Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO "Install anywhere"

je.boots_ESO
I'm trying to install ESO, again, I double click the Install_ESO.exe the Install Anywhere loads. Then the Java page asks for permission. I accept. But then nothing happens.
  • MancusoAnthonynub18_ESO
    this is my issue to this never happened before until this year for some reason...
  • nikili
    nikili
    Having same issue. Does nothing after allowing access. Returning player.. well I thought.
    Edited by nikili on February 1, 2017 2:46AM
  • nikili
    nikili
    I found a solution that worked for me and is easy to do.

Start your PC or restart in safe mode with networking. To do this just hit your windows key + R at the same time and a run box will come up. Type in MSCONFIG(system Information).. click on the boot tab and make sure safe mode is checked as well as network. Click apply and it will ask you to restart.

Just find the Install_ESO file you have saved and install while in safe mode with networking. After you get the ESO launcher installed you can restart by going back to MSCONFIG and unchecking safe mode under the boot tab. It will ask you to restart again and now you should have the ESO Launcher installed so you can continue to download the game.

It worked for me Windows 10 64bit
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    This game is the only game I have ever played, that always have a Isseue with software after any patch.
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • TheAngryDeadman
    TheAngryDeadman
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the exact same issue. After getting past the install anywhere text box and percentage completion bar I get stuck after the Java text box. Nothing seems to happen when I allow it to get past the firewall. Please help!
  • thegreenmonkey69b14_ESO
    nikili wrote: »

Start your PC or restart in safe mode with networking. To do this just hit your windows key + R at the same time and a run box will come up. Type in MSCONFIG(system Information).. click on the boot tab and make sure safe mode is checked as well as network. Click apply and it will ask you to restart.

Just find the Install_ESO file you have saved and install while in safe mode with networking. After you get the ESO launcher installed you can restart by going back to MSCONFIG and unchecking safe mode under the boot tab. It will ask you to restart again and now you should have the ESO Launcher installed so you can continue to download the game.

I've been away from the game for awhile, and recently deecided to get back into ESO, I'll admit the Morrowind trailer piqued my interest and this was the first simple, sane post I've seen about this issue.

Thank you
  • Some_Idiot17
    Some_Idiot17
    Soul Shriven
    nikili wrote: »

This worked like a charm for me. Using Windows 10 64 bit as well and now my install ran perfectly thank you so much!
  • freddothefroggyrwb17_ESO
    Thanks the option to change msconfig to safe mode start up then run worked a treat thanks for your input
  • ruslan.zaytseveb17_ESO
    ruslan.zaytseveb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I had same issue. Although there is no need to enter safe mode to edit boot mode - you can change boot mode in normal windows environment.

Also, as I downloaded game from steam I decided to move downloaded files of game to new location where install_ESO.exe started to install game.