The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Engine guardian QOL: PLEASE allow the sphere 3 seconds before despawning

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
My personal favorite stamplar build is the engine guardian repentance build. As everyone knows, stamplars are arguably the hardest class to sustain with no useful passives for stamina regen, and very little cost reduction compared to other classes. To offset this, myself and MANY others who played stamplar would use the engine guardian build, which previously would allow us to repent the guardian after it's 6 second effect, returning 3k stamina. This was NOT OP in any way, and required careful monitoring of your engine to ensure you'd repent in the proper window.

In the upcoming patch, engine guardian and all other pets/setspawns now despawn immediately when expired. I get that this is a QoL change for cyrodil lag, but please make a change to engine guardian specifically so that it has a 3 second window before despawning, or functions how it did in the previous patch. No one will complain as engine guardian is the ONLY set people utilize as a source of repentance, and the few stamplars that still play will be ECSTATIC. I'm sure it would take your dev team mere minutes to go in and edit the despawn variable on this set alone.

@ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was under the impression this was a deliberate nerf to Templars to equalize the summon-based Monster Sets, as only Templars could benefit from the bodies left behind while all the other classes can just stare at it.

That was a pretty big combat convenience for a single class to have.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was under the impression this was a deliberate nerf to Templars to equalize the summon-based Monster Sets, as only Templars could benefit from the bodies left behind while all the other classes can just stare at it.

It kinda gave the class originality. Now all are the same. I see it from both sides and still want to keep the way it is. It gave my small group a good chance at fighting a larger group if I could steal the repentance before everyone else. So I got a few people in my group of 5 to run it. It is the best monster set on a Templar. Now I might just throw it in the bank forever. Not that it's useless but more so a sad memory. I bid thee farewell

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/314982/sad-goodbye-for-centy#latest

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only class hurt by this change would be stamplars (stamina spec templar). Repent for magicka templar is simply a heal or a utility, it does not benefit their sustain (spare group play). For stamina templar, which is by far the worst sustaining spec in the game, repentance with engine guardian was a way to actually sustain, and it wasn't a free way either. It required skill to monitor when your guardian expires, so that you can be sure that you're in repent range and that you catch the repent in the despawn window. Engine guardian simply is not a reliable form of sustain by itself, on stamina classes. All I'm asking is that engine guardian specifically be allowed a 3 second despawn window, so that we don't phase a build completely out of the game and further hurt what is widely considered the weakest/worst performing spec.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they want to equalize the classes they better get to buffing stamina templar damage, sustain and magicka utility then because they are lacking in all those areas compared to every other spec in the game. If the change to engine guardian was a deliberate shot at stamplars then they are just adding salt to the wound. I do think however that it is just part of a Cyodiil lag improvement change, and that they know its a minor nerf to Stamplars, but don't care.