Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing, storage, NOW?

Messy1
Messy1
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm running out of space to put the sets I collect in dungeons, each set in the game does have some utility for some parts of the game, obviously end-game content demands or requires some specific gear setup and builds, but I want the option to save gear and use it for other parts of the game.
Edited by Messy1 on February 24, 2017 8:21AM

Housing, storage, NOW? 330 votes

Yes, there needs to be storage added to housing NOW
82%
SirAndyHawkeyeBaybaeckzSlayerSyrenaGrafDrescheFelixTheCattSolarikenvailjohn_ESOdodgehopper_ESOWillowKrucidSunrabigscoothb14_ESONewBlacksmurfInklingsDurnikjimshrum3b14_ESOWalkingLegacyRainwhisperHoylegu 272 votes
No, there does not need to be storage in your housing
9%
Grymmoireotis67mechengr7OsteosElsterchenVriendaSoupDragonthomas1970b16_ESORev Rielleelias.stormneb18_ESOOmniDoElsonsojircris11Carcantekip_silverwolfCaffeinatedMayhemTandorseaefDHaleRustyfish101 32 votes
Pack Mule characters are good enough for me
3%
TurelusKnootewootThePaulrus94KhamiAdamskiAldersOeildefeu91Darkestnght117DiosIronCrystalLadislao 10 votes
I have an alternative solution . . .
4%
GrunimNeillMcAttackidkNermyphairdonOreyn_BearclawArgrunaAdamBourkeADarkloreSTEVILStopnagginSovjetmax_onlyihtizarEmmagoldmanmesmerizedish 16 votes
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until there is a storage system I pretty much ignore housing alltogether. The game is too much Elder accounting Online as it is.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pack Mule characters are good enough for me
    With max characters upgraded in bags/bank and ESO+ I am fine holding onto several sets to use across my account.

I generally leave one character as a true mule who has max bag space upgrade and he can hold any sets which are in storage for meta changes, any good sets are on active characters and each can happily run around with one or two spare sets in their inventory and still have plenty of bag space.

I do have the advantage of being ESO+ however which means materials storage is never an issue for me, as well as owning both assistant NPC's from the crown store to let me sell/bank on to go.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me add . . .

I am and ESO + subscriber and I STILL run out of room in my bank to store things. I can't put bound items in my "dummy" Guild Bank because it's not allowed.

ZOS is it really a "solution" for players to make "pack mule" characters solely for storage? Don't pack mule characters put undue stress on the servers because of the constant logging on and logging off of the characters? Can you give us some concrete answers on the percentage of server usage devoted to logging ong and logging off of?

To me it seems like a "no-brainer" that if cut down on how many times people log in and out it would improve overall performance.

As for how to implement storage I had a few ideas:

1) Appropriate furniture in your house can be used to store 1 or 2 items i.e. nightstands, closets, wardrobes etc . . . it would be up to the player do remember what was stored where, which would be pretty amusing, maybe easy to implement, but not too practical
    2) Each various sized house adds a certain amount of space to your bank

Go ahead charge crowns for some storage space additions, some people will buy them, others will follow the in game route.

Really, your current Year Ahead plan states there will be "quality of life updates" and I can't think of many more urgent issues (well yes I can if really pressed on the subject) that need to be addressed than storage.

Honestly, some of the add-ons out there are great for making the game more user friendly, but you guys need to take responsibility and continue to improve the game performance and design as you go along.

Thank you,
    Messy1

PS I am enjoying homestead and just bought an Ebony Motif Book with my vouchers!
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I also like holding on to Holiday items like juggling daggers, mugs of alcohol and other little collectible and storage in housing would be the PERFECT place to stash these
  • Melos-TheMadChimera
    please please give me weapon racks and maniquins to store equipment and display them at the same time
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many players collect too many sets. At most you need four sets: PvP; DPS; Tank; Healer.
    The game has never been designed (or is it necessary) for us to collect a whole swathe of different sets, useful each only for a particular niche.

Don't get me wrong, I'd certainly enjoy storage in my home, but it is certainly not something that the game needs.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on February 24, 2017 9:22AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No to hoarding.
    Keep trade healthy.

Yes to: seperate inventory for furnitures and alike.
    Yes to: Armordisplay (maybe by using the achievement furnisher and implement an achievement for every set worn?)
    Yes to: more furnisher slots in each house (let ppl get into detail pls)
    Edited by Elsterchen on February 24, 2017 9:24AM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra storage makes housing mandatory, so no.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you have one small house for free via quest...

The storage needs to be added, but ZOS will simply won't do this because for many players crafting bag is the only reason to buy ESO + (especially when they announced that Morrowind is a "chapter", not a DLC so it can't accessed via ESO + ).

They could simply add some interactive item to the house that will simply allow you to see your others characters inventory. Because now the only good option is to either use a crafting bag (ESO +) or to keep all crafting mats in bank and some gear set pieces in your other characters inventory (upgraded to full).

The "free" space you can get is actually quite large. You can have 240 slots in bank (fully upgraded) and 200 per character (also fully upgraded). By default you have 8 character slots. So on paper:
    240 slots in bank
    200 inventory slots x 8 characters

1840 slots ?!

btw. Ok I know it will take like maybe 1 -2 year & and A LOT of gold to unlock... :o
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 24, 2017 12:25PM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you have one small house for free via quest...

The storage needs to be added, but ZOS will simply won't do this because for many players crafting bag is the only reason to buy ESO + (especially when they announced that Morrowind is a "chapter", not a DLC so it can't accessed via ESO + ).

They could simply add some interactive item to the house that will simply allow you to see your others characters inventory. Because now the only good option is to either use a crafting bag (ESO +) or to keep all crafting mats in bank and some gear set pieces in your other characters inventory (upgraded to full).

The "free" space you can get is actually quite large. You can have 240 slots in bank (fully upgraded) and 200 per character (also fully upgraded). By default you have 8 character slots. So on paper:
    240 slots in bank
    200 inventory slots x 8 characters

1840 slots ?!

btw. Ok I know it will take like maybe 1 -2 year to & and A LOT of gold to unlock... :o

Getting a free house is irrelevant. It still forces a player to interact. If they added storage it would not be access to other characters inventory

You assume that is why most people have eso+, an assumption and little more
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just make owning a small house give 10, medium give 30, large give 50 and giant give 100.
    non-stacking.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    just make owning a small house give 10, medium give 30, large give 50 and giant give 100.
    non-stacking.

Exactly. If you upgrade mount it gives you up to 60 inventory slots - the same way housing could give more bank slots.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 24, 2017 12:28PM
  • chriss23
    chriss23
    ✭✭
    I must admit I was disappointed to find that there was no storage in my house. Some other games have chests with a reasonable amount of space and in Skyrim for example, there are display cabinets and mannequins to display your special armour sets and weapons.

Maybe this'll happen?

You can but dream!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Messy1 wrote: »
    Oh, I also like holding on to Holiday items like juggling daggers, mugs of alcohol and other little collectible and storage in housing would be the PERFECT place to stash these
    Yes lots of cool stuff.
    Storage in houses has an major benefit in that its not stored near like inventory or even bank is, you have to enter an instance to access it No you can not access it from the crafting station who is an benefit so you don't deconstruct an set piece you collect.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game (just like Life) is about choices.
    1) Find a reasonable number of gear sets that you want
    2) store a complete set (regardless of trait) on a bank alt
    3) as you get the trait that you desire, decon the piece it replaces
    4) move on...

Seriously - just like giving a computer user a new, bigger hard drive does NOT 'fix' their storage issues.
    Some people are just pack rats. They will fill up all available space and then complain again.

Just follow the above and you won't have any issues.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • iord_stryker
    iord_stryker
    ✭✭✭
    I want to be able to place mannequins and equip spare armour and weapons to it. Kick ass display and additional storage in one. Armoury racks and tables would suit as well
  • peniku8
    peniku8
    ✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    No to hoarding.
    Keep trade healthy.

Yes to: Armordisplay (maybe by using the achievement furnisher and implement an achievement for every set worn?)

You might've forgot that literally the only thing being saved on bank chars are all bound setpieces.
    No matter if it's rare BOP items, used crafted lvl10 gear for leveling or ex-meta items, you don't want to deconstruct them and you can't trade em either, so you need space to store these somewhere.
    I personally have 4 bank chars with 140 inventory slots each and I'm destroying items which I'd like to keep way too often already.
    I like your idea of Armordisplay; Mannequins similar to these in Skyrim housing would be insanely useful, although I'd need an entire army :D
    And pls give us a higher item cap in the houses, I just finished my watchtower outside and can't decorate anything else because of this stupid item cap, in which theres absolutely no point having it.
    Leader of the Akatosh Imperium, Guildmaster of

Traders of the Ebonheart
    Pact Veteran Trade
    Pact Veteran Trade II

Ambassador of the
    Knights of Akatosh

PC EU
    HODOR
    Youtube
    Flawless Conqueror - Ophidian Overlord - Boethia's Scythe, I want an achievement for having 500k dps!
  • ynimma
    ynimma
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love housing and only a few slots of storage in the appropriate furniture pieces could surely add a lot to immersion. Just to store those clotes I'd like to change to when I arrive home: get out of the scratched and dirty armor and put up a shirt and pair of trousers to hang around in my house, meet others...
    So yes, I voted for storage :)
    Even if it's just 2 items in a wardrobe, 1 item in a dresser, it could help a lot!
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you hoarding stuff? Why don't you put the furniture in your house instead of the bank? You don't need to craft the furniture until you have a place to put it. The achievement vendors aren't going anywhere; you don't need to buy that stuff until you have a place to put it. If you're looting a bunch of paintings, use the free inn rooms as storage. Really, you guys make these problems yourselves.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is funny how in eso you can have a table, chest, wardrobe or even a double bed and it takes the same amount of space in your inventory as lets say... a recipe page xD :D
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    What I'd like is if they added storage to houses as a subscription perk, then they could sell the crafting bag in the crown store.

I'm never going to subscribe, so as they keep adding extra mats etc making inventory management more of an issue (I've got enough space with a personal guild bank and alts however using my play time switching characters isn't fun) eventually I'll get to the point where I just go play something else. If they allow me to buy a crafting bag, or more pack/bank space, that gives them money plus I stick around to buy more dlc's / expansions
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like storage but I don't need it NOW. But...it would be nice to have and I wish they'd delayed housing's release to put it in.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In house would be good, but even better would be increase to bank storage.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of all the people who voted "Yes. Housing Storage. NOW!", how many of you are ESO+ subscribers?

To those who aren't: Get it. It has that crafting bag.
    To those who are: Have you not heard of inventory management or are you hiding a dragon in your bank?
  • Borvath
    Borvath
    ✭✭

You need to purchase a mount (a collectible like a house) once to upgrade your inventory, so why not?
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »
    Out of all the people who voted "Yes. Housing Storage. NOW!", how many of you are ESO+ subscribers?

To those who aren't: Get it. It has that crafting bag.
    To those who are: Have you not heard of inventory management or are you hiding a dragon in your bank?

Ah yes, because everyone can afford to pay monthly for an online game that has little to no effect on the real world.

I'm not even much of a hoarder and struggle to keep up my inventory space. Between the bound sets, gold items, and master weapons I am constantly out of room for new gear. And this is me cleaning my bank out regularly!

• Cheetac19
    Cheetac19
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Pack mule characters are the dumbest thing ever. I do not want to waste my character slots on *** pack mules. Not to mention character slots are waay over priced in this game. 1500 for ONE if I'm not mistaken. That's the highest of any game I've seen. I love making and leveling alts. I don't want to continue struggling for character slots because ZOS wants us to use them for pack charrys
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banking space should be unlimited but have a cost. I keep saying this. Bank slots should be unlimited and cost 100 crowns each. Want 10 more bank slots That will be 1000 crowns. Company makes money, players are happy. It's a no brainer. Crafting bag still valuable if you subscribe because your space is unlimited.

Should be able to purchase unlimited slots in game also, but the cost using in game gold should be very high. Maybe 50K per additional slot once you hit the current in game cap.

That's what I think.
    Edited by Giraffon on February 24, 2017 3:23PM
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an alternative solution . . .
    I want housing storage - but for immersion, not he extra storage.

My other solution? Throw some stuff away. Do you really need it all?
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    No to hoarding.
    Keep trade healthy.

So you said no but then said you want storage. The problem is not with items that can be sold (motifs which stack, recipes which stack, unbound gear, etc.), its with all the bound items such as weapons, armor, war items, collectibles, and more. This also assumes that you are a subscriber and don't worry about mats storage. I do feel there needs to be storage, just like you do. "Armordisplay" is armor "stored in your house". Have a "war chest" where you can stock up on siege. Shelves where you can store some collectibles such as those special drinks or event daggers.