The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

vMA bow enchantment still eating charges each tick when on bow bar?

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
On XB NA homestead live, the bow still appears to be eating charges each tick of endless hail while on the bow bar. I thought this was supposed to be fixed?

To recreate: Cast endless hail on bow bar and remain on bow bar for 5 or so casts & duration. You will notice your charges drained significantly more than they should be.
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the bugs were fixed before console launch, focus is on housing, PvP and animal noises apparently.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    None of the bugs were fixed before console launch, focus is on housing, PvP and animal noises apparently.

I'm totally fine with PvP being focused as it is probably the worst performing aspect of the game currently, but this is a pretty annoying bug. I'm not concerned about the soul gems, as I probably have 5k grand gems accumulated across all my characters, but having the bow run out during dungeon runs unexpectedly can seriously *** with my DPS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standing on my horse is kind of fun, broken combat mechanics causing lowered dps and increased incoming damage not so much.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump? This bug still exists and is starting to get very frustrating. UPDATE: There is an audio que for when this bug occurs. So you may notice that when you switch to a bow bar with a VMA bow on it, there is a small audio effect that represents the maelstorm bow enchantment. Sounds almost like "thunder off in the distance". While endless hail is up, sometimes when switching to the bow bar you will hear this audio que, but it will loop and you will hear it over and over again. I think this is tied with the bug as I have observed the bug occurring simultaneously to the audio que bug.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I had to charge my bow twice in vMA. I usually don't have to charge it every 20 minutes.

Contrary to what some people have been saying the enchant doesn't work when the weapon isn't charged.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • jasonteck
    jasonteck
    I am having the same issue. running DSA, bow had to be charged every few rounds and we did the run in less than 1.3/4 hours.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Bump? This bug still exists and is starting to get very frustrating. UPDATE: There is an audio que for when this bug occurs. So you may notice that when you switch to a bow bar with a VMA bow on it, there is a small audio effect that represents the maelstorm bow enchantment. Sounds almost like "thunder off in the distance". While endless hail is up, sometimes when switching to the bow bar you will hear this audio que, but it will loop and you will hear it over and over again. I think this is tied with the bug as I have observed the bug occurring simultaneously to the audio que bug.

That's very interesting, I did notice that sound. I thought they just changed the audio cue.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Pallio wrote: »

I'm totally fine with PvP being focused as it is probably the worst performing aspect of the game currently, but this is a pretty annoying bug. I'm not concerned about the soul gems, as I probably have 5k grand gems accumulated across all my characters, but having the bow run out during dungeon runs unexpectedly can seriously *** with my DPS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

Exact same issue on ps4.
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on March 10, 2017 6:51AM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It eats ticks even on light attacks and stuff like poison injection.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro the master lightning charged i have runs out after 6-10 WoE