Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My Solo, Questless, Skyshard Hunting Templer Kajiit

Mayanpup
Mayanpup
✭✭✭
Howdy;

I started this character as a "change of pace" adventurer and decided on these restrictions:

Find all skyshards. Exceptions would be group dungeons which would depend on how many other players are there.

No quests. The exceptions are where accessing a skyshard requires starting a quest. After I locate the skyshard I abandon the quest.
I will do dolmens and keep the experience points and chest rewards.

Thieving or Combat as I desire or is necessary. NO PVP or Dueling. My main weapon is bow (great for sneak attacks from a distance).

At the start (from my bank) I gave my character 5,000 gold, 100 lock picks and 25 Soul Gems. All else (resources, food, plants, runes, etc) I harvest or purchase from vendors or find in chests (normal and troves) .

I do not interact with the bank except to withdraw/add treasure maps and motifs.

Before any comments on how BORING this is, I am aware of that :)

But it sure is relaxing.

I will update as I finish areas. I am starting with the Ebonheart pact.
  • Angelfire_Arisen
    Interesting.
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not boring at all. Restrictions can actually be fun to try and stick to, and as you said, that can be your character to just relax on.
    I have done similar things in the past but have never really done it to this extent. As said above, it is interesting. The change of pace should be fun.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krist wrote: »
    Not boring at all.
    Agree. Self-imposed restrictions made the previous ES games much more interesting to me. ESO doesn't have the same flexibility to play as you want given the heavy reliance on magic and the need to have decent armour / weapons in so many situations, but I have a couple of things my characters won't do to make things more engaging.

Do let us know how you get on. I'm always keen to know how these things work out :)
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this one will get all the skyshards!
  • Eekshnerf
    Eekshnerf
    ✭✭✭
    On a similar restrictions note - in Skyrim I'd always go to the console and set my carryweight value down to like 30 so I could only carry a realistic amount of gear. I'd also have to choose which loot is the best before heading home. Anyone else do this?
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eekshnerf wrote: »
    On a similar restrictions note - in Skyrim I'd always go to the console and set my carryweight value down to like 30 so I could only carry a realistic amount of gear. I'd also have to choose which loot is the best before heading home. Anyone else do this?

I never set it, but I use to shake my head and tsk tsk at my sons who ALWAYS wanted to play god mode and apparently could carry the whole world of Nirn in their little backpacks. I could never understand the point.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eekshnerf wrote: »
    Anyone else do this?
    Yep :blush:

When I first started playing ESO I wanted so desperately to play a simple alchemist who wanders Tamriel in search of rare ingredients to make potions, salves, poultices and 'strange-smelling, odd-coloured concoctions'. Armed with basic dagger and perhaps a rough stave of some description, I saw myself as a druidic-type character who shunned armour and 'high fantasy' weapons, preferring to rely on old magicks and simple spells. Those restrictions, carried over from earlier ES games, won't work in this game in the way I had hoped they would!
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayanpup wrote: »

This is not boring at all. A lot less boring than grinding mobs or dolmens over and over again. In fact, it is how I leveled my last two characters. See the following, I have posted this in a few threads here:

1. I collected all the Skyshards in the zone. I avoided any and all quests other than those that show up in the delves that have skyshards. These quests do not give set items for rewards so no loss there.
    2. I would farm the dolmens a few times to get set jewelry that helped my character
    3. I would do the Public Dungeons including all the bosses
    4. Then I would move to the next zone.

In doing this, I could fully gear up my character with level appropriate stuff, and it was helpful gear. May not have been the best, but you don't need the best while leveling. Any gear I farmed from Dolmens or PD's is repeatable, so I can get it at CP160 by just repeating. Then, I had all the content quests left for me once I reached CP160 as those can give you sweet Set Drops in good traits you want. And, Quest Experience is huge for gaining CPs once your past CP160. Kind of a waste before that.

In about 8 zones, I would be fully leveled in Mages, Fighters, Class, 3 Armors and Weapon Skills. Leaving only Undaunted to level, although I would get to almost 3 in that from Dungeon Achievements.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not boring at all! If I remember correctly someone had their character be passive and no combat at all and got to lvl 50.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love that Idea about a khajiit going on a skyshard hunt !!
    Wow that Pacifist PlayStyle is inspiring !!!
    And I love Nestors input how to play !
    Edited by WiseSky on February 20, 2020 10:16AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayanpup wrote: »
    Howdy;

I started this character as a "change of pace" adventurer and decided on these restrictions:

Find all skyshards. Exceptions would be group dungeons which would depend on how many other players are there.

No quests. The exceptions are where accessing a skyshard requires starting a quest. After I locate the skyshard I abandon the quest.
    I will do dolmens and keep the experience points and chest rewards.

Thieving or Combat as I desire or is necessary. NO PVP or Dueling. My main weapon is bow (great for sneak attacks from a distance).

At the start (from my bank) I gave my character 5,000 gold, 100 lock picks and 25 Soul Gems. All else (resources, food, plants, runes, etc) I harvest or purchase from vendors or find in chests (normal and troves) .

I do not interact with the bank except to withdraw/add treasure maps and motifs.

But it sure is relaxing.

I will update as I finish areas. I am starting with the Ebonheart pact.

Except for putting in the bank items I deem will turn useful in the future, this is exactly what I do since months, and I've levelled 6 toons to 50lvl. Not always I use bow as my main weapon. Sometimes I find DW more useful (with stams, OFC).
    As I prefer to be in the DC, the only quests I do regularly are those in Stros and Bethnik, at the start.

A question: the only quest I remember as mandatory for a shard is in West Bleakrock (you have to get a disguise to enter a mine). Are there others?