Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I hop aboard the Sorcerer choo-choo train as well?

Xecil
Xecil
✭✭✭
I'm becoming more and more discouraged from playing Nightblade every day when there is the option of sorcerer available in its current state. It's not that sorcerer is overpowered, it's just that sorcerer as a class is fully functional. Daedric Summoning passives aside, there is a great synergy with the class abilities and the passives that the Nightblade class just can't compete with. This, the complete silence from ZO regarding anything other than Grim Focus, and the fact that I'm very confident that we will not see a class balance pass until Morrowind is released severely lowers my interest in continuing with my Nightblade.

So what do all of you think? Do any of you have any confidence that Nightblade will ever get the balance changes soon that it needs? Or should we all just let it die?
Waiting for open beta to be over.
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    I think playing every class can only be a positive thing. That said ...

https://youtu.be/ovrg1_PJWgY?t=3m51s

PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    PVP wise, nightblade is the most challenging class to master and be good at. I don't pve much, but I'm told a good Magblade is a very good plus in pve?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Rank 17 Eightt: CP160 StamBlade
    Rank 15 Sixthh: CP 160 StamSorc
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playin against Enigma mNB xbox 1 and his mNB is pretty strong.

Fire staff, resto, annulment and healing ward. That merciless hits like a mac truck

However if you wanna try sorc go for it! It'll be fresh for someone like you and I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Rubs eyes*

*Stares*

*Rubs eyes again not sure if thread is real*
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Xecil
    Xecil
    ✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    *Rubs eyes*

*Stares*

*Rubs eyes again not sure if thread is real*

Nightblades make up a small fraction of the end-game population in a four (at the moment) class game, and you're having a hard time believing this thread is around after Sorcerers finally received some long-deserved TLC and are brought up to the DK level of relatively "balanced?"

I want to hope for the best for Nightblades. Really. I do. It has a fun class kit, but doesn't have the numbers or survival skills to keep up with others in PvE. As of this moment, they aren't competing in either magicka or stamina form, be it damage or group utility, and thus they aren't brought along much for end-game.

Granted, player skill with weaving the rotations can cause variance in performance; however, it's hard to compete with DK fire damage output and the lightning shitting conduit that is the Sorcerer. Both classes get sizable buffs to their relative damage outputs with the stacking of passives. Dunmer DK vs. X NB? That fire damage passive stacking out damages the NB before the fight even begins. There is no "Magic damage increased by X%" passive in the Nightblade or Templar trees or on races. (Which would be ridiculous.) It's bad enough there are races with damage bonuses to begin with.

And I understand that there are individual resistances for each element, but given that everyone and their grandmother uses sharpened, CP for penetration, possibly gear for penetration, and breaching/fracture is present, those individual resists aren't much of a factor anymore, thus making that a moot point.

Granted, the above references are in relation to magicka builds, as they are clearly dominating in PvE at the moment. Stamina builds are in a really bad spot for PvE across the board, so that's not just a Nightblade issue. And this honestly should be a higher priority for the devs as well, but since ZOS is comprised of two guys with multiple forum alt accounts and some hired actors for their live events, budgeting of time and resources between making/fixing bugs, CS, balance, and the new *** child, Morrowind, can be tough.

There was a thread going around a little while ago with the numbers of participants in trials 'n stuff, and NBs were barely represented on it. I'm not going to link it because I don't feel like going on a hunt to find it again. It's around here somewhere if you don't believe me.

Waiting for open beta to be over.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc got TLC and then some. I play sorc it is my main class. And I really think it's silly that I can be so safe as ranged DPS with the best shield and do the highest DPS. I honestly felt our 1T spot was great. Good ranged damage not the highest DPS in a raid but still able to get the 50's in trials. And Stam was the highest but the most risky. I hate this new meta.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should play what you enjoy playing.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play what you enjoy playing imo. If you are trying to run vet trials to DPS, I highly recommend using a Mag Sorc though. You will not be taken as seriously by certain groups as a Magblade due to their current state.

Groups simply don't have a reason to take Magblades or even Stamina classes. It's not because Mag DK/Sorc/Templar is overpowered either..... there just needs to be a few Magblade buffs and an overarching Stamina buff (Stamina classes are luckily all balanced quite well with each other).
  • RoninDerRote
    Please join the sorcs in Cyrodiil. My shieldbreaker needs more and more food...
    - memento mori -
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Edited by acw37162 on April 1, 2017 5:55PM
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xecil wrote: »
    I'm becoming more and more discouraged from playing Nightblade every day when there is the option of sorcerer available in its current state. It's not that sorcerer is overpowered, it's just that sorcerer as a class is fully functional. Daedric Summoning passives aside, there is a great synergy with the class abilities and the passives that the Nightblade class just can't compete with. This, the complete silence from ZO regarding anything other than Grim Focus, and the fact that I'm very confident that we will not see a class balance pass until Morrowind is released severely lowers my interest in continuing with my Nightblade.

So what do all of you think? Do any of you have any confidence that Nightblade will ever get the balance changes soon that it needs? Or should we all just let it die?

Each class is effective in a great players hands. How long have you been playing Nightblade? PVP or PVE? Magic or Stamina?

Floki