The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Change magelight to pull you out of cloak

• Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if I told you there's an ability in the game which halves damage from stealth attacks and outright prevents the stun?

I think you're familiar with it.

Lies, there is no such thing!!

I just love it when people say that they have no issues with cloak in all ganking/nb discussions

Only because it's that buggy and ez to counter :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am TOTALLY DOWN for a FG mirrored passive like mages guild. I run camo hunter and magelight, kinda reduntant, but it would be BADA $$ if i could use camo hunter only and free j
    Up a spot!! Good suggestion!
  • MrBrandon
    MrBrandon
    ✭✭✭
    So many cry babies.
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    20% less damage on ganks. Simple QoL change for PvP

btw: my main for pvp is a stamblade.

no.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    Xerton wrote: »
    So what exactly is wrong with ganking?
    Should we all go zerg? No thx

You act like the only other thing to do is zerg. But that's a cop out. Gankers are killing small group. Taking away magelight empower from stamblades is totally reasonable, however they accomplish it. It's just a bad gameplay experience to be killed instantly by someone out of stealth. You can come up with some "l2p" bs, and maybe you're right -- that's why we have so many heavy armor tanks running around cyrodiil these days. People got tired of dying to some jerk ganker who was just trying to get free kills without having a fight, so they made tanks. Now the gankers are crying about needed more dps. Here's an idea. Learn how to fight people without needed the advantage of jumping them from stealth. That's a really cancerous way to play the game.

why do we have to learn to not engage from stealth???? Why dont you learn to counter stealth play? Why dont you learn to fight against a player that engages from stealth?

There is no counter play, you just take a massive burst out of nowhere. Then you have to try and recover, and then try to put on pressure. But you can't do that either cause the #%@ is cloaking away cause he didn't get a free kill. Should be much much much more counterplay to stealth. Radiant magelight is a joke. 12m radius for a 3s de-stealth. I keep it on my bar for the crit, but it's nigh useless for actually finding someone hidden. It was much better when it was a toggle. As long as you could stay near someone trying to stealth, you could find them. Now you have to spam the damn thing, which means you can't do anything else (like deal with getting out spammed roots from eternal hunt).
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on February 4, 2017 2:31PM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You act like the only other thing to do is zerg. But that's a cop out. Gankers are killing small group. Taking away magelight empower from stamblades is totally reasonable, however they accomplish it. It's just a bad gameplay experience to be killed instantly by someone out of stealth. You can come up with some "l2p" bs, and maybe you're right -- that's why we have so many heavy armor tanks running around cyrodiil these days. People got tired of dying to some jerk ganker who was just trying to get free kills without having a fight, so they made tanks. Now the gankers are crying about needed more dps. Here's an idea. Learn how to fight people without needed the advantage of jumping them from stealth. That's a really cancerous way to play the game.

why do we have to learn to not engage from stealth???? Why dont you learn to counter stealth play? Why dont you learn to fight against a player that engages from stealth?

There is no counter play, you just take a massive burst out of nowhere. Then you have to try and recover, and then try to put on pressure. But you can't do that either cause the #%@ is cloaking away cause he didn't get a free kill. Should be much much much more counterplay to stealth. Radiant magelight is a joke. 12m radius for a 3s de-stealth. I keep it on my bar for the crit, but it's nigh useless for actually finding someone hidden. It was much better when it was a toggle. As long as you could stay near someone trying to stealth, you could find them. Now you have to spam the damn thing, which means you can't do anything else (like deal with getting out spammed roots from eternal hunt).

Sorry you have trouble using radiant. I do fine. Gap close/radiant. Plus reduction by 50% of stealth attacks. There are detect pots and manyany abilities in game to counter cloak. Heck I usually run detect pots with immovable on them just to counter that sort of gameplay. Also, don't run around where people will likely be stealth ed without buffs and shields up. Listen for combat ques that start before you get git. Listen for snipe animation or the animation coming from magelight when they use it from stealth etc.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you call "ganking".... I call.... "being the only person to finally kill the tank the 10 of you have been struggling with for the last 5 minutes"

The funny thing is that 8 or 9 of those 10 are healing the tank with ranged magicka. When I've finally convinced them to stop, the tank drops in about 6 secs.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry you have trouble using radiant. I do fine. Gap close/radiant. Plus reduction by 50% of stealth attacks. There are detect pots and manyany abilities in game to counter cloak. Heck I usually run detect pots with immovable on them just to counter that sort of gameplay. Also, don't run around where people will likely be stealth ed without buffs and shields up. Listen for combat ques that start before you get git. Listen for snipe animation or the animation coming from magelight when they use it from stealth etc.

You say stealth attacks but it's only 1 attack. After the 1 attack, they are no longer in stealth. So it reduces the heavy attack, or whatever the opener is. Even though the entire combo is going to happen to you instantly. Detect pots do not reveal people in cloak, they only increase your stealth detection radius. Shields were nerfed to last only 6s so suggesting 100% shield uptime is a silly as suggesting you move around cyro holding block. Miat's was a reasonable warning, but it's getting patched tuesday, meaning back to free kills for scumbags.

Magelight is still a joke, it ought to be made into a toggle again. It at least ought to give you all the passive benefits as active benefit as well. So if you have it on one bar, pop it, then switch bars, you retain the passive benefits for 6s it's active. Seems silly to pop magelight, bar swap briefly, then get the "slam stun" because some guy 40m away was crouched when he shot a light attack at you, but it has happened to me. I mean when the big blue ball is literally circling you, all the benefits should be active. Slam stun should just go anyway; getting the jump on someone is enough of an advantage.

For a while Magelight didn't proc Might of the Guild at all. The way it's being used now, I would rather go back to that. There's Entropy if you want the empower. You could still get it from stealth with Equilibrium, which seems balanced to me given there's a drawback.
    Baconlad wrote: »
    I am TOTALLY DOWN for a FG mirrored passive like mages guild. I run camo hunter and magelight, kinda reduntant, but it would be BADA $$ if i could use camo hunter only and free j

Sure if Shooting Star gives 5% passive damage with magic attacks and Persuasive Will has 20% cost reduction and Fire Rune gives Minor Force?
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on February 5, 2017 12:49PM
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think magelight should work much like the infernal guardian set (which shouldn't work like that :wink:): When you cast it, magelight should put a brilliant light - including a path to follow - on the next person in hide around you in a 28m radius. (BTW: this is also how revealing flare should work, which is a total waste of magica in its current state.)

Right now the "prevent hiding skill" is hilarious. It only works in very, very close distance (5 meters or less) - and for laughable 3 seconds. Every half-way decent nightblade will dodgeroll two times, cloak and laugh at that.

Concerning the empowered buff, people mess things up a bit in this discussion. It's not magelight granting you empower, it's the mage guild passive. It sounds logical that "might of the guild" should be restricted to magica skills.

• bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You say stealth attacks but it's only 1 attack. After the 1 attack, they are no longer in stealth. So it reduces the heavy attack, or whatever the opener is. Even though the entire combo is going to happen to you instantly. Detect pots do not reveal people in cloak, they only increase your stealth detection radius. Shields were nerfed to last only 6s so suggesting 100% shield uptime is a silly as suggesting you move around cyro holding block. Miat's was a reasonable warning, but it's getting patched tuesday, meaning back to free kills for scumbags.

Magelight is still a joke, it ought to be made into a toggle again. It at least ought to give you all the passive benefits as active benefit as well. So if you have it on one bar, pop it, then switch bars, you retain the passive benefits for 6s it's active. Seems silly to pop magelight, bar swap briefly, then get the "slam stun" because some guy 40m away was crouched when he shot a light attack at you, but it has happened to me. I mean when the big blue ball is literally circling you, all the benefits should be active. Slam stun should just go anyway; getting the jump on someone is enough of an advantage.

For a while Magelight didn't proc Might of the Guild at all. The way it's being used now, I would rather go back to that. There's Entropy if you want the empower. You could still get it from stealth with Equilibrium, which seems balanced to me given there's a drawback.
    Baconlad wrote: »

Sure if Shooting Star gives 5% passive damage with magic attacks and Persuasive Will has 20% cost reduction and Fire Rune gives Minor Force?

Detect pots do reveal people in cloak. What are you talking about? I literally use unstoppable detect pots as my counter to cloak every single day on just about every build. Sometimes I use gap closer radiant spam while weaving in some attacks. Other times I use gap closer aoe spam. Etc. Cause I know how to counter play rather then ask for nerfs on something I don't know how to play against.

Sorry but I use mag light just fine. Sorry you find it to be a joke. I also like the non toggle. Also, the passive benefits are what make it good. Turning them into active would kill the skill. Having to pop magelught for mag an crit etc. That is crazy. However, if your saying they would still be passive, but become active on your other bar when used, I like that.

Miats is/was trash. Any player relying on it is crazy. I don't care what zenith stated. It was cheating. Dodge roll an attack just because a program told you to. Basically the definition of cheating but whatever it is over for now.

You don't have to run around with 100% up time. But you can throw one up once in awhile in heavy gank areas. Plus, there are so many audio ques that warn you before you are hit that you can use to know when to shield up. But you can still run around with buffs up. Maybe your armor buff, dodge chance, longer hot, etc. Figure out what works for your build and use it. It is a rare occasion that a ganker gets me. Why? Cause of audio ques, situational awareness, keeping buffs up, and being ready.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make magelight remove stealth from the user: Yes.
    Make magelight drop the empower: No.
    Make magelight drop cloak: No.

where i put the No's, only magicka builds would suffer, where as removing stealth thats non-magic based would only help reduce the powercreep of gankers.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry no.
    You can already hear people use radiant magelight while stealthed. It's a loud obvious sound that nothing else in game shares. In fact you can hear everything from movement to Rally, etc. Pay attention. Moreover if you slotted the ability in the first place you would worry about gankers.

For crying out loud, ZOS has bent over backwards nerfing and dumbing down stealth play to make it easier for casual pvpers yet you keep showing up with your hands out asking for more. This is pathetic.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    What if I told you there's an ability in the game which halves damage from stealth attacks and outright prevents the stun?

I think you're familiar with it.

Lies, there is no such thing!!

I just love it when people say that they have no issues with cloak in all ganking/nb discussions

Only because it's that buggy and ez to counter :trollface:

What if I told everyone that the mage light morph is necessary for any high end PVE content, and respeccing two or three times a day just to survive a gank is stupid?

That, and novody should have to give up 20% of my bar space just to survive a terrible game mechanic.

blur wrote: »
    Sorry no.
    You can already hear people use radiant magelight while stealthed. It's a loud obvious sound that nothing else in game shares. In fact you can hear everything from movement to Rally, etc. Pay attention. Moreover if you slotted the ability in the first place you would worry about gankers.

For crying out loud, ZOS has bent over backwards nerfing and dumbing down stealth play to make it easier for casual pvpers yet you keep showing up with your hands out asking for more. This is pathetic.

I often miss the tiny little noises in the game. If loud music isn't playing, I'm usually in team speak with friends. You guys have those right? It makes an MMO worth playing.
    Edited by Minalan on February 5, 2017 4:32PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you cast magelight, it should pull you [the magelight caster] out of cloak and sneak.
    so everyone can see you are using magelight.

just to be clear,
    anyone who casts magelight should Not be able to sneak or cloak while casting it and using it.

Edited by Gilvoth on February 5, 2017 4:54PM
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

I often miss the tiny little noises in the game. If loud music isn't playing, I'm usually in team speak with friends. You guys have those right? It makes an MMO worth playing.

Really? LMAO!
    The noises in the game are part of the mechanics of the game. Ignore them if you choose. But if you do, don't complain that there's no counterplay to stealth.
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »

Really? LMAO!
    The noises in the game are part of the mechanics of the game. Ignore them if you choose. But if you do, don't complain that there's no counterplay to stealth.

True story. Your choice to listen to music or whatever is your choice. But don't yell for nerfs because of it. I play in TS many times, but still can hear the combat ques.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better change: mage light only gives 20% empower damage bonus to the next magicka ability cast.

It's a mage guild skill. If we can't get a magicka morph of dawnbreaker, I don't see why stam nightblades can use mage light to empower stam abilities.

QFT
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But we can get Minor Force from Trap Beast.

I think Magelight should grant empower for magick, Expert Hunter for physical.
    Minor Force from Trap Beast for stamina, Rune for magicka.

Mages Guild abilities should be able to be empowered. Namely upfront damage of Rune and Meteor. Just how it used to be.
    Please, someone explain to me why stamina builds can use our abilities to empower their ults, while we can't!
    x'D
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know...like 5% of players have adapted their builds so that they're very hard to gank. Everyone else is running around with minimum health, miniumum armor, they walk around out of sneak then write posts about how awful gankers are. Meh. Armor up.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I don't know...like 5% of players have adapted their builds so that they're very hard to gank. Everyone else is running around with minimum health, miniumum armor, they walk around out of sneak then write posts about how awful gankers are. Meh. Armor up.

Most of cyrodiil are wearing heavy armour with like 30k?

Also armour is irrelevant to some gank builds.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...