The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Survey maps give housing crafting mats?

ZunaRoath
ZunaRoath
✭✭✭✭
So yeah, I do crafting writs everyday with many chars, and I save my survey maps until I got quite a few so I go get them all together. I was about to get the first, and I got that question. Maybe it is worth saving them.

Do you also get the materials you need for housing furniture from the survey maps nodes?
[EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot use writs to get the new mats. This prevents people from hoarding them to get ahead.
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn, okay, thanks for your answer!
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question is will surveys ever drop the new mats? I guess I understand they don't want people hoarding ahead of time (not that they prevent it with other things like undaunted keys), but if surveys will never drop the new mats, that's a real issue IMO. A lot of us use surveys as a supplement to farming. We save surveys for a week or two, then spend a few hours gathering them all. This just means that they only way to get this stuff will be to mindlessly farm random stuff, on top of survey farming, which is really annoying. Housing is already shaping up to be a ridiculous grind, this just makes it worse.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 4, 2017 8:50PM
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw Exactly this. I can not really believe the whole get ahead thing, on the one hand, sure people can use them to profit from the early weeks of the patch, but at the same time it make writs redundant as well punishing those who planned to use the materials from surveys (either saved up or post patch) for you know, the patch? To actually do the content without farming hours and hours in overcrowded zones?

There are many ways to void hoarded surveys, nor would doing so relieve issue of the profiting from mats. In the long term allowing hoarded surveys to be used would dramatically lower the long term pricing of the materials than limiting it to pure farming. Likewise even more long term assuming you could not utilise pre homestead surveys it still tackles the prices simply because there would be a hell of alot more of the materials on the market.

it's just completely counter intuitive for writs and either ZOS couldn't fix the bug where the surveys besides alchemy were simply not working, or they just want to funnel more people into crown store purchases, since not everyone can invest their time or really want to given the lack of enjoyment out of simply running around zones racing people to nodes for several hours to hoard enough materials to craft some sh**.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What this tells me is that I will continue to do writs from time to time, and just hold on to my surveys, not because I expect them to change them, but because I simply cannot be bothered collecting them. They were painful enough back when you were only getting Wrothgar ones, but now you have to travel to 17 different zones just to complete them all and I'm not keen on that.

If they ever do change it so that the surveys drop housing mats, then I'll have incentive to actually spend half a day harvesting them. It's not like the return on surveys gives you enough materials to pay for the writs in the first place anymore.
    Harvest or no harvest, you'll have to buy materials just to do writs anyway.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    What this tells me is that I will continue to do writs from time to time, and just hold on to my surveys, not because I expect them to change them, but because I simply cannot be bothered collecting them. They were painful enough back when you were only getting Wrothgar ones, but now you have to travel to 17 different zones just to complete them all and I'm not keen on that.

This so much. I had a stack of surveys before Homestead was even announced for just this reason--it's a bother to run up, grab the mats, run far enough away to make the nodes respawn, repeat seventeen or eighteen times, then move on to the next stack and repeat. There's nothing fun about it. And since they aren't adding any reward--at least in the short term--to do that and I don't NEED the mats right now, I might as well save them. They stack now, so it's not like they're taking up an increasing amount of inventory space like they used to. (Though a part of me still rolls eyes at the fact that they made them stack the same time they made them STOP all going to the same place, neutralizing some of the benefit.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.