Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing: Are those library clutter items Crown Store exclusive, or where do I find them?

manavortex
manavortex
✭✭✭✭
Basically I've been all over Tamriel several times now. I might be blind, but I haven't found anywhere to buy either of these:

Scroll, Rolled
Book Stack, Decorative
Book Row, Decorative
Book Row, Long

... as well as the letters.
Can anyone help me out?
Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is definitely no gold vendor for these items.

What I cannot discount yet is if you can steal them (quite a few clutter items that appear to be crown only seem to be steal-able). This could be either from Pickpocket (maybe Scholars/Students/Mages) for the scrolls and letters and perhaps furniture for the books? So far I have not stolen any of the above items and it seems the rate for receiving items from Pickpocketing got borked in the latest patch (2.7.4).

I have stolen the Common Inkwell, Practical from a desk though and read on here someone stole a Signed Contract.
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to craft them riiight before they copied live over. Now PTS is broken and we don't have the "craft everything book"
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so after stealing my way through the whole Mages' guild in Deshaan AND Shad Astula, I found this:
    6CmJn6ApKVyC7Q25JkdtHl6i4kgsqj.png
    I guess it can be done. The droprate is ridiculously low though. I think I stole between 50 and 100 items and probably butchered enough scholars to depopulate a small town.
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aren't there books you can get as a result of Shalidor's library? (Not sure if those are the same or comparable to what you're looking for...)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't there books you can get as a result of Shalidor's library? (Not sure if those are the same or comparable to what you're looking for...)

They're different.

Shalidor's library are individual, fully functional (readable) books. These are purely decorative objects which look like rows or stacks of books.

The benefit being each one only counts as 1 item. So if you want a filled bookcase you can just put 1 'Book Row, Long' on each shelf and it'd use about 5 items (depending on the bookcase used). If you used Shalidor's library you'd have to put 12 books on each shelf to get the same effect so that would be 60 items.

(I want a lot of books in my house so I'm planning to do a mix of both.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    I would definitely recommend giving careful thought to Shalidor's books before purchase. Each bundle has a large number of books (ten on average) which increases your placed item count by a lot. They don't snap into bookshelves, so you must carefully place each one, unless you're really after the stacks of books everywhere look. Also, unless you place each one, you're left with these purchases in your inventory, which became mildly frustrating for my inventory limit.
    Edited by Totes-Bode on February 23, 2017 6:35PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's definitely not something you want to go for as an impulse purchase. It would be good if you could buy individual volumes, but at least when you buy them they're bundled together so it's only 1 item (and you buy 1 section of the library at a time instead of the whole thing). So if you buy it and then realise you don't have space hopefully you're at the intermediate stage where you haven't extracted the books from the bundle yet, and there's less items to store.

If I remember correctly the entire library comes to 297 books.

My plan at the moment is to buy Mournoth Keep, which is a medium house with more indoor space than I really need, use the base 200 item limit to decorate it (including several empty book shelves) then buy 30 days of ESO Plus, buy Shalidor's Library and put them in the house. As I said I want a lot of books, I'll probably use some of the decorative book items as well so it looks like more than 200 volumes.

Which sounds like a lot, but I estimate my husband and I have approximately 600 books (and Divines only know how many comics) in a 1 bedroom flat. They all fit on 3 full size and 1 1/2 size bookshelves.

I don't know what I'll do with the other 97 books (or however many there are). At least some of them my argonian will hold onto in her house (Humblemud) and the rest I'll put in the inn rooms. The problem will be a) deciding which books to put in which house and b) remembering which house they're in.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, my husband and I live in an apartment that's probably around the size of Kragenhome, and we're hitting that one's item limit with the books we've spread about, not to mention any other furniture.
    I really think books shouldn't count. :|