Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How many more levels can I wear this Seducer armor?

BillK
BillK
So I had a guy make me a 5 piece set of level 16 Seducer armor last week. He made it with the +xp trait and it has been awesome for my Magicka Templar.

Well now I'm level 30, and it's weird to me, but it still seems better to wear the full 5 piece set than some of the level 28-30 drops or quest rewards I'm getting. Is it normal to be able to keep using the same armor for almost 15 levels without finding an upgrade through regular questing and a few delves?

Thanks.
  • XpoZeD_GoD
    XpoZeD_GoD
    ✭✭
    Normally when grinding you will stick with 1 set of armour until you reach Champion Rank because it takes up time and resources to craft more gear and becomes inefficient. If you are going through questing and just trying to enjoy the game then really you should be using a new set every 10 levels or so because you get weaker as you outlevel your gear.
    Xbox EU
    ~650 CP
    Breton Nightblade (AD)
    Argonian DK (AD) [Tank]
    Altmer Sorcerer (AD)
    Bosmer Nightblade (AD)
    Imperial Templar (AD)
    Dunmer DK (AD)
    Argonian Templar (AD) [Healer]
    Redguard Sorcerer (AD)
    Breton Templar (EP)
    Redguard DK (DC)
    Imperial Sorcerer (EP)
    Khajiit Nightblade (DC)
  • BillK
    BillK
    Thanks for the reply!

That was my thought as well, and every time I get a blue drop or quest reward I'm all excited until I equip it and it reduces more stats than it increases. I just end up deconstructing almost everything I find now which helps with crafting but I got a looong way to go before I can craft a purple replacement set of Seducer myself.

I've always had terrible luck with drops in MMOs so maybe that's just my bad luck carrying over into this game. Almost everything I find is heavy with stamina rather than light with magicka.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only use 2 sets from 1-50, but upgrade my weapons maybe 4 times. weapons give best bang for buck.

It will feel better than random mismatched drops as you are recieving a 5 piece bonus from seducer. You could keep the set or upgrade one more time tbh, up to you.

if its your first character then you should craft training gear until you reach CP160 as that will provide you fastest road to gear cap.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its about 10 levels where you start to notice the gear not being up to snuff. And, weapons are more important to keep near level than armor is.

Now, if you were lucky and got a full 7 pieces of Seducer, or more with Weapons, then you are in a great position to use Dropped set items that you will get along the way. I do this with my leveling alts. I use 5 pieces of a crafted set, then I mix in 3 Jewelry and 2 armor pieces (typically from Delve Bosses) in a dropped set I want to use or try out. Also, using Dropped sets like this can have you explore other ways to play (regen or critical chance or large pool etc)

If you have some gold or mats, you may consider getting another Seducer Set for the L30 or whatever level you are at, and make sure it is all 7 pieces so you have mix and match flexibility with dropped sets.

Don't worry if the dropped set items are not in the perfect trait, or the training trait. As long as you have some Training your good to go.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I crafted everything because I wanted to try all the different sets. Therefore, I crafted every 4-5 levels before One Tamriel was released and usually only when the level reached the next glyph level. No reason to craft Level 28 gear when the next glyph level is 30.

I concur with the other posts that crafted weapons more than armor.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing