Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Master Crafting Writs

• silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valorin wrote: »
    I learned today, that

"Craft-Gear-Build"

is used as a description for ineffective and inferior gear. Tells us a lot about the standing of crafting in the game at the moment.

I was under the impression that TBS is still pretty useful for PvE content. And Clever Alchemist is pretty popular for some PvP gank builds. Is that not the case anymore? I'm sure I'm missing some sets too.
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBS is no longer close to best in slot for any class, and due to Clever Alchemist being broken (the 5 parts set bonus not working if you switch, despite the display saying it does...) it's not really a choice call either.

Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    manavortex wrote: »
    TBS is no longer close to best in slot for any class, and due to Clever Alchemist being broken (the 5 parts set bonus not working if you switch, despite the display saying it does...) it's not really a choice call either.

This is the first I've heard about clever alchemist being broken !

Edited by worsttankever on February 6, 2017 6:38AM
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy master writ broken...

creating the Escapists Poison lX doesn't doesn't register or advance the quest.

Please can someone confirm this is bugged ?
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today I got my first master crafting writ, while finishing with my all max crafting character. I found one master crafting writ. Which I think is okay or I was lucky. I needed to craft 8 ambrosia and got 10 writ vouchers.. this is really really out of scale. I mean 8 ambrosia means 2 perfect roe.. but only 10 vouchers for this!??!
    Really unbalanced.
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy master writ broken...

creating the Escapists Poison lX doesn't doesn't register or advance the quest. Please can someone confirm this is bugged ?
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭

lientier wrote: »
    Today I got my first master crafting writ, while finishing with my all max crafting character. I found one master crafting writ. Which I think is okay or I was lucky. I needed to craft 8 ambrosia and got 10 writ vouchers.. this is really really out of scale. I mean 8 ambrosia means 2 perfect roe.. but only 10 vouchers for this!??!
    Really unbalanced.

it's rubbish return rate and needs adjustment. can you keep hold of the writs to use for another day?
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have one maxed-out-Vet, 9-Trait Crafter with all passives in all 6 crafts - except for the Hireling and the reduced research time passives, which are no longer needed.
    • The Crafter had gained all the Crafting Achievements, prior to update 13.
    • She has learnt all the Motifs - bar 4 which are still incomplete and of course those added with this update.

@ZOS_GinaBruno wrote:

"The frequency of Master Writ invites from standard Writ boxes is based on the overall associated tradeskill mastery possessed by the character."

"This includes research, Motif knowledge, and achievement completion."

In two days of completing all 6 craft-writs (therefore 12 total) she has not collected a single Master Writ. Sorry to say it Gina; that does not equate with what you are telling us above.

As a sideline, I will mention here that the find rate of actual Furniture Design Patterns is also ptetty abysmal. I have found none to date, despite extensive questing, dungeon harvesting and overland harvesting.

I encountered the same problem on the PTS and realised then, that there was no point in buying Daggerfall Overlook, if I could not obtain the crafting reward objects that I really wanted (mainly the training dummy) and if I could not craft the top-notch furniture that I would like to place inside the home. What would be the point?

HOMESTEAD was heralded as 'end-of-game content' for Crafters but in my opinion, it is not panning out that way so far.
    Dungeons and Trials have their graded and guaranteed drop rates but there is nothing eqivalent for Crafters

Please, please @ZOS_GinaBruno , get someone in the design team to take a serious look at these problems and to come up with some rational solutions.

I always expected Homestead to be a difficult and long-term project but I did expect to make some progress.

On behalf of a very sad and disappointed Master Crafter,

Tai-Chi - who remains optimistic as ever. o:)
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »
    I have one maxed-out-Vet, 9-Trait Crafter with all passives in all 6 crafts - except for the Hireling and the reduced research time passives, which are no longer needed.
    • The Crafter had gained all the Crafting Achievements, prior to update 13.
    • She has learnt all the Motifs - bar 4 which are still incomplete and of course those added with this update.

@ZOS_GinaBruno wrote:

"The frequency of Master Writ invites from standard Writ boxes is based on the overall associated tradeskill mastery possessed by the character."

"This includes research, Motif knowledge, and achievement completion."

In two days of completing all 6 craft-writs (therefore 12 total) she has not collected a single Master Writ. Sorry to say it Gina; that does not equate with what you are telling us above.

As a sideline, I will mention here that the find rate of actual Furniture Design Patterns is also ptetty abysmal. I have found none to date, despite extensive questing, dungeon harvesting and overland harvesting.

I encountered the same problem on the PTS and realised then, that there was no point in buying Daggerfall Overlook, if I could not obtain the crafting reward objects that I really wanted (mainly the training dummy) and if I could not craft the top-notch furniture that I would like to place inside the home. What would be the point?

HOMESTEAD was heralded as 'end-of-game content' for Crafters but in my opinion, it is not panning out that way so far.
    Dungeons and Trials have their graded and guaranteed drop rates but there is nothing eqivalent for Crafters

Please, please @ZOS_GinaBruno , get someone in the design team to take a serious look at these problems and to come up with some rational solutions.

I always expected Homestead to be a difficult and long-term project but I did expect to make some progress.

On behalf of a very sad and disappointed Master Crafter,

Tai-Chi - who remains optimistic as ever. o:)

as a xb1 eu full crafter with everything known I am now fearing the worst from reading the feedback here.
    all that hard work for low returns isn't fair.
  • CREEP
    CREEP
    ✭✭
    This is exactly what I am afraid of. Xbox One NA server player here. My main has all traits learned on everything, all motifs currently released learned, every crafted based achievement completed. I don't expect to get a master crafting writ every single day for every single type. But for the dedication and high completion I am at, I would expect at least one every 2-3 days, barring terrible RNG.
    This is the official feedback thread for Master Crafting Writs. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you receive any Master Crafting Writs from the regular Crafting Writs?
    • Was it easy to understand exactly what you were crafting?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

This is the official forum posted by a ZOS employee for feedback. Most of the feedback about the writ rewards clearly state that they are truly not up to par with the in-game gold cost to make. Suggestions have been made, some good, some bad. What bothers me is not a single comment, acknowledgement, or change in regards to what feedback has been posted here. The most significant change in fact, was to reduce the chance of getting the legendary writs. This is not listening to feedback! Why have an official forum post on a topic if you are not going to accept the constructive criticisms? Sorry to go on a rant....
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭

this is very weird. I assume you tried farming them with killing mobs and harvesting plants, and questing as I read it?
    Because those are nearly all the wrong ways to find patterns.. otherwise your are very very very unlucky.
    As stated in the patch notes the patterns are found like provisioning recipes.. which is in certain containers (urns (all types), backpacks, dressers, cupboards, chests, desks and night tables) mostly.. which I went on a stealing trip in AD with lots of urns in all Bosmer houses and to some Nord ruins which are full of urns and found like 6-9 or maybe more in an hour or maybe 2 yesterday evening.. ? Even a purple one.
    I also found one killing an NPC, which is also stated in the patch notes.
    Ways that are in the patch notes but didnt find anythin yet are: treasure chests from a treasure map (opened 6 I think yesterday), killings mobs (because I think like treasure maps from mobs the rate will probably be poor in comparision to containers, why would mobs run around with furniture designs anyway).
    I do think the rates are okay and very comparable to provisioning recipes and blue/purple style motifs.
    So I really need to assume you looked at the wrong place for blueprints.. or you are an extremely unlucky person.
    I will try my luck again today for a master crafting writ.
    Edited by lientier on February 8, 2017 4:10PM
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »

this is very weird. I assume you tried farming them with killing mobs and harvesting plants, and questing as I read it?
    Because those are nearly all the wrong ways to find patterns.. otherwise your are very very very unlucky.
    As stated in the patch notes the patterns are found like provisioning recipes.. which is in certain containers (urns (all types), backpacks, dressers, cupboards, chests, desks and night tables) mostly.. which I went on a stealing trip in AD with lots of urns in all Bosmer houses and to some Nord ruins which are full of urns and found like 6-9 or maybe more in an hour or maybe 2 yesterday evening.. ? Even a purple one.
    I also found one killing an NPC, which is also stated in the patch notes.
    Ways that are in the patch notes but didnt find anythin yet are: treasure chests from a treasure map (opened 6 I think yesterday), killings mobs (because I think like treasure maps from mobs the rate will probably be poor in comparision to containers, why would mobs run around with furniture designs anyway).
    I do think the rates are okay and very comparable to provisioning recipes and blue/purple style motifs.
    So I really need to assume you looked at the wrong place for blueprints.. or you are an extremely unlucky person.
    I will try my luck again today for a master crafting writ.

Thank-you Lientier for this reply and for the one on my wall.

Perhaps I did not express mysel very well in the previous comments.

Where I say "actual Furniture Design Patterns", I meant Tables, Beds, Bookcases, Wardrobes, Sofas and the such-like and not the tatt and low-level stuff that we are getting in containers. My Chars pick up a reasonable amount of these too - which they pass on to my Master Crafter.

All my Chars are avid collectors and harvesters. They go out of their way to make sure no urn, chest or container is left unturned and with my third V-Char, well on her way to completing Cadwell's Gold, they know many of the lucrative places for harvesting. Never-the-less I shall seek out the haunts that you mention as well.

I have been an ESO+ 180 day subscriber for 2 years and so I am in a fortunate position to buy all 3 Manors (unfurnished) through a combination of Gold and saved Crowns but I have not bought any of the Manors as yet. Instead I have bought a medium home with garden, Domus Phrasticus in Elinhir, Craglorn for c 400K gold. It is not my Master Crafters ideal home but her more adventure-loving family love it - even though there is no furniture inside - only 'Achievement tied' tapestries and an Epic quality Redguard rug that my Master Crafter found and made, earlier today.

If and when I do buy one of the Manors, my Master Crafter would like to be in a position to be able to furnish it with mainly Legendary and Epic furnishings. As a Master Crafter, she wants it to be furnished with pieces that are of a high enough level of craftmanship to be reflective of her Mastery and skill. Her home will be the cumulative showcase for all her painstaking labour and efforts. It cannot fall below these high standards of perfection that my Master Crafter sets for herself - even down to the last carrot, the plates on the table and solid gold encrusted butcher's knife! The furniture, furnishings, fixtures and fittings - for a castle like Daggerfall Overlook - have to do it justice.

Having said the above, I am not knocking the Green-level patterns at all. They are very essential to Apprentice Crafters whom are starting out in their trade. Money and resources are scarce, so a balance and compromise has to be drawn between what they would like and what is essential and what is a necessity. The Green and White furnishings will look charming, appropriate - and not too ostentatious - in an appartment or even a small home with garden.

My Master Crafter would have been in second heaven if these opportunities had been open to her at the start of her career. Instead, she was sleeping rough where ever she fell - after a hard day's graft - be that a cave, a spot on the beach or under the table in some seedy tavern.

There is a guaranteed drop of a trophy bust for those completing trials on VHM and a decresing drop for VM and NM. My Master Crafter would like something on par with that. o:)
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    ah. I was very confused by your comment. :) I have only found one purple furniture recipe (which is a box unfortunately) and turned in the 10 wirt vouchers for a random purple recipe, which is also something uninteresting. But I guess the drop rates are comparable to purple style books.. so not that common. Just think about how much time it cost to find all the purple and blue provisioning recipes... ;)
    once you know it you will know them forever and it will be boring again ;)
    look at it like this. We are at an advantage as a master crafter already.. but this is a new challenge, whereas we would have got bored with crafting (which I was to be frank)
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still trying to get my first master crafting writ. They seem like they are super rare and the only way I found out how you actually get them is by going to 3rd party sources and assuming those are accurate then on rare occasions you will get a master crafting write in the rewards when you do a regular writ.
  • Shoegarshack
    Shoegarshack
    ✭✭
    Hoping someone can help me out. I had a very expensive master writ to do on a toon... I logged in to my main and crafted the set piece in gold wasting 8 dreugh wax. I hoped that I could send to a toon to complete the writ... no luck. My toon does not have the style recipe required for it.

Now I am wondering what happens if I abandon the writ quest on my toon? Does the writ go back into an item in your inventory or does it get destroyed? I am hoping to abandon and put the writ in the bank for my main obviously...

Thank you in advance.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping someone can help me out. I had a very expensive master writ to do on a toon... I logged in to my main and crafted the set piece in gold wasting 8 dreugh wax. I hoped that I could send to a toon to complete the writ... no luck. My toon does not have the style recipe required for it.

Now I am wondering what happens if I abandon the writ quest on my toon? Does the writ go back into an item in your inventory or does it get destroyed? I am hoping to abandon and put the writ in the bank for my main obviously...

Thank you in advance.
    or
    I think it is just logged as a quest so if you learn the style you should be ok. you just won't be able to do another until that is completed