Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why changing the way back-bar buffs work ?

• covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Tested transmutation + lich + bsw. All buffs remain active.

Can you also test alchemist is possible?

Sorry - i´ve crashed two times trying to get to the crafting station... :(

@covenant_merchant which sets did you test this with? Did you maybe test lich out of combat (because the lich regeneration does not work ooc)?

lich, burning spellweaver, and clever alchemist.

Though for some like Ryano, Lich works fine. Alchemist and burning however, do not. Nor do vMSA staves.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@covenant_merchant which sets did you test this with? Did you maybe test lich out of combat (because the lich regeneration does not work ooc)?

Though for some like Ryano, Lich works fine. Alchemist and burning however, do not. Nor do vMSA staves.

do you have a master's bow for test?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bsw + lich did carry over fine for me (tested dmg/healing and regeneration).

Seems like a really weird bug. I don´t loose the buffs aswell.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Alchemist worked fine for me (used crown store potions). Did you test the damage on some opponents? I did not check the tooltip but my damage was definitely increased with alchemist proc, maybe it's just a tooltip bug?
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have got to be kidding me, *** sake.

Unnecessary nerf, like really you just *** a lot of builds with that

@Waffennacht @IzakiBrotherSs you guys use alchemist/lich what you think about this

I'm just wondering if maelstrom dual wield, bow and destro are affected....
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Where is that in the patchnotes? da f
    Alcast wrote: »
    Maelstrom still works

All of em or just destro?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    It didn't change, what's the panic in this thread about? I tested all of the mentioned sets myself this afternoon and they still work as before.

Dat forum hysteria :smiley:
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    It didn't change, what's the panic in this thread about? I tested all of the mentioned sets myself this afternoon and they still work as before.

Dat forum hysteria :smiley:

LOL.... OP went all chicken little on us... :smiley:
    Playing since beta...
  • EpicSpaceMoose
    So if you activate a synergy with a 5 piece moondancer on the front bar and then swap to the back bar to apply blockade for example, will you lose the moondancer proc? @Alcast - have you tested this?
    Edited by EpicSpaceMoose on January 30, 2017 4:06PM
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool, now they only need to remove animation cancelling and the carry over off skills from back bar. i mean having 1 bar for only buffs then second for skills only is counter really to the idea of why we have 2 bars, to change focus of our role. i.e. go from damage to healer, healer to tank, or tank to dps ect, or single target focus to aoe focus things like that. it was never intended for it to be buff and active skills bar. and lets face it, take away animation canceling there will no longer be as much lag in high activity fights like pvp, it will take real skill to do trials as well as pvp, and frankly, a game that allows the bypass of mechanics intended to allow the strongest skills that require stronger countermeasures to actually be responded to.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    So if you activate a synergy with a 5 piece moondancer on the front bar and then swap to the back bar to apply blockade for example, will you lose the moondancer proc? @Alcast - have you tested this?

No you won't. Everything works fine.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    Won't be using the lich set anymore if this comes to live. That's the same character that's currently ice DPS which is also dead. Might as well just start again.

THIS

what did my iceblade ever do to anyone????? why so much hate for her?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Won't be using the lich set anymore if this comes to live. That's the same character that's currently ice DPS which is also dead. Might as well just start again.

THIS

If you would've read the whole thread you would know that everything is fine. I feel like I'm speaking Chinese :D
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    counter really to the idea of why we have 2 bars, to change focus of our role. i.e. go from damage to healer, healer to tank, or tank to dps ect, or single target focus to aoe focus things like that.

[Citation Needed]
    and lets face it, take away animation canceling there will no longer be as much lag in high activity fights like pvp, it will take real skill to do trials as well as pvp, and frankly, a game that allows the bypass of mechanics intended to allow the strongest skills that require stronger countermeasures to actually be responded to.

"Real skill" is waiting patiently for an animation to finish when you don't have to, is it?

Back on topic, does Moondancer still stick from the back bar? I haven't seen anyone check that one. PC-NA player, I'll test it after our copy if nobody else has yet.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested alchemist the other day, buff stays on wep swap just as on live, np.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool, now they only need to remove animation cancelling and the carry over off skills from back bar. i mean having 1 bar for only buffs then second for skills only is counter really to the idea of why we have 2 bars, to change focus of our role. i.e. go from damage to healer, healer to tank, or tank to dps ect, or single target focus to aoe focus things like that. it was never intended for it to be buff and active skills bar. and lets face it, take away animation canceling there will no longer be as much lag in high activity fights like pvp, it will take real skill to do trials as well as pvp, and frankly, a game that allows the bypass of mechanics intended to allow the strongest skills that require stronger countermeasures to actually be responded to.

You know what?

I think we should all be forced to play with a controller only. On top of that people should only be allowed to use one hand. Also teamspeak and other voice communication should be banned.

No i have an even better idea. Everyone should only be allowed to play the game with a force feedback steeringwheel and pedals.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I tested moondancer too, still works.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

THIS

If you would've read the whole thread you would know that everything is fine. I feel like I'm speaking Chinese :D

i was just about to edit my post when i saw your reply!

this thread has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me ;)
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You talk about adding skill, and yet every suggestion you make would objectively lower the skill ceiling in the game, and reduce any build variety that we currently have.

And how the heck do you know that the developers never meant for one bar to be used for buffs and one bar to be used for something else? You're just making s**t up and pretending to be an authority on it.

The game allows you to put whatever skills you want wherever you want. THAT is the only test of what the developers intended.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

go play mobile games if you like that kind of dumb-basic gameplay. Animation canceling is what makes ESO combat system good.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely a bug, just wait for the notes before starting a thread.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on January 30, 2017 5:31PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my understanding (a post from a player) is that (for Alchemist) you use it, get the buff, and swap weapons to non x5 set up, the UI says it's buffed but the actual damage is not.

It sounded like a bug, been trying to get confirmation since. To those that say it's working, was the actual damage buffed or just the UI?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my understanding (a post from a player) is that (for Alchemist) you use it, get the buff, and swap weapons to non x5 set up, the UI says it's buffed but the actual damage is not.

It sounded like a bug, been trying to get confirmation since. To those that say it's working, was the actual damage buffed or just the UI?

confirmation will come with patch notes
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get a grip mate, is your daily mantra "I must cry about animation cancelling on every single thread i find on the forums" because it's getting old.
    Either accept it or maybe find a new game.
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, just stop it already. Every damn post, and all you do is bring up AC. Its not cheating. This game is a made up place and the rules are set by the people that created the game. If you dont agree, play another game. The devs have said on multiple occasions that AC is not going anywhere. L2P and stop your whining. It's getting really old.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know what?

I think we should all be forced to play with a controller only. On top of that people should only be allowed to use one hand. Also teamspeak and other voice communication should be banned.

No i have an even better idea. Everyone should only be allowed to play the game with a force feedback steeringwheel and pedals.

I PvP with a Guitar Hero controller in first person view.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

You know what?

I PvP with a Guitar Hero controller in first person view.

Elite players do it with a real guitar and a Rocksmith Tone cable.
    Playing since beta...
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some bad words about this. I mustn't say them else I'd got banned.
    Edited after reading some more posts about this news being unreliable. Why do we need such posts to cause others a heart-attack?

What about this case: frontbar Rattlecage set, and when I'm on my backbar, and cast Entropy, I get Major Sorcery, then after a double bar-switch (to front, then back to back), I lose the Major Sorcery. Why?
    Edited by SirCritical on January 30, 2017 7:29PM
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This entire thread is misleading and inaccurate. Why has a mod not shut this nonsense down yet? It's misrepresenting information and has derailed to yet another pointless debate about animation cancelling. So how about we lock it and move on to relevant material?

K thx
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So quick question: right now Stygian does not give the magicka buff until you switch bars. Does this mean it effectively will never give the magicka buff when stealth is activated because the set is bugged?

@ZOS_GinaBruno do you know if the team is aware of this bug and if this change buries this set going forward?
    Edited by PS4_ZeColmeia on January 30, 2017 7:51PM
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB