The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Just before you arrived in coldharbor at the start of the game.

• wakeyjimb16_ESO
    wakeyjimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Daimmyo wrote: »
    Skooma wholesaler.

You have got a lot to answer for sir... I've begun to see way too much weird stuff after a hit now. Everyone I meet seems to be riding cats made of lightning or accompanied by baby netches or some other nonsense that can't possibly be real.
  • Daimmyo
    Daimmyo
    ✭✭✭
    Skooma wholesaler.

You have got a lot to answer for sir... I've begun to see way too much weird stuff after a hit now. Everyone I meet seems to be riding cats made of lightning or accompanied by baby netches or some other nonsense that can't possibly be real.

That's Molag Bal trying to set me up, we got into serious territory issues in Daggerfall and I kicked him out from that corner - the kid was just not into negotiations.

He paid some knuckleheads - they started lacing up Skooma with Bloodthirster excrement and deployed fake branding followed with rumors connecting my name with that weak product.

Believe me, my *** is pure bomb - not that hipster-like hallucinogen.
  • kenneth.friisb16_ESO
    "Rodrick Gilliard has only one memory from before the prison cell in Coldharbour but the memory is vivid. He remember being in big city with houses up to three stories tall, eating salmon with a radish slaw with a beautiful breton woman. He remembers her long brown hair tied in a long knot hanging down over her shoulder, in perfect contrast to the green silken dress she was wearing. Then memory reminds him of something he wanted to say or do, but it is a blur and the memory ends with a loud hornlike noise and a blinding blue and white light.

He doesn't know, how long he spend in the cell, but he knows that if the woman is trapped somewhere in Coldharbour and still alive, he must save her. "

Anyway, some background to my templar battlepriest thing, to explain why he battles the planemeld and Molag Bal.
    Edited by kenneth.friisb16_ESO on February 28, 2017 1:08PM
    PC-EU
    Dastan Kingfrey - Gentleman Thief, Adventurer and Philanthropist
    Kenneth Kingfrey - Spellsword, member of the Mages Guild
    Thurin Hammerhand - Northern Warden, Traveller and NOT a dwarf
    Kenneth Willysson - Wanderer, Mountaineer and Swinger of Axes

PS4-EU
  • guar_slayer
    guar_slayer
    Soul Shriven
    Well...I just so happen to have a story about that.

It's the first story

Omg, this is awesome. I know how I'll entertain myself while commuting now.

As for my character, she was ambushed by cultists on the way back from the Hallin's Stand Mages Guild after delivering some routine, less than legal ingredients to a local Magister who liked to dabble in necromancy and probably knew about the ambush (or the plans of harvesting ritual sacrifices at least), yet did nothing to prevent it since knowledge is power, cultists had knowledge she wanted, and nobody would miss a random street kid either way.

I've got a short story there too. Found here. Well it's more like a general setting to the story since the ending is pretty much a given, but it's still worth it :3
    Edited by guar_slayer on February 28, 2017 5:13PM
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...I just so happen to have a story about that.

It's the first story

Omg, this is awesome. I know how I'll entertain myself while commuting now.

Just a few weeks ago, I downloaded it in an audiobook format, and listened to it to entertain myself while working in a lab.

Also, it's good to see someone else enjoy it.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of good time line oriented lore in my character bio - leads right up to cold harbour!!:

Rickter Back Story
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• wakeyjimb16_ESO
    wakeyjimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Skooma wholesaler.

That's Molag Bal trying to set me up, we got into serious territory issues in Daggerfall and I kicked him out from that corner - the kid was just not into negotiations.

He paid some knuckleheads - they started lacing up Skooma with Bloodthirster excrement and deployed fake branding followed with rumors connecting my name with that weak product.

Believe me, my *** is pure bomb - not that hipster-like hallucinogen.

Best dealer I ever had was some guy called Clavicus. Always made a good deal.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just chillin' in the Spire
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hughe

Hughe had already gained notoriety in the mage's guild, and was investigating the happenings caused by the Soul Burst. He and two young mages were attempting to investigate what appeared to be a dormant Dark Anchor in Glenumbra. However, the anchor was simply not activated yet by the Worm Cult. The Worm Cultists arrived in numbers, and while Hughe and the two Journeymen attempted to hold them off, they killed the young mages, and captured Hughe. Hughe was then sacrificed during the ritual, and the Dark Anchor opened, swallowing him, and separating him from his soul.

(I have yet to write the story, but thanks to this thread, I think I have one in mind! )

"Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Mephilis78
    Mephilis78
    ✭✭✭
    Padraig was knight from Windkeep
    Kong'do was a retired theif living happily in Dune.
    Blackadder was a spy for breton royal
    Divad was a merchant sailor from Rihad
    Marvolo doesn't remeber (but he actually spent many decades in coldharbor, and he was actually a legendary Mage who left the psijic order with Vanus [he was a specific target of mannimarco]).
    "'You have suffered for me to win this throne, and I see how you hate jungle. Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you.'" The Many Headed Talos - Michael Kirkbride
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Breton characters, Brendalyn and Marcel Jurarde, were from Wayrest, but they were disgusted with the greed of the powerful mercantile interests there and didn't want to see them come to rule Tamriel. So they decided to travel to Skyrim and join the Pact. They fell into the clutches of a coven of Worm Cultists and ended up being sacrificed at Daedric dolmens from Coldharbor.

My Khajiiti characters, Rissa and Tragare Manyclaws, were from Elswyre, but they were not convinced that Queen Ayrenn's multicultural policies were wise. So they left the Dominion and were crossing Cyrodiil when they were captured by Argonians who were under Manimarco's influence. Manimarco had the Argonians deliberately infect them with the Khahaten flu because he wanted to see whether the disease could be used against the enemies of Molag Bal.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tylos Septim
    Imperial Commander

He disagreed with everything that was going on in the Imperial City! When the Daedra attacked he was commanded to keep the citizens within the imperial city to be sacrificed! He knew this was wrong so he prayed to Akatosh for strength! Filled with a burst of energy he ordered his legion to round up as many Civilians as possible and get them to safety. He noticed that daedra were blocking the gate so he took his very best 20 soldiers and cleared the gate. they opened it to let out the civilians but as he did hordes of daedra approached for within the city. He ordered his men to defend the gate with him in order to give the civilians a chance! Wave after wave his forces Sliced through them like a knife through butter! Then a man Tylos did not recognise approached from the White Gold Tower. He waved his staff in the air and his troops fell to the floor, their souls floating into the black crystal he was holding. Tylos tried to charge but he could not move. Mannimarco approached and whispered you have failed before placing his hand on Tylos's forehead. The world went dark. He awoke in a cell, cold and alone. He knew one thing, he had to get out. But not for him, for his troops, for Akatosh and most importantly, Nirn itself...
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belacqua Andswaru: He had contacted a scholar for an apprenticeship and conveniently neglected to mention that he was a Bosmer (aka feral n'wah) and not a Dunmer during the correspondence (he took on the family name Andswaru mostly because others would assume he was from an old small Dunmer house.) This scholar was so affronted by being "tricked" into teaching a dirty Bosmer (who annoyingly did very well) that he sold Bela out to the Worm Cult who attacked as Bela slept.

O'risen: betrayed by the sons of his former Lord. The cult he was born into contracted him out to a noble family as a personal assassin/ body guard/ double from a young age (relatively young for an elf). The original Lord was an okay guy, but his sons grew up spoiled, entitled, and believed themselves invincible. They had no qualms selling out O'risen to the worm cult to pay off debts. He was double crossed and really should have seen it coming.
    Edited by max_only on March 21, 2017 4:17AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I roleplay as if the Coldharbor stuff never happened.

My character and the MSQ protagonist are two separate individuals.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • DelfLordBob
    DelfLordBob
    ✭✭
    Bob was a US Army Veteran who served in Iraq. He showed up at the VA Hospital one day and accidentally drifted off to sleep in the waiting room. He woke up in Coldharbour.
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »
    I roleplay as if the Coldharbor stuff never happened.

My character and the MSQ protagonist are two separate individuals.

This. Some quests are there for the completion but don't get factored into my characters story. Though, even those are done IC.
  • Sidskii
    Sidskii
    Soul Shriven
    He was being held prisoner by Mehrunes Dagon for stealing Mehrunes' razor. Dagon lost him to Molag Bal in a bet.
    Edited by Sidskii on March 30, 2017 5:01AM
  • rtaylor63
    rtaylor63
    My main was an orc mercenary on the run from the other strongholds until being ambushed and killed by the Worm Cult
  • Spaghettiknight
    Travelling, seeing new sights, creatures, and meeting new people, and most important of all making good memories.
  • CrowInTheWood
    Lonan was on the hunt for an old enemy. He'd tracked him down to the Gold Coast, but he hadn't reached him yet. He was staying in the woodlands of northern Cyrodiil, hiding out in some old ruin and planning his hunt. During a ritual, Molag Bal approached him and attempted to recruit him to the Worm Cult. He knew of Lonan's talents with darker magic and wanted to put them to use on his end. Lonan refused and attempted to banish him. The Daedric Prince, however, would not be sent away. He ripped out Lonan's soul, threw him in Coldharbour, and silenced his sorcery just to spite him.

"That fool hiding in the ratholes of Anvil will never know how lucky he got..."
    Edited by CrowInTheWood on May 12, 2017 12:41AM
    Lonan of Dubh, Breton Hedge-Sorcerer-
    "Monsters all, aren't we? The only difference being some of us are proud of our claws."
    "Love only has one other name- Betrayal."
    "Power. The prize that takes everything. Such a price we pay..."
  • Athelanas
    Athelanas
    My character (Athelanas) was a loyal member of the worm cult, assisted Mannimarco in sacrificing other people's souls for Molag Bal. She was visited by another Daedric Prince, Sheogorath who, after a long roundabout and befuddling conversation (as is always the case when dealing with the Daedric prince of Madness) told her that Molag Bal wanted her soul. Molag Bal discovers Sheogorath's intrusion of his plans and orders Mannimarco to quickly have my character sacrificed.

Athelanas never thought Mannimarco would ever betray his most loyal of servants, unfortunately for her, she was wrong. Once she was in Coldharbour she couldn't remember the circumstances of her arrival to Molag Bal's plane of Oblivion. However gradually she remembered thanks to the Prophet. She now sought three things:
    1. To exact revenge on Mannimarco
    2. Stop Molag Bal's Planemeld
    3. Atone for her crimes when she was in the Worm Cult

I think it's safe to say I've really thought this through.
    This signature is deliberately left blank.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »
    All my characters were simply living their lives in their various ways - some comfortably and happily, some less so. I've chosen not to RP as the vestige, and for the purposes of what I want to do, none of them have been to Coldharbour.

This is how I play all of my characters. Theyre all lucky to have not been on the receiving end of a sacrificial blade. But they all currently fight in the Three Banners War as sellswords. So they are still suffering day to day as they kill and watch as friends and comrades are killed.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Solace of Shadows
    It was the first and last time I tried rotmeth.

"Hey city Bosmer!" They said.

"Respect your traditions!" They said.

"Try the Bosmer drink of choice!" They said.

Craven Trumper. The lot of them.

(A "Trumper" comes from an ancient Bosmer insult for a lying, mentally unstable, egotistical, tiny handed blond creature. I wish to revive this insult.)
    Edited by Solace of Shadows on May 20, 2017 8:54PM
    Solace In Shadows is my name in the realm of Tamriel. If you disagree with my words or disparage my sentiments, then face me on the battlefield and you can kiss my axe.