The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

An error has occurred .. again

bluebanekin
bluebanekin
✭✭
Hi all,
I've been having a problem with logging into the game and getting "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and try again". This first starting happening when I tried to log in last Tuesday (14th Feb). It lasted for about three days, then mysteriously disappeared, so I played for a couple of days and then, the same error came back. I contacted ESO Support and got it working again after doing a power cycle of my router. However frustratingly the same error is back again. Most of the time it's the old familiar "an error has occurred" but sometimes it's error 200 or 201 and occasionally error 108 thrown in for good measure. It gets to the character screen and then, boom, it just fails. I have been playing ESO on my ISP (Virgin Media) since last May with no major issues.

Before contacting ESO Support I had tried everything I could find to resolve the issue, including removing all addons and associated variable files, changing folder ProgramData name to ProgramDataBackup, resetting my router twice, adding port forwarding to my router. I tried it on a different laptop to see if it worked, but it didn’t. I checked for updates on the launcher and ran a repair. I’ve tried on both NA and EU servers, same result. I did manage to connect using a VPN but it didn't last long and I got kicked off.

So as of this evening I'm back to not being able to play now which is very frustrating especially as I'm paying a subscription. And I need to feed my poor horse. I shouldn't have to power cycle my router every time I want to play ESO, especially as there are others in the house whom I have to ask to switch off all their stuff. I've had the upstream and downstream settings checked on my router and everything is fine. So, what is going on here? Is it a problem with the ESO servers? Am I wasting my time by phoning my ISP? I wish I knew. I'll have to dig a big hole in Astroneer and bury myself in it to calm down.
PC EU server

My main toons
Ganrane Lvl 50, Orc, Stamblade, Covenant, Grand Master Crafter.
Elsreir Crowlorn (werewolf) Lvl 50 Nord Stamknight, Dominion
Tasma-Jee Lvl 50 Argonian Magplar, Pact
Sonna Spellthar Lvl 50 High Elf MagSorc, Pact
Sanguinem Cordis Lvl 50 (vampire) Dark Elf, Sorcerer, Pact
Olfrid Crowlorn Lvl 50 (werewolf) Nord Stamknight, Pact.
Gwardena Lvl 50 Breton, Warden
Calvāria Lvl 50, Necromancer
/spoiler]

Dark moons, what was that?
  • bluebanekin
    bluebanekin
    ✭✭
    Well, I must post on the forum more often. After I'd posted, I tried again, and got online straight away! I had one crash during play in Cyrodiil, which submitted a crash report, but other than that is was good. I got to feed my horse too. Let's hope it continues.
    PC EU server

My main toons
    /spoiler]

• bluebanekin
    bluebanekin
    ✭✭
    I spoke too soon. Can't log in this evening. I've got error 304 but also the dreaded "an error has occurred" again. :'(
    PC EU server

My main toons
    /spoiler]

• ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    Error 200 occurs when a player is unable to reach one of the game's megaservers.
    If you receive this error, you should try again in a few minutes.
    If you continue to receive this message after waiting, you should try the following troubleshooting steps:
    •Check our Service Alerts page for details about the status of the game.
    •Ensure that any anti-virus/firewall protection has exception rules for The Elder Scrolls Online.
    •Ensure the following ports are open on your modem / router:
    ◦TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    ◦TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    ◦TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    ◦TCP Port 80
    ◦TCP Port 433

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • bluebanekin
    bluebanekin
    ✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_PeterT - thanks for responding to my post. Thankfully, I seem to be having fewer problems now and have been able to log in successfully for the last three or four times without resorting to turning off my router.
    PC EU server

My main toons
    /spoiler]