The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Troll King

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    Valkyn Umbrauch wears this set. You better bring a zerg to kill it which gives a small group a ton of utility. Negates, ultis and siege (meatbags and fire).

The hilarity begins at:
    2:54:11

https://clips.twitch.tv/kodipvp/BloodyMuleSeemsGood

Lol this is your argument? He's fighting a health regen tank. It took him half a minute just proc troll king, and then once he did he gave up.

Lol no this set is fine. Giving up 341 weapon damage for 1500 health regen is a solid trade. The only character that needs troll king are stamblades. Templars, and DKs have major mending; sorcs have dark deal. Magblades have healing Ward, so naturally this is the only thing stamblades have for survivability. I'd gladly give up troll king for major mending any day.

The issue is that survivability was suppose to be the weakness for stamblades. Classes should have advantages and weaknesses. Thats class balance. Having all 4 classes doing everything isnt class balance.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Valkyn Umbrauch wears this set. You better bring a zerg to kill it which gives a small group a ton of utility. Negates, ultis and siege (meatbags and fire).

The hilarity begins at:

Lol this is your argument? He's fighting a health regen tank. It took him half a minute just proc troll king, and then once he did he gave up.

Lol no this set is fine. Giving up 341 weapon damage for 1500 health regen is a solid trade. The only character that needs troll king are stamblades. Templars, and DKs have major mending; sorcs have dark deal. Magblades have healing Ward, so naturally this is the only thing stamblades have for survivability. I'd gladly give up troll king for major mending any day.

The issue is that survivability was suppose to be the weakness for stamblades. Classes should have advantages and weaknesses. Thats class balance. Having all 4 classes doing everything isnt class balance.

Lol it IS the weakness of stamblades! That's why we need to sacrifice damage in order to compensate for it. Stamplars, StamDKs, and Stam Sorcs can have great survivability without Troll King; Stamblades cannot. Also when homestead goes live stamblades will have inferior burst to Stamplars. Now that's not balanced.

This patch has effectively taken a dump on stamblades, and if you want to still play as one you're playing with a handicap.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try to play an medium armor stamblade with troll king and you will see how you are still extremely squizzy. No matter what set you put on a stamblade, you can still get bursted really quick by high-dps builds, you literaly have ZERO chance vs a competent stamsorc. The only way to survive with a stamblade: avoid damage, you simple can't take damage an expect to survive, like all other classes can do.
    Troll king only helps you to sustain your health a bit more in open world vs scrubs, it dosn't help you at all against a competent PvPer, you will still get bursted really easy if you don't avoid the damage.

Half of the post of this thread shows how little people actually test things. Guys claiming troll king to give 2x-3x more regen than it actually do, other claiming that vamp dosn't affect, others with videos of inmortal tanks that don't even proc troll king, and ofc the good old "stamblades are OP because i don't know how to kill them, but the only time i tried stamblade i couldn't survive more than 5 seconds in a fight".

If troll king is OP on heavy armor tanks, nerf heavy armor. If troll king is OP on zergs, remove the zerg empowering factor of the set. But saying that troll king is OP on a stamblade is a joke.
    Edited by ManDraKE on February 1, 2017 4:59PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whine whine whine

Veli, Viper etc, as long as those sets exist no one should complain abut a defensive set.

Either, change your thread to "change all monster sets"or gtfo
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The hilarity begins at:

I am the health regeneration tank. The troll King plays a huge part in the build. Also, vigor ticks aren't over 10k.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The hilarity begins at:

I am the health regeneration tank. The troll King plays a huge part in the build. Also, vigor ticks aren't over 10k.

Cool paper weight
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Troll King is extremely powerful if used right. I don't personally use it, but I will defend it the same way I defend pirate skelly. So long as extremely powerful offensive monster sets are in the game, extremely powerful defensive sets also have a place. They add build diversity and allow you to choose between building for burst or building to mitigate burst. Balance.

The thing that makes troll king and pirate skelly more skillful, in my view, than instant damage procs is that procs sets make you more effective and improve your performance in an optimal way without any player input. In contrast, while troll king and pirate do improve performance on the proc, to maximize the potential of these sets you have to play around the proc and complement it with proper use of skills. They have to actually be utilized and skillfully played to get that OP performance and there is a reactionary element to their use.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly the people who don't think it's OP haven't tried it or are just doing it wrong. This set is very OP. It pretty much completely avoids execution range. It's very hard to execute someone with a 2h wearing this set, and there are a lot of people wearing it. Don't comment if you haven't seen what this set can do.. its very overpowered.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l3alls wrote: »
    Clearly the people who don't think it's OP haven't tried it or are just doing it wrong.

Or they are not using heavy armor lol
    Edited by ManDraKE on February 1, 2017 8:23PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this set is most deff NOT OP...i put together last year a build that achieved 7k+ health regen. i had initially thought of it as a way to have blazing shield up and get huge amounts of health and i'll say...7k health regen is NOT...i repeat NOT great...i would still struggle with staying alive against one good player. and this is still with decent mag/ stam/ and regens for blocking on main bar and throwing vigor/ mutagen HoTs up. it simply is not that good

i'll say that i had much more survivability on my VAMPIRE 80k health templar with 200 health regen, and malubeth and the key, BATS than i ever will with an extra 2k health regen. the same player i struggled with before became a non threat after dropping the health regen...troll king would be nice i guess...but most deff not OP
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took him half a minute just proc troll king.
    Exactly. This is what I mean.

Guy at 32 seconds says, "Wow. This guy's health is crazy going up", but hadn't even gotten his health low enough to proc troll king.

You've got NB's that have 80% dodge chance and mitigation over 7 heavy claiming to wear troll king. Why? when you are avoiding almost all damage and not taking damage, why would you care about regen that kicks in at low health?

Same can be said for non-regen tanks that seem to take almost no damage and spend 99% of their time at almost full health. How pointless would trollking be?

• willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    59513549.jpg

You realize that's an ironic meme right? Because he was caught lying.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at people claiming trollking is good with light armor. Mates if your shields drop you're getting 1 shot with 2000 impen, troll king won't help with that ;)
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The hilarity begins at:

Lol it IS the weakness of stamblades! That's why we need to sacrifice damage in order to compensate for it. Stamplars, StamDKs, and Stam Sorcs can have great survivability without Troll King; Stamblades cannot. Also when homestead goes live stamblades will have inferior burst to Stamplars. Now that's not balanced.

This patch has effectively taken a dump on stamblades, and if you want to still play as one you're playing with a handicap.

I said having all 4 classes doing everything isnt class balance. Thats what we have now. Everyone can do everything. You are not sacrificing dmg. The whole point of "sacrificing" is to give up some things to get other things. But when u end up being tanky while also having a ton of dmg then its obvious that u are not sacrificing sh*t. If you are ok with stamblades putting a 2 piece set to become tanky because u are "sacrificing dmg" then i imagine you are also ok with stamDKs putting procs on and start one shotting people because they are "sacrificing their tankiness by putting on dmg sets". Maybe we have a different definition of what sacrifice means.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    this set is most deff NOT OP...i put together last year a build that achieved 7k+ health regen. i had initially thought of it as a way to have blazing shield up and get huge amounts of health and i'll say...7k health regen is NOT...i repeat NOT great...i would still struggle with staying alive against one good player. and this is still with decent mag/ stam/ and regens for blocking on main bar and throwing vigor/ mutagen HoTs up. it simply is not that good

i'll say that i had much more survivability on my VAMPIRE 80k health templar with 200 health regen, and malubeth and the key, BATS than i ever will with an extra 2k health regen. the same player i struggled with before became a non threat after dropping the health regen...troll king would be nice i guess...but most deff not OP

Great. You just basically said the broken build i run now is more broken than the build i used to run so the build i used to run wasnt broken.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

Try to play an medium armor stamblade with troll king and you will see how you are still extremely squizzy. No matter what set you put on a stamblade, you can still get bursted really quick by high-dps builds, you literaly have ZERO chance vs a competent stamsorc. The only way to survive with a stamblade: avoid damage, you simple can't take damage an expect to survive, like all other classes can do.
    Troll king only helps you to sustain your health a bit more in open world vs scrubs, it dosn't help you at all against a competent PvPer, you will still get bursted really easy if you don't avoid the damage.

Half of the post of this thread shows how little people actually test things. Guys claiming troll king to give 2x-3x more regen than it actually do, other claiming that vamp dosn't affect, others with videos of inmortal tanks that don't even proc troll king, and ofc the good old "stamblades are OP because i don't know how to kill them, but the only time i tried stamblade i couldn't survive more than 5 seconds in a fight".

If troll king is OP on heavy armor tanks, nerf heavy armor. If troll king is OP on zergs, remove the zerg empowering factor of the set. But saying that troll king is OP on a stamblade is a joke.

Exactly my point again. Those people most likely also run broken setups. Because half of the sets that came lately are broken. Just because other sets are also broken, it doesnt mean that troll king isnt. And stam sorcs are OP in general.
    There are build videos that clearly shows how powerful it is. The numbers are there. base regen 700 troll king procs 3.3k. Yes the tooltip is 1.5k but when the multipliers start kicking that 1.5k ends up being 2.5k+. What exactly do u suggest? Nerf every single hp regen passive in the game?
    There are also videos with people fighting with that set. Have you actually seen jeff's build?
    And the set has bad design anw. If you dont one shot people before it procs u are not gonna kill them. It promotes that stupid burst meta even more. And also, it has no counterplay. You cant debuff hp regen and it has basically 100% uptime. Its giving bad players a free pass. Just like proc sets.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    l3alls wrote: »
    Clearly the people who don't think it's OP haven't tried it or are just doing it wrong.

Or they are not using heavy armor lol

aka doing it wrong :) but really, I have a friend who is a skillfull NB wearing all medium, -Bro, that runs this. With his excellent blocking/dodge roll timing it keeps him from being executed, minus jesus beam, etc.

But with heavy armor it is kinda ridiculous to me. I honestly think it can stack like crazy, regardless of what the UI says.

The hilarity begins at:

I agree. It will be a high burst ganker, or a glass cannon dps with stamina recovery. With unchained/heavy armor resourse return "fixed" the burst will go wayyyy down. I think siphoning strikes will be the norm.
    Edited by Own on February 2, 2017 1:01AM
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    I used few weeks automaton/troll king/knight errant with my orc sorc and i was able to get over 4k regen. It's really overperforming,especially on nb (high survivability+high burst+high regen).

Sounds like crap damage with that setup

Crap damage? Do you even know what those sets do?
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The hilarity begins at:

Cool paper weight

@Waffennacht

It's a troll build. *Hint hint* "TROLL KING"

Even paperweights have their use but this build can find/burn enemy camps with zero consequence throw out negates while perma rooting players inside with encase and other useful utilities as well such as keeping a flag from turning as it's actively contested with zero consequence. That one is fun in Bruma a lot of times.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheValkyn thanks for taking the joke so well. I honestly thought i was gonna get some heat lol. No problems here man, I'm just so sick of the Op wagon following me around lol - ty for being chill :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    59513549.jpg

You realize that's an ironic meme right? Because he was caught lying.

@willlienellson If you look at the name of the player you will see that it was a joke.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Troll King is only OP with HA IMO.

The only thing it offers medium is a strong trickle heal that limits the need o spam vigor and rally making dodgeroll, Los, and cloaking much more viable defensive actions.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is not used in PS4 EU , i used to run it but in medium and large battles its usless , i find Bloodspawn , Malubeth and Mighty Chudan times better than T.K. , however in small scale and dueling its strong . but i still prefer my werewolf to use Mighty Chudan and have 36k resistances :) .
    Edited by RouDeR on February 2, 2017 11:50PM
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I love it on my heavy armor stamblade, trollking/ogrums and viper. Thanks Patrick Scott for the regenerator build :heart:
  • duuude9192b14_ESO
    duuude9192b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    I love it on my heavy armor stamblade, trollking/ogrums and viper. Thanks Patrick Scott for the regenerator build :heart:

I am Troll King.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am Troll King.

I'm Spartacus!

Wait...
    What?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭

I am Troll King.

All hail Troll King ♔
    Love your build man :smile:
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am Troll King.

All hail Troll King ♔

I just never keep Org Scale, the idea of always losing that buff at 50% seems so lackluster. I switched it for Plague Doctor (this way your 60% health is at 24,000 health (more than most players full)

And I can't bring myself to use Viper, so I traded it for Alchemist.

If TK were to suddenly disappear I'd just switch it for Engine, or Bloodspawn, or Selene, or Pirate... yeah, TK isn't as vital to the build as a lot of players think when they look at Regenerator
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • duuude9192b14_ESO
    duuude9192b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I am Troll King.

All hail Troll King ♔