The Scalebreaker DLC game pack and Update 23 base-game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

quadrupedal khajiit

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Bit if a debate here. In past lore, it has been said that the quadruped forms of khajiit (senche, senche-raht, alfiq, etc) are sentient and just as intelligent as the biped khajiit we play. However, eso portrays them as nothing more than tamed beasts, only slightly more intelligent than what you'd find in the wild.

I'm unsure if senche/alfiq are supposed to be able to communicate verbally or not, but they certainly aren't just animals. Alfiq have been said to have great potential with magic, even, as far as lore goes.

What do you think on this subject? Personally I'm disappointed in zos's portrayal of our four legged brothers and sisters.
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're totally underutilized. ESO seems to take "Senche" to mean "tiger," and uses them as mobs accordingly. :/

I roleplay that my thief's housecat is an Alfiq, and they're secretly partners in crime. A pity that sort of dynamic isn't used more in-game.
    I am Queen of Typos. If you don't see "Edited by BlackSparrow" above this line, please assume my account has been taken over by scamps and react accordingly.

My Girls:
    "Elsweyr, yay or nay?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "If circumstances try to drive me there, maybe. Right now, it just sounds like a lot of sand in my boots."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "The simple thought of it dries my scales. I ventured into Elsweyr long ago, but I may be getting too old to make the journey again."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "This one looks forward to seeing her home sands again. Perhaps she will make her home village many fish sticks!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "I could do much with a good dragon hide."
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "I see little need to muck about some ancient tomb. Too much work to do elsewhere. No, that was not an intentional pun."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton thief: "Stealing from the Ban Daar is always a fun challenge. Sometimes, they steal their stuff back!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "While I try to stay at Swum-Many-Waters' side, the whispers of an undead threat worry me."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "Perhaps. The lady Mephala spins many webs, and I can see there being benefit in sending me into the path of an undead invasion."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hear there will be dragons. I would be a disappointment to my Nord heritage if I did not try to slay them."
    Madam Argentia, dunmer aristocrat: "I have little desire to waltz across the desert for weeks at a time. It's terrible for the complexion."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'm kinda busy up in Wrothgar, sorry!"
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "The Khajiit usually throw some nice contracts my way. I'm sure Jimila will have something that will take me there."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one is happy to check back on her homeland after grand adventures drew her away! Let the kittens call her -dra instead of -daro now!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "My lady Meridia does detest the undead. I may need to sneak out on my duties on Artaeum to address it."

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I'm not disappointed at all. The continuum from (real) khajiit to senche and alfiq always seemed a kind of a clumsiness of the lore to me.
    I think having cats and tigers belonging to khajiit species, mating with each other and so on, was either too childish or an excessive "weirdness for the purpose of weirdness" (except the interest for roleplaying a Salem-like character from Sabrina the Teenage Witch nostalgia haha)
    Salem_Saberhaguen.jpg

I'm aware this may be a minority opinion among the fans. But it is the actual lore, cf. ESO Loremaster archives
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2015/01/23/loremasters-archive-trail-and-tide

The Khajiit do have several fur "forms" but not to the point of what the fanlore admitted.
    (And if you're not happy with this fact... well, you can still believe it's a lie, to preserve a secret of the race in order to conquer the world silently #illuminati #TinfoilCat)

This does not lowers the fantasy and the interest of the relation between Khajiit and the other feline species. You may still have (in-universe) fictions about senche and alfiq. The thing about "sentience" is a matter of communication and understanding between species. Something that Men or Mer can misinterpret - khajiit is a "beast folk" for them after all. Same for the Argonian, in a way.

What is more important, imo? A "digitigrade" option for the leg models.
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50