Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Homestead and Your Character

Niko1987
Niko1987
✭✭
Will your new home or apartment play a role in your characters life? Will the design or type you choose also play a significance? Like will you get a house only associated with your race etc? :smile:

I'd like mine to play a role, but I still haven't chosen which one I want yet... :lol:
Edited by Niko1987 on January 27, 2017 4:20PM
"It must be nice to fight for something you feel so strongly about. Too often I don't have that luxury."- Ahrilux
@Niko1987 | PC NA
Lady Ahrilux | Nord | Dragonknight | STAM Tank in Training
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as I usually like to play all roles and races I'll most likely get them each their own place in time each with their own flair.

I don't really have a "main" anymore.

But yes, the apartment, house or mansion will reflect the character for sure. Even though I don't make elaborate backstories for them they have a certain feeling for me when I play them.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Same as I usually like to play all roles and races I'll most likely get them each their own place in time each with their own flair.

I don't really have a "main" anymore.

But yes, the apartment, house or mansion will reflect the character for sure. Even though I don't make elaborate backstories for them they have a certain feeling for me when I play them.

@Rouven That's awesome. :D I like the Grand Topal because it's away from people and I might get a smaller and a medium too. Possibly away from people. I prefer my solitude. :smile:
    Edited by Niko1987 on January 27, 2017 4:39PM
    "It must be nice to fight for something you feel so strongly about. Too often I don't have that luxury."- Ahrilux
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have looked at them but have no idea which I will get first. I am leaning to getting one for Hughe, as he is the one that is more grounded. He is a Breton Sorcerer so it will reflect that. Just have not decided exactly what I will get him.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Dr_Resilient
    Dr_Resilient
    ✭✭✭
    I will only purchase a house when it gets some storage space, otherwise, no. And if the storage be only by crowns, another no.
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    I will only purchase a house when it gets some storage space, otherwise, no. And if the storage be only by crowns, another no.

@Dr_Resilient Oh jeeze, I see how that can be a deal breaker... :/
    I have lots of junk that need trunks...
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    Krist wrote: »
    I have looked at them but have no idea which I will get first. I am leaning to getting one for Hughe, as he is the one that is more grounded. He is a Breton Sorcerer so it will reflect that. Just have not decided exactly what I will get him.

@Krist Nice! Well, since you're not sure of what kind, do you have a thought on what size it will be?
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niko1987 wrote:
    Will your new home or apartment play a role in your characters life?
    For one of them, yes it will. I hadn't intended to make the character in question find a home outside of their place of birth, but Homestead looks promising and it could work.
    Niko1987 wrote:
    Will the design or type you choose also play a significance? Like will you get a house only associated with your race etc?
    Yes, absolutely. I really like the Argonian style of housing and i'm planning on getting Humblemud. For me, a home made of earth is about as vernacular as you could hope to get, and I really, really like the simple yet crude appearance. It suits my character completely, even though he isn't Argonian.

Great questions, @Niko1987 :)
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very probably. When I'm about to finish my game session, I make my character go to the nearest inn, as if he was taking a break or sleeping while I'm offline. With the update, the inns will be replaced by his home most of the time.

Will the design or type you choose also play a significance?
    Yes. For now, I'm sure my character will get a Khajiit house, but I have yet to decide between the one on Reaper's March (nice looking, with lots of space but not too fancy) or the little one from Khenarthi's Roost (small, on a little island with a plantation full of humble workers, it would fit better with my character's austere lifestyle).

Like will you get a house only associated with your race etc?
    No. While my character is a Nord and feels comfortable on cold climates, he seems to be more fond of temperate climates and other races than his own. perhaps later he'll get the house in the Rift, just because he spend a lot of time there.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »
    Niko1987 wrote:
    For one of them, yes it will. I hadn't intended to make the character in question find a home outside of their place of birth, but Homestead looks promising and it could work.
    Niko1987 wrote:
    Will the design or type you choose also play a significance? Like will you get a house only associated with your race etc?
    Yes, absolutely. I really like the Argonian style of housing and i'm planning on getting Humblemud. For me, a home made of earth is about as vernacular as you could hope to get, and I really, really like the simple yet crude appearance. It suits my character completely, even though he isn't Argonian.

Great questions, @Niko1987 :)

@menedhyn Thanks you! :blush: It was something I thought about while looking through the housing options. I know there's a large RP community on ESO and figured I'd ask because I wanted to know if others' had the same idea. :smile:
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    Stania wrote: »
    Very probably. When I'm about to finish my game session, I make my character go to the nearest inn, as if he was taking a break or sleeping while I'm offline. With the update, the inns will be replaced by his home most of the time.

Yes. For now, I'm sure my character will get a Khajiit house, but I have yet to decide between the one on Reaper's March (nice looking, with lots of space but not too fancy) or the little one from Khenarthi's Roost (small, on a little island with a plantation full of humble workers, it would fit better with my character's austere lifestyle).

Like will you get a house only associated with your race etc?
    No. While my character is a Nord and feels comfortable on cold climates, he seems to be more fond of temperate climates and other races than his own. perhaps later he'll get the house in the Rift, just because he spend a lot of time there.

@Stania This is how I feel. I'm a Nord as well, but I really enjoy tropical climates and being close to the beaches. FInding a home along the beaches or in a lovely sunny area would be perfect. :smiley:
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
  • Dak2099
    Dak2099

It will. In all RPGs where housing is available I have always set my houses up based on my characters profession (this is mainly for roleplay purposes). If s/he is a Soldier type character I would try and set it up an a military style. Maybe an armoury for example if the decoration items allow it? Or if s/he is a Rogue character, display treasure chests, collected loot etc.

Yes, I always like to plan what the room(s) are going to be used for before making a purchase of a house. Whether to make a room a study, full of books, a desk and parchment for a Sorceror, or maybe a kitchen with displayed plates, food etc if I was making my home in a tavern style or dining area. I'm currently toying between the Cliffshade house or the Ravenhurst. I do not have access to the PTS as I'm a console player so will wait until this is live before making any purchases.

Will you get a house only associated with your race etc?

No, while these houses are unique to each race. I would rather have my Wood Elf in one of the houses I mentioned above. For me, it would be easier to decorate and be more practical for my characters profession.

One thing is for sure, I do look forward to seeing/visiting other houses once it goes live. It is always good to get inspiration and ideas from other players. I'll let you know when I'm having a house party on the XB1 EU Server.
  • Barkel
    Barkel
    ✭✭
    Certainly homestead will have a big role to play for my character. I've actually made a new imperial specifically for this update, so right now I'm avoiding all world quests and focusing on guild/main/crafting quests. Then when homestead come out I'll use the inn for my character during the story in glenumbra, the wayrest city house for the other daggerfall zones and the finally the imperial home in Craglorn (and probably a morrowind home when its released). I'm going to stick to human houses because I cant imagine my imperial living in a mud hut, and the houses will be used as a visual representation of my characters personality.
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    Wow, it's so awesome seeing how everyone will utilize the Homestead to center around their character and their story! :smiley:

I can't wait until my character finally has a place to call home. :blush:
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've actually already written the entry about buying a house for my main character's journaling thread. :D It won't be ready to go up for a while, since I need to wrap up a few other entries about the questing she's doing before she ventures into homeownership.

I had the benefit of house-shopping on PTS, so I have my plans all laid out. She's going to start with the small Rift house, which is a good mix of rustic and cozy with some nice outdoor space to play with. I think it'll be a good place for her to settle and have a place she can call her own after spending so long as a wandering adventurer. And she should be able to decorate it nicely with mementos of her travels through all three alliances plus Craglorn and Hew's Bane.

I'll probably eventually also get Mournoth Keep, which will give her/me even more space to play with, and she'll like having a place in High Rock. In general I don't feel the need to be race-specific with her, but as a Breton she does feel more of a connection with High Rock. (The Orc house suits her better overall than the Breton houses, though.)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    @Ilsabet Did you see the new housing items on the Crown store?? :smiley:

Super excited about all the possibilities! :relaxed:
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to eventually purchase the Ebonheart Manor and then make more Dunmer characters with the surname Vedralu.

Make house Vedralu great again? :sweat_smile:

Edit to make Mouse into Make, thanks for that spellcheck. :tongue:
    Edited by Turelus on February 2, 2017 4:10PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Niko1987 wrote: »

I haven't gone onto PTS to look at the stuff from the new crown store showcase, but I noodled around with what was available the first week of PTS. There's some pretty neat stuff.

Personally though I always prefer to use what I can get on my own through crafting and in-game purchases, so I won't be buying anything from the crown store if I can help it.

Fortunately my achievement-whoring will provide me with a lot of nice stuff that I can pick up right away. :D
    Edited by Ilsabet on February 2, 2017 3:53PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Niko1987 wrote: »

I haven't gone onto PTS to look at the stuff from the new crown store showcase, but I noodled around with what was available the first week of PTS. There's some pretty neat stuff.

Personally though I always prefer to use what I can get on my own through crafting and in-game purchases, so I won't be buying anything from the crown store if I can help it.

Fortunately my achievement-whoring will provide me with a lot of nice stuff that I can pick up right away. :D

@Ilsabet Same! I hope what they sell will give me ideas on what to craft and how best to furnish my house. :smile:
    I already have an idea on how I want it to look. :blush:
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It definitely was nice to go through the store and pull stuff out to test-drive. I've got a list of things that I particularly liked that I'll be trying to get for my real houses. I just have to hope that tracking down the plans for what I want isn't impossible.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I'll likely buy one, decorate it with some achievement based stuff, and probably use it as a wayshrine every now and then.

If the home can get more functions, I'd probably use it more.
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    @Ilsabet Oh man, same... :scream: I don't want to die gathering the ingredients needed to craft furniture.
    I mean, I will if I have to... :lol:
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
  • onemoredragon
    onemoredragon
    ✭✭✭

It definitely will, because with ZoS finally giving us housing I can actually start roleplaying my characters properly (YAY to interactive benches and chairs!). And they all cannot just be homeless vagabonds, roaming through Tamriel with no place to settle down and get things in order. So yeah, for some characters, their stories will only begin with Homestead.

I have different characters of different races, so getting a house for every one of them is not an option. I’ve chosen imperial style house, which is my personal preference – thinking of imperial stuff gives me good nostalgia vibes from the Elder Scrolls Oblivion and I kinda like the imperial style stonework (aka walls in the houses, damn, I love those walls).
    PC EU @OneMoreDragon

Rakshasi Raijina, khajiit sorceror, adventurer and crafter
    Keel-Neesha, argonian dragonknight tank
    Asharlys, orc templar tank
    Wanheda Praimfaya, nord necromancer tank
    Alessia Whitegold, redguard templar 2h/bow DD
    Mitsuro Naztharune, khajiit dragonknight dw/bow DD
    Viannereth, bosmer warden bow/bow DD
    Moraelyn of Ra'athim, dunmer necromancer magicka DD

So long as the dragonfires shall burn, to you, and to all generations, I swear that my Hearts blood shall hold fast the Gates of Oblivion.
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    I am thinking about buying 3 or 4 places. I have 3 or 4 characters so a home for each in their alliance seems a fair idea. I've looked at Serenity Falls a few times and also Mathisen Manor too. I have an idea where my main character is setting up a larger home that all of my other characters can use as well. My Main character is a sort of mentor to a newer character so we'll see how that works out.

What I'd like to see though is more casual costumes available in the game for each race or region that suit where you have your home. I mean are you really going to watch the sun go down in armour?

Anyway
    Yep totally, though I don't want it to be a huge part but it will be a place I will return to between quests.

Will the design or type of house you choose also play a significance? Like will you get a house only associated with your race etc?
    Not so much, more likely to just be where they choose to settle down. So a nice location, good facilities close to amenities that sort of thing is more important.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Well been looking at home more intense now
    most of the houses is very dark esp the biggest houses the manors.

Due to I spending some time in middle east irl I kind of like the 'redguard style '

I will even try decorate as my house looks irl

-my char is going to eat Gormeu Sabzhi with saffron rice ;) while wathing the ships arrive ...

• Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    Sheyta wrote: »
    Well been looking at home more intense now
    most of the houses is very dark esp the biggest houses the manors.

Due to I spending some time in middle east irl I kind of like the 'redguard style '

I will even try decorate as my house looks irl

-my char is going to eat Gormeu Sabzhi with saffron rice ;) while wathing the ships arrive ...

lol awesome. :smile:
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't participate in homestead.

My characters are all khajiit. Their home is the ground beneath their feet.

I might change my mind, though, if they eventually let me create a harem full of scantily clad belly dancing khajiit girls
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Well I hade npc belly dancer in age of conan
    my house.could have a ensemble of those belly dancers
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only khajiit will do
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    On the 21st, I will attempt to afford a Nordic castle in Eastmarch. It's going to require either a lot of crowns and/or gold, but I will get it eventually.
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Only khajiit will do

And Argonian Maids :wink:
    @Niko1987 | PC NA