The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DDI version 11.1 still won't run the game

crow4161
crow4161
Soul Shriven
I have a Toshiba laptop L750 with Windows 10 64-bit, DirectX Version: DirectX 12, DDI Version: 11.1
I was able to download the Elder Scrolls online from the game discs bought at Wal-Mart but when I tried to play the game, the error stated that my DDI version wasn't sufficient to run the game. As I understood it, as long as the DDI version is over 11, it should run the game.

Is there a fix for this or have I wasted my money and a lot of time on the purchase of EOS?
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    If you receive an error stating “Your DirectX version is unsupported,” you will need to update your current version of DirectX to DirectX 11.

You can find instructions on downloading and installing the latest version of DirectX .

Please note that while you may have the correct version of DirectX 11 installed, you will still receive this error if your graphics card is not fully compatible.

To check to see if your graphics card is compatible:
    1.Click the Windows button to activate the Start Menu.
    2.In the search box, type "dxdiag" and run the program.

3.Click on the Display tab.
    4.On the right-hand side, look for "DDI version" underneath Drivers. If the number next to DDI version is any less than 11, it means that your graphics hardware does not support DirectX 11 and does not meet the game's minimum requirements.

If you continue to experience issues after updating your DirectX drivers, you should check to ensure that your computer’s hardware and operating system meet the game’s minimum specifications.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post