Maintenance for the week of January 27:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – January 27, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – January 27, 1:00PM EST (18:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EST (21:00 UTC)

Simple solution for ESO+ members complaining about the Upgrade.

  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO + is just a perk that incl smaller DLC's.

    There was no mention of this word "smaller" in the advertisements for ESO+. It has at somepoint CHANGED to say crown store DLCs, but very quietly.
    $39.99 is an investment if you love this game.

    I agree. But an investment means getting something back. Generally worth more than what you put in. ESO+ players believed that they were investing by subscribing, and now feel cheated because they don't get the reward they believe they were promised for that investment
    If you can afford a PC to be able to run ESO or a console you can afford saving $39.99 over four months lol

    That's... not necessarily true - you could have been given a console as a gift, or lost your job, or have traded stuff in for the console, or gotten divorced, or had kids, had a medical emergency not covered by insurance...

    I think $40 is a reasonablish price - but I disagree with your statement here.
    PS4 - EU

    Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    old_mufasa wrote: »
    I see quite a lot of people complaining about Morrowind won't be included in your ESO+ membership. The solution is SIMPLE. Don't sub for three months! Congratulations, you have now saved $44.97 :)

    Joke aside, $39.99 for an upgrade is very cheap for so much content coming with Morrowind.

    Oh really.. so much content?

    Eso+ Orsinium 20 hours comes with eso+
    all game trials free

    Eso+ Morrowind 30 hours.. have to pay an extra 40 to use...

    Please explain the "so much content coming with Morrowind"

    3 skill trees, 3 battle ground maps and a trial with almost the same content time as Orsinium.... sorry but that's not a huge amount of content.

    Think about it this way... look at the content you get with the base game you paid 60 bucks for.. 300 hours of content and 4 class's, 10 weapon skill tress, 2 guild skill trees...

    Morrowind, 30 hours of content 1 class... for 40 bucks..

    Again, no one is forcing you to pay for a SUB. You just sound entitled. You could save your sub money and invest it in this new expansion. No one is forcing you.


    It's all about the crafting bag - no one that has it wants to lose it, it is like an addiction - Zen knew exactly what they were doing when they make it ESO+ exclusive.

    At this point I find the bag useless. Haven't crafted armor in months,I sell what find,add-ons keep the junk away.
    Raising floors and lower ceilings by zos standards has created an iron maiden.
    No matter how well you played,when the game is over,the king and pawn go back in the same box.
    Be careful what you ask for from zo$, you always get punished.
    Call me toxic,your the one being slowly poisoned by greed.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see quite a lot of people complaining about Morrowind won't be included in your ESO+ membership. The solution is SIMPLE. Don't sub for three months! Congratulations, you have now saved $44.97 :)

    Joke aside, $39.99 for an upgrade is very cheap for so much content coming with Morrowind.

    Ignoring those who sub 6 month at a time, what about all the quarters since the Hist DLC when ZOS delivered no DLC yet they still subbed? Between 2016 Q4 and January 2017, they have already paid $60 for nothing but the anticipation of access to the next DLC. Sure, some are fine subbing just for crafting bags. But many are not. Many do it even though it is a more expensive way to get DLC because they love the game and are are willing to get new content drops at far from optimal prices.

    I don't know that ZOS busting out cutthroat tactics is the best strategy. It is possible that sub rates are so low that they don't care. It will be interesting to see the results of such a disloyal strategy.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    old_mufasa wrote: »
    old_mufasa wrote: »
    I see quite a lot of people complaining about Morrowind won't be included in your ESO+ membership. The solution is SIMPLE. Don't sub for three months! Congratulations, you have now saved $44.97 :)

    Joke aside, $39.99 for an upgrade is very cheap for so much content coming with Morrowind.

    Oh really.. so much content?

    Eso+ Orsinium 20 hours comes with eso+
    all game trials free

    Eso+ Morrowind 30 hours.. have to pay an extra 40 to use...

    Please explain the "so much content coming with Morrowind"

    3 skill trees, 3 battle ground maps and a trial with almost the same content time as Orsinium.... sorry but that's not a huge amount of content.

    Think about it this way... look at the content you get with the base game you paid 60 bucks for.. 300 hours of content and 4 class's, 10 weapon skill tress, 2 guild skill trees...

    Morrowind, 30 hours of content 1 class... for 40 bucks..

    Again, no one is forcing you to pay for a SUB. You just sound entitled. You could save your sub money and invest it in this new expansion. No one is forcing you.

    Please read the whole post before you post and make yourself look the fool....

    PS: read the last parts when comparing base price of the game and content vs the price of the dlc and content.

    Sorry, far from a fool. If you want to be rude, i have a report button in the bottom right of my screen thanks. If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Don't come and complain because you cannot get your priorities right. Don't sub and save your money instead. Simple.

    If $40 concerns you so much you shouldn't be playing a video game. ESO is not the first MMO out there charging for an expansion.

    You're making inflammatory comments (this whole thread is bordering on trolling), and you're insulted when someone calls you a fool?
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Preypacer wrote: »
    ...
    Expansions deliver *far* more content than DLC.
    ...

    The problem is that ZOS will have gone 3 quarters or 9 months delivering zero content for people with subs.

    Fortunately for me, I don't sub. I get everything they get, but for $135 less.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Preypacer wrote: »
    ...
    Expansions deliver *far* more content than DLC.
    ...

    The problem is that ZOS will have gone 3 quarters or 9 months delivering zero content for people with subs.

    Fortunately for me, I don't sub. I get everything they get, but for $135 less.

    And Morrowind isn't *far* more content than previous DLCs. It is only 10 hours longer than Orsinium.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question becomes, what dlc will launch in around June with the xpac? Or are they just going to tell the subies sorry, only 3 free this year, I know we said 4 a year, but we lied about that too. ill also be fairly interested in the dlc after the xpac... because well history.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    This is cheap compared to tickets to a concert and the concert is only going to be if you are lucky three hours. It's four movies. Near the same price as eight games of miniature golf. If you visit Colorado it is about the same price as a quarter ounce of decent pot.

    Looks like a bargain to me for the amount of entertainment (providing it isn't buggy as #^#%) provided.

    You know what else it is cheaper than? It is cheaper than the $135 to sub through the 3 quarters when no DLC was dropped for those with subs.

    It is bizarre that people are calling 'cheap' people who voluntarily sub while the company renegs on the quarterly DLC it set as an expectation.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My question becomes, what dlc will launch in around June with the xpac? Or are they just going to tell the subies sorry, only 3 free this year, I know we said 4 a year, but we lied about that too. ill also be fairly interested in the dlc after the xpac... because well history.

    That would be only 2 for the year. No crown store dlc for Q1. No crown store dlc for q2. So only 2 for the entire year.

    And Q4 2016, no crown store dlc.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    The price isn't the issue.

    The issue is that people feel misled. When the game went B2P, we we were told that the subscription would cover all future DLC, which would be released quarterly - in fact, this was the main selling point of the subscription. The fact that this has changed has upset many people who were subscribing in good faith that they would eventually get the content they were paying for monthly. (It will have been 9 months without paid dlc by the time morrowind comes out).

    It gives the feeling that although we've been loyal to ESO by funding it regularly (many of us buying additional crowns), ZOS has not been loyal to us by keeping their side of the bargain.

    For those that say that "It's an expansion, not DLC", I have several arguments.
    1. Actually, ZOS aren't calling it an expansion, and in the livestream, they were uncomfortable when the word was brought up. They're calling it a "Chapter"... whatever that is. But it's still content that is downloadable.
    2. On the Playstation Store, for example, there is a section for games, and a section for DLCs. There is no section for "Expansions".
    3. The following are the first lines of wikipedia for Downloadable content and Expansion Pack. They seem VERY similar:
      wikipedia wrote: »
      Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content created for a released video game
      wikipedia wrote: »
      An expansion pack, expansion set, supplement, or simply expansion is an addition to an existing role-playing game, tabletop game or video game.

    I think that £30 /$40 is a reasonable price for a large DLC. I mean... you could get ALL of Fallout 4's DLC for less than that... but still, it's not too bad.

    I'm going to preorder (the cheapest version) when it becomes available on PS4. But my subscription will no longer renew - so ZOS will actually have gotten less money from me by the time it is released than if I had kept subbing...

    They have received all quarterly DLC and will continue too, the scale of Morrowind is much larger and thus not considered quarterly DLC (Think about the fact this has probably been in development for more than 6 months at least)
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All I see here is little kids QQ over $40. Better get a job then lmao. The price is set and done. Move along.
    Edited by andreasranasen on February 1, 2017 4:13AM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see here is little kids QQ over $40. Better get a job then lmao. The price is set and done. Move along.
    Sorry, far from a fool.

    You're not making a convincing argument.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All I see here is little kids QQ over $40. Better get a job then lmao. The price is set and done. Move along.
    Sorry, far from a fool.

    You're not making a convincing argument.

    A fool doesn't cry about $40. Bye
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazon is about $48 with the discount. Save 1 month more :smile:
    xpac.png
    Edited by radiostar on February 1, 2017 4:55AM
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see quite a lot of people complaining about Morrowind won't be included in your ESO+ membership. The solution is SIMPLE. Don't sub for three months! Congratulations, you have now saved $44.97 :)

    Joke aside, $39.99 for an upgrade is very cheap for so much content coming with Morrowind.



    its not that much only 30 hours game play after 18 months of no new content
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's not enough popcorn in the world to handle the forums tonight
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • catsgomeow
    catsgomeow
    ✭✭✭
    All I see here is little kids QQ over $40. Better get a job then lmao. The price is set and done. Move along.

    And yet another person who doesnt get the point of why people are pissed off, its not about the price...

    and an edited side note, because they decide to use a currency conversion of USD=AUD for me it would cost $60.00

    Edited by catsgomeow on February 1, 2017 5:01AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates !
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SWTOR used to charge for expansions then they chose to make new content only accessible via subscription. They have done that for a second year.

    Once it is old content they do make it available to all and some are willing to wait a year.
    Really, idk
Sign In or Register to comment.