The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cant install ESO

MancusoAnthonynub18_ESO
Every time i try to install it doesnt do anything it goes away and does not say anything else? im using windows 10 as well.
  • silentcovenant
    silentcovenant
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same problem.. help please
  • TheAngryDeadman
    TheAngryDeadman
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the exact same issue. After getting past the Install anywhere text box, I am stuck immediately after allowing Java to pass through my firewall. Please help!
  • ortwinej_ESO
    ortwinej_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Already a thread for this issue.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/158592/installer-not-working#latest

You may find the launcher in a slightly different file path once you extract the Resource1 file, as I noted in a response on that thread.

Hope this helps.
  • MancusoAnthonynub18_ESO
    again i cant even extract it because i cant even get to the launcher after the 100%... Their has to be a future way where a MOD or some one with knowledge can futher dive through so this never happens ever
  • baria21
    baria21
    Soul Shriven
    I booted into safe mode with networking, installed > restarted. All is good now.
    The Elder Scrolls DEV/MODS here us out this is most freaking unusual to have to fix please FIX YOUR GAME THANKS. Sad I have to go through this way to get something installed as a simple game comon guys REALLY
    Edited by MancusoAnthonynub18_ESO on February 2, 2017 3:12PM
  • raging4198
    raging4198
    Soul Shriven
    i had the same problem... basically steam is a lazy ass and doesnt install the launcher folder so you have to ask some 1 to send it to u then add it to the eso folder in steam

also as a bonus if u get a timed out error close the game. the launcher and steam then run steam as admin
    raging4198 wrote: »
    i had the same problem... basically steam is a lazy ass and doesnt install the launcher folder so you have to ask some 1 to send it to u then add it to the eso folder in steam

also as a bonus if u get a timed out error close the game. the launcher and steam then run steam as admin

i bought the game from the website not from a Steam account FIY ;) thank you though
    Edited by MancusoAnthonynub18_ESO on February 3, 2017 10:47PM
  • vikette_ESO
    vikette_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, I was having the same issue this morning (I'm using desktop version, Windows 10, not Steam). It my case, it was an issue with NVIDIA's latest driver. I was able to fix the problem by installing a hotfix from NVIDIA/GEFORCE. Apparently their latest driver is having some issues with Java based games. So they've put out a hotfix this week. See the link below for more info. Just install the hot-fixed driver right over top of your existing driver.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/991615/geforce-drivers/java-crash-gt-gives-quot-fault-module-name-nvd3dum-dll-quot-/

Good luck!
  • houndandhorseb16_ESO
    The driver update did not fix my issue. It said I had the same or newer already installed. I just bought a new ASUS ROG753 and can't get past the installer. So windows 10 and ESO installer if not compatible I think they need to fix it. I currently sub and have it on my old laptop. I was looking forward to playing it on a more powerful machine. I don't have this game on steam. I bought it directly. I have also pre purchased Marrow wind... I need this to work!
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    The driver update did not fix my issue. It said I had the same or newer already installed. I just bought a new ASUS ROG753 and can't get past the installer. So windows 10 and ESO installer if not compatible I think they need to fix it. I currently sub and have it on my old laptop. I was looking forward to playing it on a more powerful machine. I don't have this game on steam. I bought it directly. I have also pre purchased Marrow wind... I need this to work!

Visual Basic C++ and DirectX issues is not unusual with Windows 10. Lack of backwards compatibility. You may actually need to install OLD drivers. Usually games include this in their installers but I guess ESO may not? Anyway, here's how to do it yourself.

Go into ...\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ .Hopefully there's some vcredlist files in there.
    If you have 64 bit Windows run ALL the vcredlist files and install them.
    If you have 32 bit Windows you only need to run vcredlist_x86_2015.
    You can also download these files from Microsoft if they are missing. Related support article: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30595

Fixing DirectX 11 issues:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmTQ5dEQXPc
    “The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]