Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Change magelight to pull you out of cloak

ManDraKE
ManDraKE
✭✭✭✭✭
20% less damage on ganks. Simple QoL change for PvP

btw: my main for pvp is a stamblade.
Edited by ManDraKE on January 30, 2017 2:37PM
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭
    no
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

Officer of DRUCKWELLE (druckwelle-hq.de)
    Proud Member of Aquila Raiders - Raidgroup Hydra

~ Dro-m'Athra Destroyer ~
    ~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

vMoL HM (Nuke); vSO HM; vHRC HM; vAA HM; vDSA - cleared
    vMSA - cleared on all classes mag+stam
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better change: mage light only gives 20% empower damage bonus to the next magicka ability cast.

It's a mage guild skill. If we can't get a magicka morph of dawnbreaker, I don't see why stam nightblades can use mage light to empower stam abilities.
  • Special_Bradley
    Special_Bradley
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Better change: mage light only gives 20% empower damage bonus to the next magicka ability cast.

It's a mage guild skill. If we can't get a magicka morph of dawnbreaker, I don't see why stam nightblades can use mage light to empower stam abilities.
    Brilliant idea :smile:
    Ebonheart Loyalist - Xbox One EU

High Elf Magicka Sorcerer - Yeldarb The White
    High Elf Magicka Templar - Selena Moretz
    Nord Magicka Templar - Defencive Statue
    Argonian Magicka Templar - Julacules
    Dark Elf Magicka Dragon Knight - Yeld The Fire Lord
    Breton Magicka Night Blade - Chloe Gomez
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah i agree with you on that, empowered dawnbreakers with that thing are not ok, but that would be a more "controversial" change. What i proposed is more targeted to solve an specific issue (ganking), withouth affecting anything else
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 30, 2017 3:06PM
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what exactly is wrong with ganking?
    Should we all go zerg? No thx
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xerton wrote: »

Ganking was a thing before magelight, and is going to keep being a thing after nerfing magelight. Is just that is too powerful atm, it needs to be tuned down a little. A ganking affect more solo and small scale players, than zergling protected by a 40 man group
  • Ryan1704
    Ryan1704
    ✭✭✭
    Dont really like that you said ganking was a specific issue since there are much worse things than ganking in this game. Also it is still a playstyle might not be the most loved but it's still their for those who don't like running in a zerg or being zergged down.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryan1704 wrote: »
    Dont really like that you said ganking was a specific issue since there are much worse things than ganking in this game. Also it is still a playstyle might not be the most loved but it's still their for those who don't like running in a zerg or being zergged down.

i played a gank build for half a year. I'm not against the playstyle, i'm agaisnt being so powerful atm. If i can kill a 30k hp heavy armor tank in a 1second burst, what is left for the 20k-ish medium armor build?

You can still gank people withouth magelight.
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 30, 2017 3:24PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I strongly disagree that the Empower should only apply to magicka-based damage. You are comparing apples to oranges here. The Empower comes from the Might of the Guild passive. You can wield a sword and still use magicka and be a member of the Mages Guild just like in previous TES games. FYI magicka builds get a lot of benefit from Fighters Guild passives too.

Empower is also a generic buff - you could even Empower a CFrag with a Wrecking Blow if you want (not saying that's a smart way to play, lol, just making a point).

I agree with the OP though that casting Magelight should break stealth/invisibility. I actually suggested this on the forums a couple weeks ago and got a message from Wrobel to say he saw the thread, was interested in the suggestion, and would discuss it with the combat team. So it's very possible they will change it, but who knows.
    Edited by Solariken on January 30, 2017 3:18PM
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I agree with the OP though that casting Magelight should break stealth/invisibility. I actually suggested this on the forums a couple weeks ago and got a message from Wrobel to say he saw the thread, was interested in the suggestion, and would discuss it with the combat team. So it's very possible they will change it, but who knows.

Pics or it didn't happen
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20170130-104031.png?dl=0

There you go @Xerton.

They've been more attentive to player feedback lately and have been trying to foster a relationship with the community. Rich Lambert has been especially interactive.

EDIT: please do not use this screenshot as a license to blow up the devs' personal inbox with messages - all normal feedback should be posted and discussed on the public forums. I did not message him directly, the thread to which he is referring is "Some balance opportunities I hope you don't miss" and you can find it by clicking on my profile.
    Edited by Solariken on January 30, 2017 3:59PM
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't rly see how this should refer to any changes with magelight, but ok :)
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not seening the issue honestly.
    Ambush grants empower too so really it just makes it so that only NBs can gank, which is already the case. This change would do NOTHING.
    Argonian forever
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No.
    Ganking is unique to ESO and it is also very one-sided. Don't be ridiculous, insta-killing a person out of nowhere is bad combat design.
    If you want small scale combat, what's keeping you from challenging single people in open combat? Right, they could retaliate.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ambush grants empower too so really it just makes it so that only NBs can gank, which is already the case. This change would do NOTHING.

So does wrecking blow.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if you open with ambush instead of heavy attack, you gank will be far less powerful. Ganking builds usually open with an empowered 10k+ heavy attack, that grants another 10% dmg for the next attack (2h passive), usually an incap. Magelight is also being used to empower the 2h ultimate that is hitting 30k+ on heavy armor users.

Magelight makes a big difference.
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 30, 2017 4:50PM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xerton wrote: »

wgajDgM.jpg

bBPd6Hu.jpg
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on January 30, 2017 4:55PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some may not remember, but back in 1.7 I believe, magelight was changed to not proc might of the guild,. It didn't really effect ganking.

I have no idea when it was reverted back, as I took a break when thieves guild dropped.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey changed it to not work with magelight and the for some odd reason when they changed magelight to detect they added it back.

Make magelight not grant the empower again please. It's a much needed balance.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toning down stealth ganks requires 2 changes:

1. Magelight change described above.
    2. Getting rid of heavy attack stun from stealth.

Magelight change alone will not be enough imo.
  • Ryan1704
    Ryan1704
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

No.
    Ganking is unique to ESO and it is also very one-sided. Don't be ridiculous, insta-killing a person out of nowhere is bad combat design.
    If you want small scale combat, what's keeping you from challenging single people in open combat? Right, they could retaliate.

Just my opinion I dont personally see it as one of the major issues this game has. To be fair insta killing can happen wether its from a ganker or someone running heavy armour and proc sets. The only reason ganking is more prominant right now is due to all the other imbalances in the game. Rgarding your comment saying if YOU want small scale. Why is this being made about me in particular and how do you know i dont enjoy fighting people in open combat. My original comment doesnt even remotely state that I solely gank
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or you know you can run the other morph to reduce that damage by 20%. or you can use shields. not run across ganker alley with no buffs up. you can block it since you can here the animation even when in stealth. you can hear the snipe animation. there are many ways to counter ganking. I think the last successful gank on me was done by elder trolls. 9/10 it is a failed gank cause i am prepared for it.
  • Ryan1704
    Ryan1704
    ✭✭✭
    Or if your on pc download that addon that allows you to effectively see when your enemy is buffing up and about to attack. Slightly cheating but its an option
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does no one pay attention in PvP? you can hear heavy attacks from stealth, the game gives you an audio que. Just block the heavy attack and the gank will failed
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does no one pay attention in PvP? you can hear heavy attacks from stealth, the game gives you an audio que. Just block the heavy attack and the gank will failed

plus combat music starts giving a heads up.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mages use Rearming Trap to get Minor Force buff, I dont see any problems if stamina use mage abilities since they cost magicka for them.

I more like to see magic morph of Trapping Webs thats work like it was before.
  • PrinceRyzen
    PrinceRyzen
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. A plea nerf Magelight and take 20% less damage.

Considering that equipping said skill reduces damage taken from stealth 50% AND allows you to prevent people from returning to stealth, I find the irony quite funny.

Those who want to do more damage from stealth... equip magelight.

Those who want to take less damage from stealth... equip magelight.

Such imbalance
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't Radiant Magelight already reduce the gank damage 50%?
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    20% less damage on ganks. Simple QoL change for PvP

btw: my main for pvp is a stamblade.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

No.

Wait so insta killing someone out of nowhere is not ok but insta killing someone with an assassin's scourge followed by an incap (which both land at the same time) on a full heavy 30k resist nightblade is ok? Nice one mate.