The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Will you do smthn with vampires?

• Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP is conflating his/her experience with difficult to kill players and the powers/benefits of vamperism. It's far more likely the tanky build meta currently ruling the roost in Pvp is the true cause for your angst. Armor sets combined with the inherent strengths of certain classes make some IMPOSSIBLE to 1v1 and we've all seen the toons holding off 8,9, 15 players at a time. THAT's the problem...the fact that said super powerful dude/dudess is also a vampire is fairly unimportant to this discussion. I'm a Vampire because the thought of crawling around in sneak from point A to point B and 0.1 miles per hour just makes my head hurt. It's like watching paint dry...and not at all "fun". One mans opinion...
  • Nebbles
    Nebbles
    ✭✭
    The main thing I dislike about vampire is that it is just so good that I always feel pressure to become one (I respeced out of it). Mist, magic regen, sneak speed, damage reduction at low hp...at little downsides (the fire/hp regen never really bothered me).

Mist form is close to a must have for PvP for magica users.

I think vamp just too good. It should add a bit of flavour, not synergise so perfectly.

Edited by Nebbles on February 27, 2017 11:12AM
  • JodaGreyhame
    JodaGreyhame
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    I hate glowey eyes. They give me a option to remove my stupid glowey eyes i would take it and be happy being forced into vamp
    @Baconlad All you need is a skin (ie Cradle of Shadows/Ruins of Mazzatun/Maw of Lorkhaj etc). There are multiple skins in the game, and they hide vampire quite well :smile:
    Orsimer Than You I Am: Orc Warden
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebbles wrote: »
    The main thing I dislike about vampire is that it is just so good that I always feel pressure to become one (I respeced out of it). Mist, magic regen, sneak speed, damage reduction at low hp...at little downsides (the fire/hp regen never really bothered me).

Mist form is close to a must have for PvP for magica users.

I think vamp just too good. It should add a bit of flavour, not synergise so perfectly.

You think 25% fire dmg and 20% extra dmg from fighters guild is a little downside?

You'll be complaining about being hit with a 14k leap soon.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never tried vamp - so I'm not speaking from experience.. but It feels to me like mist form is too good. I often see people talking about magsorcs 'best mobility' then I look at the stuff that mistform escapes from and think 'man, I wish I could do that with streak'..
    I'm always put off with the fire damage/EOTS//fighters guild stuff.. but could always just mist-form through it, right?

Kind of feels like where people use it to give mobility to a class which shouldn't have mobility - yeah, that's ok - but I don't think it should provide *better* mobility than class mobility skills which other classes do (and are supposed to) have.. if you follow.

As I say, I'm not sure it is actually better - but from the outside it looks like it.

btw, does constitution work in mist-form?
    Edited by Biro123 on February 27, 2017 11:43AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Fighters's Guild abilities and fire hurt a LOT. I'd drop vamp in a hot second if there were a magicka option other than mist form in this snare/root-fest that is Cyrodiil.

Yes and no, burning embers + engulfing = useless to a mist form spammer, barely any damage.

A Vampire templar just purges and it ends up being an 8+ minute fight till someone gives up.

Or until you hit them with a 10k dawnbreaker.

Honestly this forum...

Magplar and mag dk's go vamp because of mist form only.

Fire eats vamps, eye of the storm, other mag dk's.

Trap beast hurts vamps as well as danwbreaker which is pretty much what every stam build is using.

I am not a vampire, and dawnbreaker on a magicka build is okay-ish, but leap is much better for a mDK.

I did not disagree with you, just stated how most players i have seen play.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    I dont really feel like vampire should be adjusted, but I do think the templar class needs some kind of work around for vampire. It just doesn't make sense that most templars are vampires when they are a sun slinging class. Mabye something more desirable through the fighters guild tree that can take place of mist form. It would be cool if the templar was the vampire hunter, but it looks like dragonkight ends up being a vampire hunter.
    I'm a magsorc
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im actually probably going to drop Vampire on my Sorc tonight.

Mist form is useless because it doesn't work right half the time, gap closers still snare you, and you cna often still be rooted even in Mist. the only thing left is the 10% stam and mag recovery and thats simply not worth the fire damage and damage increase to my shields.

Vampire is over rated, and is best on Templars, DK, and some Nightblade gankers (outliers)

I have two toons(Nightblade and Templar) i'll keep as vampires though
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on February 27, 2017 3:42PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    vampire is ok atm because of all fire dmg. Might be a bit strong when stacked with dmg reduction like pirate skeleton or reactive.
    Prime exempel would be magica templar reactive, vampire, minor protection and pirate skeleton. Try stunning and bursting that.
  • KingKalbo
    KingKalbo
    ✭✭
    Chasin those Cyrodil vamps be like

https://goo.gl/images/Bxae52
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    It is pretty bad, but vampires are hurting out there with all of the DK's fire leaping. That's the balance part, 20% more damage to fire.

I love how streak and dodge have increasing costs for consecutive casts. Mist form doesn't, that's something that needs consideration since it's a powerful mobility and temporary damage immunity skill.

As you pointed out, mist form has the penalties associated with being a vamp. Now if you want to add more penalties eg streak and dodge cost increase, then you'd have to even it out by giving streak and dodge a damage taken penalty the way mist form has. Or something similar. Since balance.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use vampire for sneak passive. Absolutely must put 75 pts or more into elemental defense to feel normal squishy.

Mist form is silly cuz i can time it and gap close it.
    Drain essence is a waste
    Clouding and devouring swarm are medicore at best compared to meteor, eots, dawnbreaker, other

Vampire would be more fun if it became a class of its own. Im inpatient though so sneak passive is a must.

Im only a vamp on 1 of my 2 char.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    I use vampire for sneak passive. Absolutely must put 75 pts or more into elemental defense to feel normal squishy.

Mist form is silly cuz i can time it and gap close it.
    Drain essence is a waste
    Clouding and devouring swarm are medicore at best compared to meteor, eots, dawnbreaker, other

Vampire would be more fun if it became a class of its own. Im inpatient though so sneak passive is a must.

Im only a vamp on 1 of my 2 char.

Devouring swarm is amazing is like my favorite ultimate you are basically invincible why doing decent AOE damage and can still use single target abilities. I agree with all your other points though
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started out at a WW templar.
    I swapped to Vamplar.
    Why?

Because although I get EXTREMELY hurt by the seige engines using fire, and DK's, All I had to do was change my playstyle. I am far less interested in leaping into the fray now, now I play an actual healer, actually healing. I watch my back, because I am actually squishier becoming a vampire, but I do it for the magicka pay off. I have to be extra careful with any decision I make to run through oil pots now, or If I see a DK on the horizon. It added challenge for me, and I like it.
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My templar is a Vampire. WAnt to know why?
    MIST FORM. Until Zenimax adds a penalty for gap-close spam & a snare-immunity(one that actually works) - of course you'll see slow Magicka DKs & Templars especially use it. Cus it's our only escape.
    Magblades got Summon Shade / Cloak - Sorcs got streak. Have you ever seen a templar trying to kite? No? Good, I haven't either. Mist form is essential to not just stand there and get shrekt.

The vampire skills are pretty useless unless you use mist form to escape. Bats are pretty meh - Invig drain..except for fighting permablockers wtf does it even do.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    It is pretty bad, but vampires are hurting out there with all of the DK's fire leaping. That's the balance part, 20% more damage to fire.

I love how streak and dodge have increasing costs for consecutive casts. Mist form doesn't, that's something that needs consideration since it's a powerful mobility and temporary damage immunity skill.

Damage reduction, not immunity. And you still get gap closer snared and sometimes even rooted while in mistform anyway because reasons. And since you don't regen stats or get healed while in mistform, it has roughly the same penalties on your magicka pool as streaking. Nor can you cast skills or drink potions. If you find yourself spamming mistform, it's usually a very bad sign for your immediate future.

Now gap closers not having an increasing cost penalty or any downside to spamming them... that's a different kettle of fish.

I agree with this. #1 goal while Mistforming? Find some LoS to get behind fast!
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    only place where vampires are mortal like are in organized raids. there you see vampire get multiple dawnbreaker and you feel like nothing happened to her/him, thats only because so much healllzzzzz is being spammed that few ulti here and there wont really do any harm.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its bad now but it use to be so much worse. I remember when BatSwarm was even more powered than it is now and you had to be a vampire to play PvP.

Least we now have fiery storm a mortals only chance. Cause that does a lot of damage to us but without it we would be doomed.