The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

[BUG]Furnishing Items from Pickpocketing Drop Rate Lowered?

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
In 2.7.3 the notes said that the chance to receive furniture related items (patterns or actual furnishings) was increased and I had great fun seeing what type of NPC had what in their pockets.

I got 5 furnishing related items in 200 pockets picked. (and after that I had stopped counting, but continued to pickpocket furnishing related things all week)

Tonight I have picked 400 pockets so far and NO furnishing related items were looted!

I am wondering if the drop rate has been decreased? if so, was that on purpose? 400 pockets and no furnishing related things is pretty poor:(
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds fishy, the patch notes say they increased the chance
    • Increased the chance to receive furnishing-related rewards from criminal activities like pickpocketing and murder.
    • Increased the chance to receive Provisioning Recipes from criminal activities like pickpocketing and murder.

Edit to add: not sure if they mean Provisioning Recipes or Furnishing
    Edited by ixie on January 31, 2017 3:46AM
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "furnishing related items" do you mean BLUEPRINTS?

Because I stole over 200 items (chests, crates, pickpocket, etc) and never got anything but blueprints.

However the drop rate was about the same. I think I got 3 (blueprints) in 200 or so. But I'm notoriously unlucky with drop rates.

Basically, I've yet to find an actual furnishing in stealing probably 500 items in the last two patches. Even items called "furnishings" weren't actually usable furnishings.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:

I have now picked 1000 pockets and obtained 2 furniture patterns and 1 furnishing item. This is in stark contrast to 2.7.3 where (when I was counting) I stole 5 furnishing related items (pattern or furnishing) in 200 pockets picked. I don't know if it is relevant but both patterns were pickpocketed in Vulkhel Guard, Auridon and the item (Rough Bread, Morsel) in Sentinel, A'likr Desert.

@tribbsb16_ESO Those are from the 2.7.3 patch notes aren't they? I am speaking about the current patch 2.7.4 and it almost seems as that increase has been reversed...

@willlienellson When identifying a "Furnishing" item you need to look in the top left corner of the tooltip. If it says "Treasure" that is just vendor fodder. If it says "Furnishing" then it can be placed in a house. The flavour text on stolen treasures has NOTHING to do with whether it can be used in a house or not.

So, I did steal for quite some time as I needed to pick a total of 1000 pockets for my test just in case I was having terrible luck. In this time I did manage to get from Dresser/Wardrobe/Desk/Nightstand/Cabinet/Urn 10 furnishing patterns and 1 furnishing item (Common Inkwell, Practical). I was also very lucky and got 2 patterns from murdered npcs - these were npcs who caught me pickpocketing and became Hostile. I have not murdered enough npcs to give a drop rate.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    @tribbsb16_ESO Those are from the 2.7.3 patch notes aren't they? I am speaking about the current patch 2.7.4 and it almost seems as that increase has been reversed...

The quote I gave about increasing the chance of furnishing related rewards from pickpocketing and murder was from 2.7.4 notes, from your testing and my own limited experience it seems to have decreased dramatically from 2.7.3
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight