The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When are we going to finally get an improvement to guild stores?

Twohothardware
Twohothardware
✭✭✭✭✭
Guild Stores as a whole need to be redone because the interface on console is terrible and personally I agree with many others in that Guild Stores need to be completely replaced with a main Auction House at the capital for each alliance to greatly simplify the whole process of buying and selling. But for now can we expect anything soon to simplify searches in the existing Guild Store interface? Like a search box or a way to define search to a specific Set?
Edited by Twohothardware on February 5, 2017 9:11PM
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please, ZOS, do it at least for the new chapter!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One workaround is to join decent trading guilds, your searches save as you switch guilds making searches easy. Agreed it might be nice if your search saved between guild traders, but really it only saves seconds.

I, for one, would hate to see an Auction House in the game. If you work with the current system you can do all you need, and it has multiple advantages over a AH.AH would be very bland.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an Auction House would do is create a centralized market so that you have a much larger selection of items to buy eliminating the need every time of traveling all over Tamriel hunting for a guild trader that has what you want. It also balances out pricing of items so that players that don't know any better aren't getting ripped off while at the same time presenting your items as a seller to a much larger audience helping those items to sell faster and for the rare items sell for a lot more than you would get normally.

And the problem with searching in current guild traders isn't the selection but the sheer number of items you have to look through that you have no interest in just to get to a specific Set you are. That Set may not even be available for sale in the trader and you'd have to look through pages and pages of every item in that category just to see.
  • Zigzag
    Zigzag
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed! The auction system sucks. So far this is the WORST auction I have ever seen in MMORPG. I'm sick and tired of running around Tamriel looking for vender with stuff I need!
    I am sure that 99% of active players would say the same thing.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome guilds addon is great for speeding up searches. But doesnt change the fact that you may have to visit every trader in tamriel for some things.
  • Gruntz_II
    Gruntz_II
    ✭✭✭
    At least you're able to search through add ons on PC, a luxury consoles may never have. I like the mass of different traders though. It allows for huge profits through the buy/sell method. Given you have access to prime traders
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by techprince on February 6, 2017 2:14PM
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Awesome guilds addon is great for speeding up searches. But doesnt change the fact that you may have to visit every trader in tamriel for some things.

If it weren't for this add-on, I would have already performed the black sacrament on myself. Now, the hour and a half grind porting to every kiosk..."Oh Sitihis, dread father, welcome me into the void..."
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Zigzag
    Zigzag
    Soul Shriven
    Gruntz_II wrote: »
    I like the mass of different traders though. It allows for huge profits through the buy/sell method.

Lol. Especially for those guilds whose guild trade is located in the middle of NOwhere :D

• Gruntz_II
    Gruntz_II
    ✭✭✭
    techprince wrote: »
    If only it worked for Xbox...