The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Motifs Should Be Account Wide.

SluggoV2
SluggoV2
✭✭✭
So after recently purchasing a motif I realized that it was not account wide. I think that if you are purchasing a motif with crowns it should be account wide. Mounts, pets, etc. are account based, why not motifs? I honestly could care less about the achievements tied to them, they could be made active for farmed items only. I recently switched Alliances and now my former "main" is only a dedicated crafter since I cant delete that character and use my new characters for crafting those motifs.
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand why they might do this, but I can also say with certainty that making them account wide would significantly increase the likeliness I'd buy them.

Take yesterday for example. I didn't want to farm Assassin's League motifs to get a few I wanted, so I nearly bought the crown version. But then it occurred to me, they aren't account wide. So I farmed instead and it took me about 30 mins to get what I wanted.
  • KhemSihr
    KhemSihr
    ✭✭✭
    Item Purchases from the Crown Store for Character "use" are different from Account : Downloadable Content < DLC purchases.
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup bought a few motif on my main. It's essentially what's holding me back from creating an alt.
  • rakrynaz
    rakrynaz
    ✭✭
    I'm with OP on this for sure.

I bought the Frostcaster motif the other week to then find out that motifs aren't account-wide.

Fortunately I found out shortly after otherwise I would have blown AT LEAST 15k - 20k crowns on a load of them.

But unless ZOS changes this I would rather flush my money than spend it on character-bound stuff.
  • SluggoV2
    SluggoV2
    ✭✭✭
    Item Purchases from the Crown Store for Character "use" are different from Account : Downloadable Content < DLC purchases.

I expected someone to post something like this... no where on the motif description does say character bound. Ironically, the Mimic stones are for shared.

Need to turn this into a petition seeing as how the latest motif offered is at the 6000 crown mark.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am already against them selling motifs on the crown store but if they were to do this I would want them to either increase the crown price for them OR make all motifs account bound; not just the ones from the crown store.

Just my opinion.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am generally against any cries for "moar account wide" stuff. But in this case... at those prices... I believe shelling out that many crowns should allow you to draw a zero-value, account bound style book for as often as you desire, so each and every of your alts can learn the bougfht style is they choose.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    I am already against them selling motifs on the crown store but if they were to do this I would want them to either increase the crown price for them OR make all motifs account bound; not just the ones from the crown store.

Just my opinion.

Good point actually

So can we say crown is any server wide and regular motif are account wide in one server?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SluggoV2 wrote: »
    I recently switched Alliances and now my former "main" is only a dedicated crafter since I cant delete that character and use my new characters for crafting those motifs.

There may or may not be an official position on this, but have you tried submitting a CS ticket and asking to have the motif moved to your new crafter? CS should be able to easily create the motif but might have to refer motif removal from the original character to a dev.

You're in a genuine pickle and it's not like it would be reasonable for anyone to buy every limited time motif for all of their characters in case of something like this. So from a good customer service perspective I'd think they'd want to help you out.
  • islander1
    islander1
    Wow, they aren't???

That's insane. I'm glad I saw this thread. For the prices they charge, there's no way I could see buying them for character only.