The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bug - Master Destruction Staves

Derra
Derra
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
These weapons no longer increase the damage over time component of destructive touch and morphs.
Only the initial dmg is affected by the damage increase.

While not exactly highly sought after currently on live i believe this makes the use of these entirely pointless in homestead. :disappointed:
<Noricum>
I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The enchants never upped the dot on destructive touch. They ought to though, would be great.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The enchants never upped the dot on destructive touch. They ought to though, would be great.

Atleast they did with 1.6 when i was using one.
    Back then the tooltip for direct dmg got increased by ~550 and dot component by ~2750 dmg. And yes - it worked that way. The damage over time was increased. I´ve tested that back in the days.

Edit: Just confirmed on live. This is apparently also in the current live version. Why did nobody complain when that got changed (probably bc nobody noticed).
    Edited by Derra on February 3, 2017 11:02AM
    <Noricum>

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #BuffMasterWeapons - nuch weaker in compare to maelstrom
    #NerfMaelstromDuals #BuffStaminaDps - why stamina players are forced to use them to have equal dps to magica builds?
    Edited by Edziu on February 3, 2017 11:41AM
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra

Thanks for letting me know..
    This makes a hard decision an easy one for me, I thought it still does work on dots :confused:

But..it hasn't been mentioned, so it IS a bug right?
    Let's report it! :cry:
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Back then the tooltip for direct dmg got increased by ~550 and dot component by ~2750 dmg. And yes - it worked that way. The damage over time was increased. I´ve tested that back in the days.

Edit: Just confirmed on live. This is apparently also in the current live version. Why did nobody complain when that got changed (probably bc nobody noticed).

Okay, how did you confirm this? Back on 1.6 that is, cause if you did not compensate for the extra 1k magic you got, that is were you would of got that extra damage on the dot.

If the master staff buffed the dot by what it buffed the first hit by, it would make the skill a must have in single target, my tool tip would go from like 8k over 8 secs to 13k over 8 secs, almost as good as blood craze.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 3, 2017 5:37PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see the DSA master weapons buffed in general, but I think if it didn't happen when they re-scaled DSA its never going to happen.

On the bright side, you can use it with a poison and keep the max magicka buff.
    Playing since beta...
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Okay, how did you confirm this? Back on 1.6 that is, cause if you did not compensate for the extra 1k magic you got, that is were you would of got that extra damage on the dot.

If the master staff buffed the dot by what it buffed the first hit by, it would make the skill a must have in single target, my tool tip would go from like 8k over 8 secs to 13k over 8 secs, almost as good as blood craze.

That was the case back then. The tooltip went from ~6k to almost 9k on the dot. That is not explainable with getting ~1000 extra magica.
    <Noricum>

• Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    It's been like this for months, maybe over a year. I don't remember when the change first happened, but it happened while Master Weapons were not endgame leveled and DSA was outmoded content, so few spoke up.