The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Surviving Pvp

Illadraen
Illadraen
I'm trying to figure what is needed as a templar or sorcerer to survive longer in pvp scuffles-even from being solo ganked. Crapton of resists? health? what? It's a bit of a pain to deal with that, as I think I have a decent setup for my 5 key slots. Any suggestions? I ask, because I see many get into scuffles or even ganked by two or three and they just survive quite awhile before succumbing.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For that situation you're gonna want mist form. It's the best way I know if to get away from 5+ attackers and survive to fight later.

That aside I slot breath of life and harness magicka on the same button so when I weapon swap I always have my "oh crap" button available.

Also, I run all heavy armor.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illadraen wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure what is needed as a templar or sorcerer to survive longer in pvp scuffles-even from being solo ganked. Crapton of resists? health? what? It's a bit of a pain to deal with that, as I think I have a decent setup for my 5 key slots. Any suggestions? I ask, because I see many get into scuffles or even ganked by two or three and they just survive quite awhile before succumbing.

Reactive Armor, Malubeth, Frost staff
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Templar, 5-7 pieces of impen, the more the merrier. If you havve a defending backbar weapon, get in the habit of always being on that bar when not fighting. Break free immediately and dodgeroll immediately after when ganked, trifood will gave you enough stamina for this. Set down the appropriate defensive skills while healing and LoSing as needed to regain your composure, then turn the tables on them. You can skip the dodgeroll, but it will be a little harder to "reset" the fight (it was cost more magicka and time) but still completely doable on a regular basis.

This works in light armor with no cp.

EDIT: Oh, this was how to survive a gank, btw. You'll want magicka regen to be no less than 1.6k. 1.8k is more comfortable, but if you can manage 2k you're golden. Have one reliable heal on each bar for when you need to keep yourself topped off while fighting. Fight in your house when possible.
    Edited by WhiteMage on February 28, 2017 9:50AM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha ... impen.

I have 0 crit resist this week. It doesn't matter.

Impen will surely make you survive a bit longer only to eventually die. Gearing up for more damage will kill your opponents and then you survive to fight another player.

Edit: My magic regen is under 600. Also didn't matter. Just heavy attack more. I still had above 41k magic on my Templar last night without CP. The bigger gas tank was quite helpful.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on February 28, 2017 12:32PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dig Spell Wall too
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean it's hard to really judge, honestly for sorcerer you should just put all attribute points into magicka, get the three shields and shield stack, that is the best way to survive.
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    On my magplar I run 5 heavy and have sword and board on my back bar. I have 24k health and 5 peices of impen. I always travel on my back bar so when I get ganked I'll break cc pop S+B ult , breath of life and then asses whether to elusive mist to a better spot or lay down the house and fight.

This is no cp camppaign.
    Edited by Forztr on February 28, 2017 5:17PM