Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing can i buy them and transfer ownership

rogueslayer
rogueslayer
✭✭
Can I buy a house and give it to someone
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No you cannot. Once you buy a house it's a permanent part of your account, like horses and costumes. You can't give or trade ownership to other players or sell it to an NPC.

If you want to buy a house for someone else the only way to do it is to give them the gold (or the money to buy crowns).
    Edited by Danikat on February 24, 2017 5:58PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • rogueslayer
    rogueslayer
    ✭✭
    Was thinken about guild apreciation reward
  • rogueslayer
    rogueslayer
    ✭✭
    Some captains work hard at pvp pve and dont have time to juggle gold
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some captains work hard at pvp pve and dont have time to juggle gold

Yeah, in that case the best option is to give them the gold to buy the house.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• rogueslayer
    rogueslayer
    ✭✭
    The problem is they love what they do so much they wont bother spending it
  • rogueslayer
    rogueslayer
    ✭✭
    I like to look out for my friends espcially when their great at what they do
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they put in a method of reselling your house to another player, or giving it away (while working out payment in the meta). I think there are a lot of people who bought a house and now want another house instead, yet don't want to own two houses. Considering some are more expensive than the actual game it exists in, not having a way to recoup those costs is a suckerpunch to the kidney.
    Edited by AlMcFly on February 24, 2017 6:22PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what benefit would they derive from having a house, I wonder?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In that case maybe a house isn't the right reward to give them?

Houses don't provide any benefits, beyond being a free wayshrine and a place to put the target skeleton and set crafting stations for easy access. And they're a huge gold/crown/time sink, especially if you want a target skeleton and set crafting stations.

So if you think your friends wouldn't buy one even if you gave them the gold (making it free for them) that suggests to me that if you gave them the house directly they wouldn't bother to spend the money needed to decorate the house.

Maybe give them something they would use instead? Like new equipment or the crafting materials to make it?

• LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭
    I am a little late to the party on this one, but I agree. Housing should be able to be traded and sold. We have guild traders, we can sell items, why not a house you have invested either real money into or your time crafting or finding furniture.

Its not like it would be difficult to add in, a set of indicators upon sale to allow the new owner access to the property. A button added, so the seller can activate the property for sale. Meaning all items in the house are up for sale.

It would add a new dynamic to ESO, merchant build. You can purposely go out, buy furniture and set up a home for sale. Crafting Guilds could furnish your home for a fee. Then you boost the sale with nicer furniture.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they intend for us to be able to gift houses with crowns eventually. The option is there when you preview a house but is greyed out.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!