The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reduction In Resource Nodes?

Ashtaris
Ashtaris
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
One of my favorite farming routes is in Craglorn. Not only do I get to practice my rotation by taking on the mobs, but I also get to harvest some of the ore, cloth, wood, and other nodes in my route, with the chance to get a bit of Nirncrux here and there. It's a small route, so I got to know the location of every node in that route. This evening while on the PTS, I noticed a significant reduction in those nodes. They are not there anymore. A few remain, but not nearly as many as there use to be. Working as intended @ZOS_GinaBruno? Hopefully this is not an attempt on making the Master Crafting writs more of a grind by effectively removing possible Nirncrux nodes.

I went to Eastmarch also and although that zone seemed to be OK, I don't farm it enough to have the nodes there memorized. Anyone else notice a significant reduction in resource nodes anywhere?
  • VolvoXX
    VolvoXX
    ✭✭✭
    Checked 2 of my farming routes last week and everything looked as usual.
    PC (EU) | DC
    Legio Mortuum
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it was another PTS player that was farming as well?

Did you try the same route on an alt character ... to replicate the issue?
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VolvoXX wrote: »
    Checked 2 of my farming routes last week and everything looked as usual.

Was that in Craglorn or another location?
    Perhaps it was another PTS player that was farming as well?

Did you try the same route on an alt character ... to replicate the issue?

I thought about another player but I didn't see a soul in sight. Usually on the PTS you are lucky to see another player even in the larger cities. And I waited for quite sometime to see if those nodes would respawn, but they never did. I did not try using one of my alts so I'll try that in a bit.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked mine (in an undisclosed location), nodes are there but spawn rate was less, probably because i think only 2 or 3 players were in zone.

I hope it's not the case OP what u stated or else, grind just became grindier.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on observations, Harvest Nodes are set to either a random respawn timer or a respawn timer that is keyed to the number of people in a zone/area. I don't think it is 50/50, more whatever the World Builder decided for that area.

So, it could be the Craglorn Nodes are more keyed to number of players in a zone. I have gone up there at off times and can find little to no nodes and they never seem to respawn. I go up there at more crowded times and I notice nodes spawn more often.

The question I have is, unless your testing harvesting, why would you farm on the PTS, the Template character should give you ton of mats to work with.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As you have stated for me it would be to test harvesting. With the new mats I would sort of like to know how frequently they drop so I can more quickly make the items I wish to make. On live there will be no template toons handing out resources or other candies.... Further how do the new mats alter the ability to get nirncrux...or aetherial dust if they alter the drop rate at all for said items. Since crafters need these items it would be good to know.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS material spawns are misleading because population is extremely low compared to live servers.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless Patch Notes say something about Node Harvesting I would say that testing harvesting on the PTS is a non starter. Low population for one skewing the respawn rates of some nodes, and then the number of people who do not farm that normally would skewing that aspect.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the first I've heard of the resource nodes respawning based on the population in the area. I always thought it was just on a timer. Anyway, I did go back and check again with another alt and it seemed to be somewhat back to normal. I then brought my original character back in and although some nodes were not in their usual places, most of them were. So I'll just attribute my first experience to aliens :)