The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Minimum health for DPS

Bobby_V_Rockit
Bobby_V_Rockit
✭✭✭✭✭
Heya, so I've finally completed some vet trials and gotten 5 piece VO. I would like to run 5x VO, 5x Spriggan and 2x Velidreth, all medium with stamina enchants. However when I do that, my health is only ~16k with food.

Is that viable? I see all the time people saying "go all medium armour for max DPS" but it just feels very low.

I WAS running 5x spriggan, 2x TBS, 3x VO and 2x Velidreth so got the undaunted mettle passive and the 1050 health bonus from TBS bringing me to ~18k health.
Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on January 31, 2017 4:13AM

Best Answers

• darkllord
    darkllord
    ✭✭✭
    Heya, so I've finally completed some vet trials and gotten 5 piece VO. I would like to run 5x VO, 5x Spriggan and 2x Velidreth, all medium with stamina enchants. However when I do that, my health is only ~16k with food.

Is that viable? I see all the time people saying "go all medium armour for max DPS" but it just feels very low.

I WAS running 5x spriggan, 2x TBS, 3x VO and 2x Velidreth so got the undaunted mettle passive and the 1050 health bonus from TBS bringing me to ~18k health.

If you are not comfortable with your health pool, put few attribute points into health, if you have 18k with food, you should be ok. Even if you have some attribute points in health, you should be able to reach about 32 - 33k stamina with stamina enchants on all of your pieces. For me, that ratio is balanced enough for most of the content.

Answer ✓
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭

When running vet Trials your tank should war ebon!
    So you will have 17k health.
    Currently i am testing wether or not i can do vMoL HM with those exact 17k health or if i should enchant at least on big piece with HP.
    For every other content you should be perfectly fine as long as your healer knows what he/she is doing.

But there is nothing wrong to just go for sure and enchant one or two big armor pieces with HP.
    You will drop some DPS, but it's not that much, we are talking 1-2% but gain a lot of survibility.

TL;DR You can do the content with 16k health, if tank wears ebon. Enchanting a big piece with HP does not hurt
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

Officer of DRUCKWELLE (druckwelle-hq.de)
    Proud Member of Aquila Raiders - Raidgroup Hydra

~ Dro-m'Athra Destroyer ~
    ~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

vMoL HM (Nuke); vSO HM; vHRC HM; vAA HM; vDSA - cleared
    vMSA - cleared on all classes mag+stam
    Answer ✓
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭

same setup but im using viper instead of vo,just enchant a big armor piece with health gold enchantment and you will do fine
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Answer ✓
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭
    darkllord wrote: »

If you are not comfortable with your health pool, put few attribute points into health, if you have 18k with food, you should be ok. Even if you have some attribute points in health, you should be able to reach about 32 - 33k stamina with stamina enchants on all of your pieces. For me, that ratio is balanced enough for most of the content.

Is 34k stam enough though?

yes
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

Officer of DRUCKWELLE (druckwelle-hq.de)
    Proud Member of Aquila Raiders - Raidgroup Hydra

~ Dro-m'Athra Destroyer ~
    ~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

vMoL HM (Nuke); vSO HM; vHRC HM; vAA HM; vDSA - cleared
    vMSA - cleared on all classes mag+stam
    Answer ✓
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuta health on chest boosted it to 17.5k health, 36k stam. Feels better. Cheers guys.
    Answer ✓
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkllord wrote: »

Is 34k stam enough though?
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im running a stamina redguard sorc,stam is 39270,health at 17176,doing fine at pve,pvp is another story tho :smiley:
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    I wear 5 heavy/2 light and my spell/physical resistances are balanced around 18K and 21K depending on which weapon set I'm using. I tweaked health up and found that it seems just above 15K is just enough to retain a sliver of health when hit by most dungeon bosses specials. This amount would be fatal in Cyrodiil however so I go health enchants + health jewels on my impenetrables to bump it up for PvP. You'd likely need to consider also CP damage reduction point allocations as well though but off hand I can't say specifically what mine are.
    Edited by Kaspar on February 1, 2017 10:31PM