Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Troll King

Bislobo
Bislobo
✭✭✭
This set is overperforming, consider tweaking it before live, it's worse than malubeth already. People can pull off crazy amounts of survivability with this set on.
Edited by Bislobo on January 30, 2017 5:52PM
Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too late to consider a change.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol troll king doesnt give that much survivability haha. dont confuse either 1. low dps/penetration opponent or 2. a permablock tank as somehow troll king is too op. a single dps can take out a high health regen tank by themselves if they are not blocking.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    lol troll king doesnt give that much survivability haha. dont confuse either 1. low dps/penetration opponent or 2. a permablock tank as somehow troll king is too op. a single dps can take out a high health regen tank by themselves if they are not blocking.

3-4k hp regen from a 2 piece set. Yeah not OP at all.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's useless on vamps and the 1p bonus is also not that great. But yeah, it does need a nerf, especially on heavy armor builds.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

First of all is around 2k regen, and regen ticks every 2 seconds, so is like 1k hp per second, not even close to a vigor tick. Is also useless vs burst damage, is a perfect set for open world, specially for medium armor builds to have some way of healing back when pressured.

If you do a full regen build it may be to strong? yeah, but the build will be also a useless tank. Currently there are a plethora of ways of creating inmortal tanks, one more dosn't change anything.
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 30, 2017 2:46PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

First of all is around 2k regen, and regen ticks every 2 seconds, so is like 1k hp per second, not even close to a vigor tick. Is also useless vs burst damage, is a perfect set for open world, specially for medium armor builds to have some way of healing back when pressured.

If you do a full regen build it may be to strong? yeah, but the build will be also a useless tank. Currently there are a plethora of ways of creating inmortal tanks, one more dosn't change anything.

Well with the right race + hp regen pot buff it's close to 2.5k - 3k.

Which is 1k-1.5k regen every second basically, which can't be debuff'd.

Plus you proc this on other people..

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but that is not the troll king giving you the 2.5k-3k, you literaly said "3-4khp regen from a 2 pieces set". Is the same than doing a full healing build and complaining that BoL is too strong.

About proc'ing in other people, i agree is too strong, it should only proc on you. ZoS designed the set healers to support players around them, but is actually ideal for solo players, so i really don't see this happening. IMO they should change the set to proc only on the caster, and done, no zerg empowering set.
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 30, 2017 3:02PM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see a set that does no damage need nerfed... great. if you cannot kill people using troll king then it's not going to help anyone kill people whatsoever.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troll king scales really poorly with numbers. Its only really strong against 2 targets or less.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 30, 2017 3:28PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone using malubeth before will now switch to troll king and realize it is actually much strong than malubeth. The set is crazy how well it performs.

This set and the pirate skeleton one need to both be tweaked.

Troll Kings needs the amount of health regen it does lowered a bit.
    Pirate Skeleton needs to not work on reducing dmg that shields take.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Troll King gives 1500 regen which is 750 extra health a second. This set also only procs once you get below 60% health. The fact that you have to give up a 2 piece just to use it, makes it more than reasonable.

Also the only type of player that would really benefit from this monster set is a stamblade since they have the worst survivability in the game. Everyone else either has major mending or dark deal.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's useless on vamps and the 1p bonus is also not that great. But yeah, it does need a nerf, especially on heavy armor builds.

A friend of mine gets 2.5k health reg with that on and vampire undeath passive. Trust me mate, it's even more op on vampires, given you can play them ;)
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set's got a well deserved name
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

A friend of mine gets 2.5k health reg with that on and vampire undeath passive. Trust me mate, it's even more op on vampires, given you can play them ;)

Does Vampire reduce the health reg of Troll King at all? Sounds more like a bug to me.

I don't think people complain about Troll King on medium armor builds. Keep in mind that heavy armor can use it too and it's super broken on these builds (they are already broken without it tbh).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can pair Troll King with Orgnum's Scales and still build for decent spike damage.

The only issue with health regen is that there is not a good mechanic for reducing it (heal debuffs don't affect it).
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used few weeks automaton/troll king/knight errant with my orc sorc and i was able to get over 4k regen. It's really overperforming,especially on nb (high survivability+high burst+high regen).
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    I used few weeks automaton/troll king/knight errant with my orc sorc and i was able to get over 4k regen. It's really overperforming,especially on nb (high survivability+high burst+high regen).

Sounds like crap damage with that setup
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll King gives 1500 regen which is 750 extra health a second. This set also only procs once you get below 60% health. The fact that you have to give up a 2 piece just to use it, makes it more than reasonable.

Also the only type of player that would really benefit from this monster set is a stamblade since they have the worst survivability in the game. Everyone else either has major mending or dark deal.

The set is so retardedly good if pirate skeleton for some reason really gets nerfed (i don´t think it´s overperforming only with shields - i think it´s too strong in general) - i´m going to slap on trollking on my sorc in a heartbeat.

I´d make pirate skeleton provide permanent minor protection without a procc.
    I´d switch the bonuses of orgnums scales and trollking.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

but that is not the troll king giving you the 2.5k-3k, you literaly said "3-4khp regen from a 2 pieces set". Is the same than doing a full healing build and complaining that BoL is too strong.

About proc'ing in other people, i agree is too strong, it should only proc on you. ZoS designed the set healers to support players around them, but is actually ideal for solo players, so i really don't see this happening. IMO they should change the set to proc only on the caster, and done, no zerg empowering set.

Yeah multipliers and base hp regen may not be part of the set but the fact is that when the set procs and the multipliers start kicking ur hp regen skyrockets to those numbers mentioned. We are talking about vigor ticks that cant be debuffed and they are always up when u need them. And thats for just a 2 piece set which hardly takes away much of ur dmg. It promotes cancer builds and that stupid burst meta even more and it makes certain builds very tanky when they shouldnt be tanky. Just like proc sets giving tanks huge burst when they shouldnt have that. Sets like that are big reasons why the balance of the game is out of control.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 30, 2017 8:22PM
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF troll king is a problem, so is a plethora of other sets. Zenimax made a ton of very good 2 and 5 piece bonuses to promote gear grinding. Nerf them all or don't nerf any of them....

• Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troll King is in a good spot, but again what you gain on regen or sustain, you lose it on damage.
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is hp regen buffed by mending or vitality? If not, then it doesn't matter that it isn't nerfed but healing debuffs. It adds about 1700 more hp regen if you pop a pot with it. That'd be 850 hp/s. It's only strong if you build for it and stack stats, in which case many things in this game are broken.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How could it be called troll king if it doesn't do at least enough for you to troll some people
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »

Checked some old videos,9k puncture tooltip full buff. Also,you guys should really try trollking+beekeper+viper on a nb. I dont play nb but few friends runs that build and it's ridiculous.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IF troll king is a problem, so is a plethora of other sets. Zenimax made a ton of very good 2 and 5 piece bonuses to promote gear grinding. Nerf them all or don't nerf any of them....

Im gonna go with nerf them all. The difference between the sets that have been in the game for years and the new sets is hilarious. Hundings rage used to be like the best set when it comes to dmg and putting it on meant that u have to give up ur sustain. And with every patch now, more OP sets are coming in the game. Sets that give 400 dmg, 500 dmg , 600 dmg, 700 dmg. Proc sets. Sets that give 7k magicka, 6k stamina, 7-8k hp, 1-2k regen. Oh heavy armor is the meta. Great, give them penetration. 2k pen, 4k pen, 5k pen. Buffs/debuffs now that give 800 regen. Stamblades facetanking people. Stam DKs one shotting people. Like where the hell are we going. How long before we start seeing sets that give 1k+ dmg. The funniest thing is that everyone run different combinations of those sets but at the end of the day all builds are the same crap no matter what class you play. Infinite sustain, huge burst, ridiculous survivability.
    But ofc they are not going to nerf every single set so at this point the only thing that will save us is either softcaps or a complete rework of CP. Or both.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Checked some old videos,9k puncture tooltip full buff. Also,you guys should really try trollking+beekeper+viper on a nb. I dont play nb but few friends runs that build and it's ridiculous.

I currently run 5x Orgnum, 5x Green Pact and 2x Troll King on my Sap Tank, with the Blue HP + HP Regen Food from Wrothgar.

A lot of fun: 40k HP, 1.5k Mag Regen, 5080 HP Regen when both sets proc,...

Anyway, I don't think the set needs a nerf tho. You're sacrificing an offensive monster set for a set that gives HP Regen which by itself isn't that strong. It's only strong when combined with other HP Regen sets like the ones I mentioned, or with Beekeeper but even then, your damage output is gonna suffer

"The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Does Vampire reduce the health reg of Troll King at all? Sounds more like a bug to me.

I don't think people complain about Troll King on medium armor builds. Keep in mind that heavy armor can use it too and it's super broken on these builds (they are already broken without it tbh).

It doesn't, hence why it's so broken with vampire lol. Undeath and trollking means that you literally never die unless you're 1 hit from 60%.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trollking is literally like granting everyone whom you heal a Rapid Regeneration cast with possibly 100% uptime, that also can be boosted.
    Since Troll King is from Vvardenfell and Vvardenfell is so hyped right now - just imagine that you weild the power of Vvardenfell itself! B)
    Next update it either bugged or fixed but it works even worse with vampire's hp depression - i.e. almost not working.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. Look at viper, look at trollking, look at pirate skeleton and velidreth....the list goes on. The gear change they made in 1T made tanking and burst way too extreme. I rly, rly miss the days of base stats and softcaps(kinda softcaps)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there are some ridiculous cheaters in this game right now claiming to be running Troll King, but the math behind their builds doesn't bare out the performance they achieve.

I'm not convinced Troll King needs a nerf.

The only "OP" players (that I've encountered) that claim to run it are people I am completely convinced (through extended study of their gameplay) to be dirty scumbag cheaters.
    Edited by willlienellson on January 31, 2017 10:19AM