Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

SEVERE BUG: XP/Skill Loss after using Shrine of Stendarr

BalticBlues
BalticBlues
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
WARNING: Since the new patch, the Shrine of Stendarr can remove XP/Skills.

Description: Today, I used the shrine to alter some skills, as I do after almost each large patch. However, after using the shrine I found that two of my skills are not available anymore as if I had never leveled them up:

Sorcerer - Bound Aegis IV: This morph is not available anymore.
Instead I am back at Bound Armor III. All XP after this somehow has been lost.

Destruction Staff - Destructive Reach IV: This morph also is not available anymore.
Instead I am back at Destructive Touch I. All XP after has been lost!

Especially the total XP loss for Destructive Reach is painful, because this is one of my most essential skills!
Can ZOS support help restoring these massive losses?
Edited by BalticBlues on March 14, 2017 10:57AM
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same for me, though it was Bound Armaments and Poison Injection.

B.A. was rolled back to Bound Armor III. P.I. was rolled all the way back to Poison Arrow I - at it's lowest lever, as if I had never slotted the skill in the first place.

The weird part was that after the patch, I noticed that Reviving Barrier had been rolled back. I didn't worry about it, since I don't use that skill much. But after using the shrine last night, Reviving Barrier was restored to it's morphed form.

Very odd behavior.

I've advised my guild mates to be wary of respeccing their skills, as they're likely to have to relearn things they've known for months.
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We have moved this thread to Bug Reports.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This also happened to me just now.

Reset my morphs at the Shrine to Stuhl and my Poison Injection IV is now back to Poison Arrow I. It appears to be the only skill that messed up though.

Annoying, but fixable with a couple of dozen dolmens. :(
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had similar problems with Bound Armor and Poison Arrow too, among others.

• SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some a while back posted a response they got from support thay basically said this is becuase they in their infinite wisdom moved skills around and to any one this effect to just suck it up and grins the skills out again.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skills take more or less experience to level up depending on their placement within a skill line.

Poison Arrow used to be the first skill in the Bow tree. It is now the fifth skill. Snipe was moved from the fifth Bow skill to the first Bow skill, and Poison Arrow from the first Bow skill to the fifth Bow skill.

To put it simply - Poison Arrow will require a lot more experience to level up than before. Because you unmorphed the skill, you must makeup the experience that is now required to reach Rank IV due to it becoming the fifth skill in the Bow tree (prior to Homestead it was the first skill in the Bow tree). We see similar things like this occurring for Bound Armor and other skills too.

No bugs luckily.
    Edited by Vaoh on March 21, 2017 1:34AM
  • TheForseti
    TheForseti
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Skills take more or less experience to level up depending on their placement within a skill line.

Poison Arrow used to be the first skill in the Bow tree. It is now the fifth skill. Snipe was moved from the fifth Bow skill to the first Bow skill, and Poison Arrow from the first Bow skill to the fifth Bow skill.

To put it simply - Poison Arrow will require a lot more experience to level up than before. Because you unmorphed the skill, you must makeup the experience that is now required to reach Rank IV due to it becoming the fifth skill in the Bow tree (prior to Homestead it was the first skill in the Bow tree). We see similar things like this occurring for Bound Armor and other skills too.

No bugs luckily.

But I used poison injection about 10,000 times after hitting rank IV with it, that would make up the difference in experience about 100x over...
    PC-NA | CP 1,400+ @The_Forseti
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheForseti wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »

No bugs luckily.

But I used poison injection about 10,000 times after hitting rank IV with it, that would make up the difference in experience about 100x over...

But they most likely don't keep track of any xp once it hits maximum rank..
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's right, like MisBizz said, skills don't get XP once they reach max rank. And now, since some skills got shuffled around, the accumulated XP suddenly is not sufficient anymore for max rank so you need to grind some more.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP