The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Little Help with my Stam Nb

Arantesovelha
Arantesovelha
✭✭✭
Hello guys, how are you?
So, I'm play eso for a while now, but i never put so much attention in pvp until now..
My char is a redguard stam Nb CP300 and a need a little help with my pvp build.

So, my question is: I really wanna keep my play style, wich is a sneak based character with DW/Bow and full medium armor, but i don't know if this is viable in pvp. I don't wanna be a "one-man-army" or anything like that, but I really wanna a good character to have some fun in pvp (I'm really a casual player)
Currently, I play with this set:
5 night silence
4 Ashen Grip
3 Night Terror

I read some guides, but none of them respond my question, so, here I am guys :)

Really thanks for the attention
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Some beast very fun sets I use are 5 black rose, 5 bone pirate tatters, I then use maelstrom weapons but you could maybe have 2 swords of bone pirate with a 2 piece monster set. You get to run a drink with this set up. I use magicka and stamina recovery drink and that gives you enough magicka to stealth whenever you need it and black rose helps your magicka sustain too. When a couple people are on you, you'll always have magicka to fear then cloak off. Very fun.
    Edited by ArgonianAustin on January 31, 2017 10:04PM
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • Arantesovelha
    Arantesovelha
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that man, I will see that set

And you talk about skills, I really forgot them haha...

I need a little help with skills too, because I only play pve...

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to pvp! We hope you have a great...irk...nightblade ambush stab in back...arck! [falls over dead, DC player earns 1933 AP]

Ha...anyway. Pvp is fun as a stamblade, I've done 95% of my pvp with my khajit stamblade. There are some things to consider that I think will help you out:

- you probably want to invest in a second armor setup...or at least several pieces of it...for pvp, depending on your play style. There's several reasons. One is that your Night Terror sneak radius buff is awesome in pve...but kinda sucky in pvp. Players will either see you in that two meters or they won't, I don't think that set buff helps much. But most important...

-...impenetrable armor traits are VERY helpful for a stamblade. Right now many of the best pvp-ers are running 5-7 impen pieces. A couple of updates ago, the changes made it so my stamblade was getting hit with 2-3 attacks in a second, each doing 8k damage. You can't survive that. Bringing impen pieces into my rotation dropped these hits to 2k. I can react and fight back/flee with 6k damage...24k was a free trip to the morgue, lol.

- I ran night silence my whole first year of pvp. Others won't have it in their builds. Some day when you're a pvp expert you might swap for something else, but the speed will save your butt many, many, many times until then.

- Alcast and sypher have great builds. Their sites are a good reference point, especially after updates.

- speaking of updates, next week in pvp sets can't proc crit damage, but AOEs will do more. I think this will help stamblades because those sets like vipers sting were adding a TON of crit damage.

- dual wield and bow is quite viable. Because your redguard passive helps you w melee attacks, you should definitely focus on the dual as your attack bar. Surprise attack is a must. Ambush is a must. You have some flexibility with other abilities. Definitely consider the sustain you get from the dual wield abilities like slashes or flurry. These become more powerful in pvp than they are in pve, imo.

- the bow retreat bar works great. I put my cloak here. Grim focus is great. In pvp I kinda have two bow bar setups in my head...one for open terrain, then one for keep defense. If I get into a defense game, I flip out some of my defensive abilities and bring in focused aim, magelight and siege shield. (See their passives for why). I get a lot of AP by being a long range super sniper in keeps. Then when it's over, I flip back to my standard setup.

- you need vigor if you don't have it. It will change your toon's life. If you don't have it, it's about 85,000 total AP to open assault 5. Focus on big keep defenses...do the resource capture and other repeatables (worth more with next weeks update)...repair walls. In 4-5 sessions you'll unlock it and all of a sudden you have a burst heal.

- a big question on this build is where you're going to get major brutality from. You need the 20% extra power. Potion popping? Shrouded daggers?

- will you be mostly pvp-ing with this toon for a while? If you said you were going to spend 70%+ of your play time in pvp, and NOT run much veteran pve content, I might recommend changing your CPs to push 30 or more into resistant to reduce that crit damage. This can help with the squishiness. You'll still be fine for 95% of the pve content...it won't handicap you much to allocate some for this while learning pvp.

- otherwise for CPs, you should make sure these are spent well. What other, better p,auers have thought me is that piling them into the best categories beats spreading them around. As a general rule, a stamblade should focus on:

Reds: other than maybe some in resistance, pile everything else evenly in hardy and elemental defender. This reduces incoming physical and magic damage. There is no better investment for a NB. When I piled my points here I became twice as survivable.

Greens: pile into stam cost reduction and stam recovery. Cost reduction is better...on a stamblade the fight is short, or your dead.

Blues: pile into mighty and the crit damage one next to it. All the way to C600 you're probably going to stay in this tree. Make the toon a killer.

Let me know if you have questions/comments. Use @me and I'll see the post flagged for me. Have fun, kill often, never stop to bury the dead.
  • Arantesovelha
    Arantesovelha
    ✭✭✭
    Hey man, really thanks for the post.
    It's really a help for me, a lot of good information :)

In fact, i already changed my set/skill to use in pvp zone

My set is all medium : 5 hundings rage, 4 night silence and 3 agility
    My skill : Dw( ambush, surprise attack, shadowy disguise, Shrouded daggers , Camouflaged Hunter and Dawnbreaker of Smiting as ultimate) and bow ( Mass Hysteria, focused aim, arrow barrage, vigor,Relentless Focus and Incapacitating Strike as ultimate)

I really like my dw skill bar, but I need to improve de bow bar (i don't know if arrow barrage, Relentless focus and Incapacitating strikes are my best options, and i really need to use more of mass hysteria.)

In fact, my major enemy in Cyrodiil is the lag and the crashs lol

Thanks for the help again :)
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    @Arantesovelha On you bow bar, Mass Hysteria and Incapacitating Strike are too short range. I suggest putting incap strike on your dual wield bar instead- and maybe mass hysteria as well. This way you can fear close range to make sure opponents don't block your incap strike/surprise attack.
    Edited by worsttankever on February 8, 2017 4:10PM
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How are you getting major brutality
    Smiff
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    @Arantesovelha PS camouflaged hunter and relentless focus give the same bonus (minor berserk).

@joe.smith21b14_ESO I'm guessing shrouded dagger.
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You said you were sneak based, so I guess you could check out ganking
  • Arantesovelha
    Arantesovelha
    ✭✭✭
    @worsttankever So, I use Mass Hysteria most for run or get some space, because of that is in my bow bar.
    About incapacitantig strike, is just there because i don't know a good ultimate to put on my bow's bar
    And about the R. Focus besides the minor berseker this skill give me Minor Endurance... but do you have any suggestion to exchange? Thanks for the answer by the way dude :)

@joe.smith21b14_ESO
    With shrouded dagger :)

• Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    @worsttankever So, I use Mass Hysteria most for run or get some space, because of that is in my bow bar.
    About incapacitantig strike, is just there because i don't know a good ultimate to put on my bow's bar
    And about the R. Focus besides the minor berseker this skill give me Minor Endurance... but do you have any suggestion to exchange? Thanks for the answer by the way dude :)

@joe.smith21b14_ESO
    With shrouded dagger :)

Run with mass hysteria on your main bar. It's less for getting away as it is for guaranteeing you can get a combo in without them blocking. Incap strike is still BIS for stamblade I believe, even with increased cost, it'ss still very powerful single target burst.
  • Kajin
    Kajin
    I'm currently running a very fun setup without proc sets and still very strong.

5 eternal hunt, molag kena (shoulders) , 2 leki ( weapons and head) and agility set.

Try running shadow image, it's a good skills in pvp and very fun to use.

I found a similar buildvideo from a skilled player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlQUJIqp8JA

Just replace two handed with dual wield, replace rally with shrouded dagger and execute with skill you like, for example relentless focus, Killers blade or extra duals skill.

I would still recomment two handed just for rally.
    Edited by Kajin on February 9, 2017 1:59PM
  • Arantesovelha
    Arantesovelha
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, i will test the two suggestions

And about the (polemical) procs sets? Viper + selene + anything else seems OP as hell lol