Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Character backstory question

Nagus
Nagus
I am not super familiar with ES lore and I was wondering how feasible this idea was:

A khajiit who finds his soul reincarnating after he dies in different times. For example: He was present during the events of Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and ESO in order. Also he isn't the hero of any of those stories, but witnessed some events during them. His memory of previous lives wouldn't be perfect, either.

Just wondering how feasible of an idea this is. Haven't decided how this came to be outside of possibly getting on the wrong side of a daedric prince at some point in his original life (which I am gonna say didn't take place during any of the game time periods)
Kazim'dar
Nightblade
Aldemeri Dominion
ps4-NA
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just write what feels right for your character. You shouldn't be worried about being stuck within in game bounds.

For example, I wrote my character as having ascended to a state that is debated about being close to a god, or a Daedric Prince. Then a ton of stuff about a small scale Daedric invasion of a part of the Summerset Isles, and how my character ascends to be so powerful.

I even go as far to say that she was incredibly well-gifted in magic, "being the pinnacle of achievement in her family, and perhaps all of Altmer". I then add in a bit of the ESO lore, and make a comparison between my character and the Wilderking/Queen.

My point being you really don't need to be completely bound by what happens in game. I believe that @Krist uses one of their characters as not being the Vestige, in a comparison to your case.

Your idea is feasible enough for me.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is in-lore precedent for reincarnation... maybe... depending on how much you believed the Nerevarine really was Nerevar Indoril reborn in TES III Morrowind.

And when you factor in dragon souls, yeah. Reincarnation seems to be one of several options for what happens to souls after death, albeit it sounds like you need special circumstances to explain it.

Getting on the wrong side of a Daedric Prince sounds feasible, and so does getting on the right side of someone else powerful, like Azura or one of the Divines. Also, necromancy magic, done willingly or not, can be a powerful thing. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if a sufficiently powerful mortal mage, like Mannimarco or Divayth Fyr, could set something like this in motion if they had motivation to do so.

So I say go for it. It sounds like a fun story.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nagus wrote: »
    I am not super familiar with ES lore and I was wondering how feasible this idea was:

A khajiit who finds his soul reincarnating after he dies in different times. For example: He was present during the events of Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and ESO in order. Also he isn't the hero of any of those stories, but witnessed some events during them. His memory of previous lives wouldn't be perfect, either.

Just wondering how feasible of an idea this is. Haven't decided how this came to be outside of possibly getting on the wrong side of a daedric prince at some point in his original life (which I am gonna say didn't take place during any of the game time periods)

Any idea is feasible in a world where a Dragon Break exists, to be quite honest, and as was said, getting on the bad side of a Deadric Prince, or on the good side of one, can surely do it. You do not have to be specific on WHY even, with the Daedric Princes, they seldom need much of an excuse. Just keep in mind, ESO is a time BEFORE all other games, starting in the 2nd era around 583 or so. The next would be centuries later in Elder Scrolls Adventures in 2nd era 864. This is not to say your character could not have been looped back in time.

This is the timeline I have used, and studied a bit, to help keep writings in order. It is fun to follow if you enjoy the lore.
    elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

This is another that I found for a more quick reference if you prefer.
    sea.ign.com/elder-scrolls-online-mac/67056/news/tamriel-timeline-where-do-elder-scrolls-online-and-skyrim-fiz

Have fun with your character, most of all. It is a land of magic, dragons, prophets and kings, and just about anything else you can imagine for this type of setting.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reincarnation is already incorporated into Khajiit lore. However, its reserved for the Mane. The khajiit believe is the same demi-deity over and over.

but the great thing about Khajiit is they are like, super, supernatural and everything about them is governed by the moons. be creative and have fun!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons