The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Why changing the way back-bar buffs work ?

covenant_merchant
covenant_merchant
✭✭✭✭✭
So, on the new PTS you cannot keep the back-bar buff when you swap to your main bar anymore. Example : Lich set. When your Lich procs on your Restoration staff bar, you lose the buff when you swap to main.
Same thing with Clever Alchemist.

What the hell ZOS ? Y u do dis ?

Edit : Lich works fine for many other people. Alchemist does not. If you're willing to try Burning Spellweaver on your account, chop chop.
Edited by covenant_merchant on January 31, 2017 3:29AM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i personally welcome it. slows the power creep some and allows for 2 bars of skill setups rather than maximising via back bar buffs.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    i personally welcome it. slows the power creep some and allows for 2 bars of skill setups rather than maximising via back bar buffs.

How does it slow the power creep that's really caused by CP?

And this will just further kill build diversity. I seriously do not think this is a good move. I don't see how this is a positive.

rip decibel
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's preventing people from running too many set combinations and moving the power level up . We all have to deal with it now .
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes people think about and commit to gear choices a little more, I am in favour of this even if it's going to take some getting use to and be detrimental to me.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be more a slap against people using 2h weapons. This isn't as big a deal if you're using dual wield or sword and board as you can easily run multiple 5 piece sets.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does this apply to debuff sets as well? Like if I apply something like NMG to my opponent from my back bar and then switch to my other bar, will the debuff of NMG remain or is it removed as well?
    Argonian forever
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this apply to debuff sets as well? Like if I apply something like NMG to my opponent from my back bar and then switch to my other bar, will the debuff of NMG remain or is it removed as well?

Yes .
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    are back bar MSA weapons affected by this?
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Toomdad wrote: »
    Seems to be more a slap against people using 2h weapons. This isn't as big a deal if you're using dual wield or sword and board as you can easily run multiple 5 piece sets.

This is one of the reasons it doesn't make sense me, unless they're planning on make 2H weapons count for 2 set bonuses.

rip decibel
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about maelstrom on back bars? Are the maelstrom enchants gone now when I swap to front non-maelstrom bar?

Also, if I cast DoTs or ulti from back bar, does the dmg still scale off the weapon (trait) I'm currently using (not the weapon I casted the skill from)?

• psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have got to be kidding me, *** sake.

Unnecessary nerf, like really you just *** a lot of builds with that

@Waffennacht @IzakiBrotherSs you guys use alchemist/lich what you think about this
    Edited by psychotic13 on January 30, 2017 12:14PM
  • mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    I like to point out this doesn't change much, now instead, Warlock set instead of Lich set. Warlock set instantly returns the mana return on proc. Then switch back. It only diminishes the Lich set in favour of the Warlock.

All this does it just change favourites to instant proc sets instead of DOT proc sets. That means you switch to an instant proc set, let the mana/stam/hp gain occurs back for one sec, then switch back. If that was the case, what was the point of this change then ?
    Edited by mewcatus on January 30, 2017 12:18PM
  • Chres
    Chres
    ✭✭
    wow, is that really true!?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´ve not been able to reproduce this (for the lich set).
    Edited by Derra on January 30, 2017 12:18PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe some sets are bugged with the change to bar swapping, I just tested with Transmutation on back back and Torug's on main, with destro/resto, I kept the transmutation buff when I returned to main bar both visually and on character sheet, or maybe Transmutation is buggy, in which case please forget I said anything
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested transmutation + lich + bsw. All buffs remain active.
    <Noricum>

• psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Can you also test alchemist is possible?
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Apparently we (at least I) made the mistake of assuming this was a listed feature. OP phrased it as a change and not a bug. So hopefully it's a bug?

rip decibel
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry - i´ve crashed two times trying to get to the crafting station... :(

@covenant_merchant which sets did you test this with? Did you maybe test lich out of combat (because the lich regeneration does not work ooc)?
    <Noricum>

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Alchemist still works fine for me (tested damage because I don't trust tooltips anymore). I'm also not able to reproduce this bug.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't be using the lich set anymore if this comes to live. That's the same character that's currently ice DPS which is also dead. Might as well just start again.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait debuffs are also removed? Isn't this a bug?
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could someone shed some light on this please?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now they're punishing people for swapping weapons and utilizing their limited gear slots?

ZoS digging a bigger hole if this change is true.
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Where is that in the patchnotes? da f
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can someone actually confirm whats going on before I have a heart attack?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Maelstrom still works
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Well BSW is fine, undaunted infiltrator is fine, clever alchemist is fine, lich is still carrying over, so whatever you had there must've been a bug.

I tested it on the pts and for me everything works fine, even though the server had me crashing ten times while doing so.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From reading all the responses this is starting to sound like an addon issue to me.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounding hopefully this is not true. Otherwise my build is kinda screwed