Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help on my magicka sorc DPS testing

Hyde_Jekyll
So I main stamina and I cleared all vet and a few hm trials except for Vmol. So I made a Magicka sorc just for the sake of this trial (since most of the guilds that I joined prefer "ranged" magicka) my problem is I can't even kill the damn skelly! LOL So I can't pass the DPS test. for some reason I would ran out of magicka even before I kill it. Maybe around 50-40% and I'm out of magicka. If I use recovery food maybe around 30% I'm out of magicka.

Here's my setup:
2 ilambris (heavy helm, medium shoulders)
Spell weave body (all divines)
3 infallible aether - gold
1 maelstrom sharpened inferno (main) - gold
1 maelstrom nirnhoned lightning (back)

CP - 100 hardy,100 ele defender , 100 magicka recovery, 100 reduce magicka cost, 75 thaumaturge ,35 spell crit , 90 magicka damage

Skills: Main (bound aegis,inner light, curse or mage fury, C. Frag, force pulse)
Back (bound aegis, inner light, curse,liquid lightning, else blockade)

I'm pretty much sure I got all the important passives unless I missed something? Even my guildies are wondering how come I ran out of mana? Maybe it's a L2P issue since I'm new to magicka. I'm trying to weave light attack even tho it feels clunky. Anyways magicka gurus help me beat the target skelly under 1 min and 30 seconds! Lol

Need your advice to tweak my build or maybe you can share your rotation? If I use curse on my rotation I'm gonna empty my mana fast btw lol
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    hey real quick:

5 necropotence, 2 ilambris, 3 infal, and use the volatile familiar scamp and daedric prey.

sharpened maelstrom staff, and sharpened lightning infal aether staff with spell damage enchant

its good that u 75 into thaumaturge for all the aoe's dots (liquid, scamp, ilambris, curse, wall, destro ult/meteor.

ur max mag should be ~55k, and thats where the pet damage comes from.

u just need the pet haha, end of story.

whats ur skeleton time?
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    lose the nirnhoned maelstrom- first of all its pointless to have 2 staves with the same enchant, and second, a crafted non set sharpened staff is better than maelstrom nirn, srsly.

use the sharpened nirn for woe and backbar stuff, and frontbar an aether staff, or at least just some random sharpened staff (thats what I do)

I can do skelly in under a minute easy, but i medium attack weave to save magic, drink a pot at 4/9ths magicka, have 3/3 medicinal use, slot meteor on front bar, have 55k magic anyways, and do one jewelry glyph of recovery and not spell power.

GL!
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    masters staff might be nice for extra magicka until u get sharpened infal (u could do moondancer jewelry and moondancer staff, but thats just as hard to get lol)
  • Hyde_Jekyll
    Imma try that. I just need the monkey pet right? Lol. What's your skill bar set up like? and how's the rotation with the pet skill? So wait the maelstrom enchant bonus works on normal staves? (Cast blockade on maelstrom
    Backbar and I get the bonus weave damage on the main bar?) I think I have a random fire staff laying around somewhere. I'll use that I guess :) is it better to use willpower accessory while dps testing? Since the 5% bonus damage doesn't really work inside the house lol
  • Hyde_Jekyll
    Any other tips from pros while I'm farming necro stuff? I saw some old builds (4 mos. ago) using main bar as lightning with meteor and force pulse. I know lightning staff is good for clearing mobs. But with the new update isn't it much better to have a flame staff on your pulse/weave bar?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lose the nirnhoned maelstrom- first of all its pointless to have 2 staves with the same enchant, and second, a crafted non set sharpened staff is better than maelstrom nirn, srsly.

use the sharpened nirn for woe and backbar stuff, and frontbar an aether staff, or at least just some random sharpened staff (thats what I do)

I can do skelly in under a minute easy, but i medium attack weave to save magic, drink a pot at 4/9ths magicka, have 3/3 medicinal use, slot meteor on front bar, have 55k magic anyways, and do one jewelry glyph of recovery and not spell power.

GL!

What's sharpen nirn?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps this video might help you out

https://youtu.be/28yvzFCTYng
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Hyde_Jekyll
    Raghul wrote: »

Thank you sir! gonna try it out. Do you have a set up with a pet? idk which skill to remove and does pet build works with bsw? Or does having necro is a must have?
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Raghul wrote: »

Thank you sir! gonna try it out. Do you have a set up with a pet? idk which skill to remove and does pet build works with bsw? Or does having necro is a must have?

Yes you can use a pet with BSW - it generally works better with necro because the huge mag pool means the pet does more damage.

You can throw in things like rearming trap or pet into the rotation easily- I think Natric was just trying to keep the rotation simple to demonstrate the easiest possible rotation to pull endgame dps for those struggling, or for those guilds who frown upon using pets for dps tests.
    Bottom line is you dont need the pet to pull amenable DPS numbers - but you can integrate it if you want a little more punch.

To integrate the pet, simply remove Inner light and slot the pet - activate the pet attack when you reapply your dots, just before barswapping - the barswap will cancel the pet animation. And you can get your prophecy from using spell power pots while testing- making innerlight (mostly) superfluous anyway, outside of the mages guild passive.

Alternately don't use the pet, keep inner light front bar, and slot rearming trap in place of the inner light on back bar.

With pet your bars would look like this:

front bar: pulse, curse, frag, familiar, aegis - meteor
    back bar: LL, blockade, execute, familiar, aegis - destro ulti

With rearming trap

front bar: pulse, curse, frag, inner light, aegis - meteor
    back bar: LL, blockade, execute, rearming trap, aegis - destro ulti

or some variation of those ...
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer