances where it's one tank taunting and you dps test (not trial atmosphere).
    The Flyers
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spriggans is "bad" because the stamina it gives doesn't scale very well (no major brutality for stamina for example).

NMG is bad because if someone already has it the 5 piece is useless.

Thus TFS is the preferred set.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /
    Draqone wrote: »
    Spriggans is "bad" because the stamina it gives doesn't scale very well (no major brutality for stamina for example).

NMG is bad because if someone already has it the 5 piece is useless.

Thus TFS is the preferred set.

I should have added to my OP that i'm asking this for a toon that i'll be taking in vma a lot....
    planning on 5 VO for the regen, mal weapons, and the base 5 piece is up in the air.

i thought maybe spriggans because of the extra stam it gives. (obviously i would go for TFS but i haven't been the trials mood lately) maybe tbs for the health and the extra strength it gives mal weapons...
    Any thoughts on sunderflame?
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't use it solo. Each 1k pen has to have a different attack source. So you must hit something with 5 different attacks. EG endless hail alone will NOT give you the full 5k pen just 1k. Issue in vma is most stuff will be long dead before you get 5 different attacks in...all for a 1% dps gain on a boss at best. Stick with spriggan.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got 38.5k on Stam Sorc using trash Alliance Potions lmfao...