The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I can run 32bit but not 64bit.

RSmith9124
RSmith9124
✭✭
I can run the 32bit client but if I run the 64bit client from the launcher or through the ESO folder it just errors. How do I fix this or is the 64bit client broke?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RSmith9124 wrote: »
    How do I fix this?
    Start by telling us your hardware and software configuration ...
    shades.gif

• RSmith9124
    RSmith9124
    ✭✭
    Windows 10 64bit
    I7 4790k @ 4.5ghz
    32gb ddr3
    960gig SSD
    2 x 970's in SLI
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok good, next question:

Has the 64 bit client ever worked for you before on that machine in that configuration?
    Is this a new problem with the latest patch?

I know SLI is somewhat unstable in ESO, have you tried only running one CPU?
    idea.gif
  • RSmith9124
    RSmith9124
    ✭✭
    Yes I've tried using one gpu same results plus it doesn't effect 32 bit client. I've ran 64 bit on this same machine in the past but not since I reinstalled Windows a month ago. I've been playing World of Warcraft but I decided I don't want to keep paying $15.00 a month and wanted to try ESO again. I had a heck of a time getting the game to install then when I launched it I had to go into the launcher settings and unchecked run 64 bit client for the game to run. Never really had an issue with a game like this.
  • Ulfberht
    Ulfberht
    ✭✭
    RSmith9124 wrote: »
    I can run the 32bit client but if I run the 64bit client from the launcher or through the ESO folder it just errors. How do I fix this or is the 64bit client broke?

This exact same thing started happening to me today. I've always run the game in 64 bit with no issues since I'm using Windows 10 64 bit. Now when I try to launch the game in 64 bit I get a popup error. 32 bit works just fine though.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I ran the 64 Bit Client this morning with no issues.

So, wonder if this was a Windows Update that contributed to this issue.....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RSmith9124
    RSmith9124
    ✭✭
    Any one?
  • RSmith9124
    RSmith9124
    ✭✭
    I found the fix finally. Okay so when you install ESO it installs this thing that you see during installation called visual c++ or something along those lines. When it installs, it only installs the 32 bit version of this and not the 64 bit version. I went to Microsofts website, downloaded the 64 bit version of visual c++ and boom problem solved I can now launch the game in 64 bit. Zenimax you may want to change this to install automatically during the installation process so others can avoid the three day misery I just endured.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SLI does not work in 64 bit mode. You can test this by turning on the SLI Indicator in the Nvidia control panel.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SLI does not work in 64 bit mode. You can test this by turning on the SLI Indicator in the Nvidia control panel.

That would be strange...AMD CrossfireX works on my other system in 64 bit mode, I don't see why SLI wouldn't work...
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That would be strange...AMD CrossfireX works on my other system in 64 bit mode, I don't see why SLI wouldn't work...

How are you confirming this? I use the SLI Indicator in the Nvidia control panel to so.