Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO membership and crowns

n80fty
n80fty
✭✭
Hi everyone,

Im looking at subscribing to ESO monthly as im on the XB1 and im looking at buying £50 worth of crowns today. Xbox shafts me for crowns, Anybody know where I can get them cheaper at a reasonable price. Also does the membership work on 1 character or over all my characters.

Cheers
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Accountwide
  • n80fty
    n80fty
    ✭✭
    Thanks Gresiac for the membership info

• ThePaulrus94
    ThePaulrus94
    ✭✭✭
    Also as I'm sure you know, you get 1500 crowns per month subscription. Therefore, if you do a 3 month subscription you'll get 4500 crowns right at time of sign-up.

I'm fairly certain that still applies to XB1
    Edited by ThePaulrus94 on February 22, 2017 1:09PM
  • n80fty
    n80fty
    ✭✭
    Also as I'm sure you know, you get 1500 crowns per month subscription. Therefore, if you do a 3 month subscription you'll get 4500 crowns right at time of sign-up.

Thanks Paul. ill look at that.
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Crown Store & ESO Plus
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @n80fty as you're on console they sell crowns as codes on cards.

You can get them cheaper via eBay and other online merchants rather than direct from ZOS or highstreet retailers.

As always however be careful to make sure you're buying from trusted sources, use PayPal if you can for buyer protections.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • n80fty
    n80fty
    ✭✭

Thanks Paul. ill look at that.
    Turelus wrote: »
    @n80fty as you're on console they sell crowns as codes on cards.

You can get them cheaper via eBay and other online merchants rather than direct from ZOS or highstreet retailers.

As always however be careful to make sure you're buying from trusted sources, use PayPal if you can for buyer protections.

Cheers Terelus, looking at it now.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThePaulrus94

It's suppose to grant crowns but most often, we don't get them at all

It has always required a ticket be opened or call Microsoft to have it cancelled and get a refund EVERY MONTH since it was added to the game shortly after release for me and many others.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 22, 2017 1:29PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ThePaulrus94
    ThePaulrus94
    ✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf Wow that sounds incredibly inconvenient. Feel silly for having never heard of that
    Edited by ThePaulrus94 on February 22, 2017 7:08PM
  • n80fty
    n80fty
    ✭✭
    Ok so I just contacted Microsoft for the 3 month subscription. But they said I need to speak to Bethesda for it. Is this correct
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was this thread a few months ago:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3598061#Comment_3598061

So seems like you don't get them first, and then suddenly 20k crowns appear out of nowhere :D
    So glad I'm on PC...
  • n80fty
    n80fty
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3598061#Comment_3598061

So seems like you don't get them first, and then suddenly 20k crowns appear out of nowhere :D
    So glad I'm on PC...

Hi Master Lenman, I hope they don't complain about the free crowns. That would be insane. lol
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThePaulrus94

It has always required a ticket be opened or call Microsoft to have it cancelled and get a refund EVERY MONTH since it was added to the game shortly after release for me and many others.

I was under the impression that they made a change in how it is sold on XBox a few months back and fixed it. Hmm.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThePaulrus94

I was under the impression that they made a change in how it is sold on XBox a few months back and fixed it. Hmm.

@lordrichter

Nope....the only change was reverted. The sku was added to the Xbox store and weeks later removed so for only one month, it worked as it should. Afterwards, it stopped for me and others. From that change, it's also causing some players not only to miss out on crowns, but the benefits as well

It's a bunch of BS. I won't be subscribing anymore after trying to work with them for almost 2 years on this.
    I and others shouldn't have to create a ticket every month and/call Microsoft for a refund and pay again for it to work and wait 24-72 hours for crowns or at worst.....6-9 months for a lump of all missed crowns.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThePaulrus94

@lordrichter

Nope....the only change was reverted. The sku was added to the Xbox store and weeks later removed so for only one month, it worked as it should. Afterwards, it stopped for me and others. From that change, it's also causing some players not only to miss out on crowns, but the benefits as well

It's a bunch of BS. I won't be subscribing anymore after trying to work with them for almost 2 years on this.
    I and others shouldn't have to create a ticket every month and/call Microsoft for a refund and pay again for it to work and wait 24-72 hours for crowns or at worst.....6-9 months for a lump of all missed crowns.

Bummer. It is too bad that Bethesda seems to be unable to get things to work with Microsoft. I blame the XBox side. Sounds like they had the answer and decided not to do it.
  • n80fty
    n80fty
    ✭✭

@ThePaulrus94

@lordrichter

Bummer. It is too bad that Bethesda seems to be unable to get things to work with Microsoft. I blame the XBox side. Sounds like they had the answer and decided not to do it.

ive been on the phone to Microsoft this morning about the membership. They have told me they don't deal with that side of the game,
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    n80fty wrote: »

@ThePaulrus94

@lordrichter

ive been on the phone to Microsoft this morning about the membership. They have told me they don't deal with that side of the game,

@n80fty

Yep they can only assist with cancel and refund billing wise. The crowns and benefits are limited 100% to ZOS

The frustration for me was having to call Microsoft and open a ticket with ZOS....every time

Best of luck and don't let them frustrate you too much
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So glad I'm on PC...

Hi Master Lenman, I hope they don't complain about the free crowns. That would be insane. lol

It's not free crowns.

It's the crowns they paid for as part of their ESO Plus membership being delivered all in one go because it took so many months for ZOS/Microsoft to realise there was a problem and rectify it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThePaulrus94

@lordrichter

This just makes me happier that I did not buy XBox. Of course they say that, but the fact is that you are Microsoft's customer. You purchased ESO Plus from Microsoft, not Bethesda, because Microsoft probably wants a cut of the ESO Plus revenue. My guess is that there would be no problem at all if you could buy XBox ESO Plus directly from Bethesda.

It is unfortunate that they don't have an XBox to PC, or XBox to PS4 migration offer. I think that would solve a lot of problems that people are having.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 22, 2017 4:50PM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im looking at subscribing to ESO monthly as im on the XB1 and im looking at buying £50 worth of crowns today.

I'm not sure about xbox but on pc/mac we're possibly due for a crown pack sale in about a month. During those sales the 5500 packs are typically 30-40% off.

Just letting you know in case seeing them on sale just after you paid full price for them would make you sad.

• n80fty
    n80fty
    ✭✭
    Thanks Nerouyn ill keep an eye out, Though if ESO doesn't sort the lag and chat cutting off ill not be playing it for long and probably cancel morrowind.