The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The crown store dye stamps are so ... bland.

Acrolas
Acrolas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Some of the names are creative. But browsing over and over again, it's just another week of browns and grays with the occasional earth tone.

The randomizer feature in the dye UI is actually pretty good. Why not use that and then charge 50 or 100 for an interesting random dye combo? Somebody may not have even considered those color combinations because they never pictured it before.

And I don't get 75 at all. 50 is good if you have that extra in your crown balance that you really can't spend on anything else. But two 75s are 150 which intentionally creates an extra 50. And one 75 creates an extra 25 in your balance which is just useless for spending.

Four 50 crown dyes and four 100 crown dyes a week should do it. And if they're not all minor variations of a bland, muted palette, they might become more attractive to non-ESO+ members. As it stands now, you're wasting time thinking up clever names for combinations that just don't merit the cleverness.
signing off
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these one-time use only dyes, or can they be used over and over?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Are these one-time use only dyes, or can they be used over and over?

You can only use them once per stamp, only for costumes, and you can't control on which slot each of them go. Also it dyes your hat too if you have any on.

Yes, it is overall an unreasonably limited system. ZOS would have done better to sell them as tokens that allowed non-subs to use the dye stations for costumes once per token, if they wanted a money sink connected to costume dyeing.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I'm a color or fashion expert, but the dye stamp patterns don't mesh well and seem to clash with each other.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I bought a costume from the crown store and a few dye packs to see how they would look on the costume. Turns out, they are all awful and bland, They should just drop dye packs from the store or get more dyes with vivid colors.
    Edited by Viscous119 on January 29, 2017 1:42PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In some previous weeks they have had more vivid colours, but then they always seemed to go with overly bright, clashing colours that made whatever you were wearing look like a clown suit.

I don't understand why they bother with dye stamps. I agree with @Abeille's idea - it would have been better to sell tokens that let you dye 1 costume with any of the dyes you have unlocked.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Compton1865
    Compton1865
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Not that I'm a color or fashion expert, but the dye stamp patterns don't mesh well and seem to clash with each other.

Yes - so many of them do clash! I like the idea of the dyes, but I don't really bother with them anymore. You can do so much more customization with the unlockable in-game dyes, as opposed to the packs in the Crown Store.
    MemoFromTurner
    XB/NA/AD

Interesting in joining a vampire guild? The Strigoi Coven is looking for new recruits - shoot me a message!

"Vampires often turn on those who trust them, you know."