Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Furnishing Mats from Survey Maps?

Flak
Flak
✭✭✭✭
So in addition to doing writs every day I'll also have to go farm normal mats next patch?
Seriously, I think that's a horrible decision. You are making Housing an insane grind and the only reason for this that I can imagine is to push everyone into taking the easy way over the Crownstore.
I'm doing writs on a lot of chars and my normal droprate is abit lower than 1 survey map per char. Each of these maps contain around 5 nodes so the amount of new mats from maps would already be very low.
Please reconsider this.

Greets Flák

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
All Pact

YouTube
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, and it's another inconsistency that will no doubt cause confusion for new players
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree. If they want to make it so that any stockpiled writs (from before the Update goes live) don't drop the furniture mats, then ok - so be it. However, making it so that Surveys never drop them at all is a low blow. Surveys have 6 nodes... it appears that the average drop rate thus far on PTS is 1 in 10 nodes (when farming nodes in any zone). Having that same 10% chance for Surveys would hardly be a problem in any sense of the word.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Whiphid
    Whiphid
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sucks, majorly.

Could they at least increase the drop rate to, say, 100% for normal nodes then?
    Or make nodes act as containers, where we are not in direct competition with other players.

I can already imagine the horrors of having to farm 50 nodes to make 1 chair, and having the constant speed race to the nodes to beat all the other farming players, or worse, seeing others take away all the nodes in front of you.

Is this the new "world PvP"?
    One land! One Emperor! Who among you will stand with me?

PS4/EU - Breton Sorcerer / Breton Healplar / Khajiit Stamblade / Khajiit Stamplar / Altmer SorcTank
    Grand Master Crafter and Guild Master of the Aetherium Alliance.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's to make the grind longer so that

1) You give up and just buy from the Crown Store

and

2) It make the very little content that is being added last as long as possible.
    Argonian forever
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This feels like it was added solely to keep those with hoarded surveys from flooding the market when the update goes live. I get it. I don't like it. I do see why they might take this approach though. It would be nice if they just came out and said it.
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    We´re writing this since 2-3 weeks everytime as Feedback-no reaction till now. Atm NOBODY will be able to make ANYTHING for housing, cause he needs the new Mats, which drop between 1/10 and 1/15 per node. SO need to farm 50-150 Nodes to craft ONE chair or anything.
    Surveys NEED to drop the new mats, especilly the old ones.
    Or housing is dead the first day coming.
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where I don't think this will kill housing it will certainly temper the enthusiasm.

Make the new surveys a new item ID and only allow the new version of the surveys drop the new mats if your worried about stockpiling giving some people a head start.

Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this is a bummer. I've been saving up some surveys, but I never really expected to get huge results out of them or anything. Maybe enough to craft one or two pieces of furniture, assuming I found any plans I liked.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. I've been QQ'ing to ZOS for the last 2 weeks about the fact the crafting surveys are bugged except alchemy and could not believe my eyes when I read the patch notes earlier. Laziest 'fix' I've ever seen. Makes me wonder if Zenimax is just like a Bethesda post grad training camp or something.

I am glad to see the community stressing this to ZoS and I hope for everyones sake come the live patch notes, under the '*' for the notes added since last (or in this case this) PTS patch I see this change reverted and the initial bug (because I am pretty sure it was a bug and originally designed for the materials to drop on all professions) fixed.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS wants the new furnishing mats to be ultra rare and expensive.

If they weren't, you wouldn't go spending 200 Crowns on a mug or 400 Crowns on a potted plant, now would you?
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    ZOS wants the new furnishing mats to be ultra rare and expensive.

If they weren't, you wouldn't go spending 200 Crowns on a mug or 400 Crowns on a potted plant, now would you?

The new mats are not that rare, still id say its a 1/10 drop rate or so, yes i agree it is a grind since the schematics are a pain to get combined with the amount of mats you need.

One Tamriel's RNG drop rate was horrible and set grinding was absolutely rubbish (and still is), this is the same thing only with Schematics and materials.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Flak
    Flak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I have to admit I have to admit I have close to 200 Survey Maps stored myself, I get why they don't want that tho.
    Just change the itemcode like you did with the writcontainers and it would be fine.

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
    Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
    Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
    Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
    Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
    Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
    Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
    Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
    Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
    All Pact

YouTube
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's annoying that survey maps don't allow it but I can understand why they're doing it. As with every PTS release where something can be gained by spending the months before hoarding X item everyone in touch with the game is doing it.

I feel they could do nothing from surveys for launch then sneak the materials in with a patch a month or two down the line with no announcement, this would mean we get what we want but people won't be aware of the coming change until the patch notes go live and the servers are offline.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    It's annoying that survey maps don't allow it but I can understand why they're doing it. As with every PTS release where something can be gained by spending the months before hoarding X item everyone in touch with the game is doing it.

I feel they could do nothing from surveys for launch then sneak the materials in with a patch a month or two down the line with no announcement, this would mean we get what we want but people won't be aware of the coming change until the patch notes go live and the servers are offline.

Or they could just do what Flak said and alter the item code for new surveys like the master writ boxes. That way we don't have to farm nodes for a month or two.

Regardless I am pretty sure stockpiling is not the reason they made the change. As can see from the notes, new mats were dropping with alchemy surveys. The others were clearly bugged as numerous people have reported to no reply from the devs for 2 weeks, until yesterdays change. Can only assume with the focus on new whatever we'll see at 7pm GMT tonight, they want housing under wraps asap and lazy fixes, well more like work arounds are a sure fire way to do that.

PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We´re writing this since 2-3 weeks everytime as Feedback-no reaction till now. Atm NOBODY will be able to make ANYTHING for housing, cause he needs the new Mats, which drop between 1/10 and 1/15 per node. SO need to farm 50-150 Nodes to craft ONE chair or anything.

I'm pretty sure it will be like that. On the first day people will buy a house, either with gold or with crowns. Then they will enter an empty house and think: 'cool, now it's the decoration time!'. So in all their hope they will go to the crafting station to craft some furniture and then... 'Oops, I don't have any mats for this'. So they will go farming and be crafting one chair per day. Is there any joy in this? Even if some people consider housing as a "long term project"? I lost all my enthusiasm for housing when I found out that furniture and decoration will be the biggest grind in the game. And I agree with statements that housing on the PTS is and will be much more fun...
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Housing and moving in should be a process, no doubt about that. Imagine if we set our homes in few days? That would truly be bad. And no fun.

Same like vampirism - you can buy it in the store (duh!) but then you will miss the experience of getting the vampirism, meeting with the mother of all vampires in a spooky catacombs and a nice quest behind it. It's a choice. By all my heart I'm for the later - never ever buy that kind of stuff in the store, you're missing the point of the game.

That being said, none should just spend days finding the mats for a chair.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is an outrage!
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    ^ Housing and moving in should be a process, no doubt about that. Imagine if we set our homes in few days? That would truly be bad. And no fun.

Same like vampirism - you can buy it in the store (duh!) but then you will miss the experience of getting the vampirism, meeting with the mother of all vampires in a spooky catacombs and a nice quest behind it. It's a choice. By all my heart I'm for the later - never ever buy that kind of stuff in the store, you're missing the point of the game.

That being said, none should just spend days finding the mats for a chair.

Most people completed TG and DB in a few days and those were also, like housing, an update (DLC). Houses will be rather empty within many weeks after launch and they shouldn't be. It's an update to the game for gods sake, not a moving in to a real house. That's why all these arguments like "houses are expensive"/"furniture is expensive and time consuming"/"moving in should be a process" are nothing but absurd. Of course in real life there is such a thing, but it's only a game/update we should enjoy from day one.

I don't want to give us all the mats straight after the launch of homestead just to be able to craft everything on day one and furnish/decorate a house in 100% on day one. Just more ways of acquiring these mats would be welcome. You can have your "process of moving in" to last for months, but only if you aim for purchasing more houses, but if only one - then NO.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flak wrote: »
    Well I have to admit I have to admit I have close to 200 Survey Maps stored myself.

Why do you store survey maps? I always use them ASAP, so I can get the delicious materials.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid. Rather than being a nice thing it should be a refining thing. This make farming or grinding surveys equal, the same way upgrade mats work now.

It'll also reward more skill points invested in crafting which in turn rewards dedicated crafters which was why the master writs idea had been suggested so much by the community in the first place.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will have enough time to farm whatever mats you need well before you will have plans you want....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are just poor players, barely able to feed ourselves. Look at all these rich tavern and house owners with their palaces jammed with tables, chairs, and all manner of decorations. Even the lowest of the shacks in the middle of nowhere display wealth that we, the poor players, can only dream of.

Seriously folks, we need to learn our place in this world. Ours is to kill monsters at the beck and call of our masters, the inhabitants of Tamriel. Even the lowest squatter, living in the most disgusting hovel, is richer than we are, and flaunts it with their furnishings and decorations.

This whole thread is just class envy. Down, you filthy dogs. Go out and fight some monster.

:smile:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    This feels like it was added solely to keep those with hoarded surveys from flooding the market when the update goes live. I get it. I don't like it. I do see why they might take this approach though. It would be nice if they just came out and said it.

and what is wrong with hoarding surveys? if you choose to fill up your bags with surveys to get a bit more of the new mats, then you should be able to do so. imo it has nothing to do with hoarded surveys and everything to do with frustrating the crap outta you so you buy furniture with crowns. yet another reason i am not a subscriber. i dont appreciate the squeeze attempt. oh and that is also the reason you dont get storage in your home. pushing you to the crafting bag to free up space in your inventory. and that, of course, requires sub money.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it will be like that. On the first day people will buy a house, either with gold or with crowns. Then they will enter an empty house and think: 'cool, now it's the decoration time!'. So in all their hope they will go to the crafting station to craft some furniture and then... 'Oops, I don't have any mats for this'. So they will go farming and be crafting one chair per day. Is there any joy in this? Even if some people consider housing as a "long term project"? I lost all my enthusiasm for housing when I found out that furniture and decoration will be the biggest grind in the game. And I agree with statements that housing on the PTS is and will be much more fun...

all i have is my free hovel right now and i will keep it a long time until i can make enough furniture for a larger one. surely not gonna dump gold into a house i cannot furnish in a reasonable time. oh and let's not forget "guild" halls. the whining to obtain and furnish them, too. and who actually owns said hall? not the guild. the guild leader. what happens if the guild disbands? he keeps all. what happens if you donated money to get it or furnishing, etc and for some reason he decides he dunt like you? ur outta luck, sucker.