Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Proc sets and Heavy armor.

Metafae
Metafae
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm clearly late on this topic, but I wanted to express the idea anyway. I think even with crits being removed from proc sets, they'll still provide a tank with decent damage.

They should allow proc sets to crit again, but scale their damage off the players highest stat, this way tanks would get barely any damage from them, but people who spec into damage can still get a lot out of them.

It's also important to note that if you stack a bunch of proc sets at once, you'll lack the base damage to make them hit hard, so there remains some balance to prevent players from stacking too many at once. I think this will allow for people to increase their burst within reason, and not fully rely on the proc to carry them.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    I'm clearly late on this topic, but I wanted to express the idea anyway. I think even with crits being removed from proc sets, they'll still provide a tank with decent damage.

They should allow proc sets to crit again, but scale their damage off the players highest stat, this way tanks would get barely any damage from them, but people who spec into damage can still get a lot out of them.

It's also important to note that if you stack a bunch of proc sets at once, you'll lack the base damage to make them hit hard, so there remains some balance to prevent players from stacking too many at once. I think this will allow for people to increase their burst within reason, and not fully rely on the proc to carry them.

Yeah, I like it.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they still spec into dmg they just run heavy
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My suggestion has been to take the proc damage and divide it in two
    One piece comes from the set level and quality - the replacement for the character's "weapon/spell damage" part of the typical tooltip.

the other piece comes from the characters max stats of the type of damage done - same as in a normal tooltip.

Same exact reason as your proposal - to make an "offensive build" necessary to get the full burst kill shot damage out of proc sets.

if you go with hvy armor and tons of points in health - fine - the proc sets will do damage and likely more damage than your defensively scaled DPS but not more than an offensively built character with the same sets.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue with heavy armour is that you don't need to spec into sustain. So you're able to spec everything besides your 5piece armor type into damage. Which via wrath give you damage anyway. I really think that passive is whats busted. Tanks dont need damage it doesnt make sense anyway the only purpose to give a tank weapon damage and or spell damage is to make their heal abilities useful. I think the wrath passives needs to be reworked to achieve this (making their heal abilities useful) without also giving damaging abilities potency.
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This will not help very much, if at all. Damaging proc sets need a global cooldown, and it needs to specifically be the instant damage sets and not any defensive or buff sets (probably). There are too many other proc sets for all sets to get hit with the global cooldown.

rip decibel
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All "tanks" in cyroil put everything into stamina already.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    This will not help very much, if at all. Damaging proc sets need a global cooldown, and it needs to specifically be the instant damage sets and not any defensive or buff sets (probably). There are too many other proc sets for all sets to get hit with the global cooldown.

I agree with this though I think defensive procs should also be included, it solves lots of problems
    • less calculations every time you light or heavy attack or take damage etc = less lag
    • with people wearing only one proc set there will be more build diversity, the proc set will be a compliment to the build rather than everything the build is about
    • lower the damage ceiling without having to remove crits
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inig0 wrote: »
    The issue with heavy armour is that you don't need to spec into sustain. So you're able to spec everything besides your 5piece armor type into damage. Which via wrath give you damage anyway. I really think that passive is whats busted. Tanks dont need damage it doesnt make sense anyway the only purpose to give a tank weapon damage and or spell damage is to make their heal abilities useful. I think the wrath passives needs to be reworked to achieve this (making their heal abilities useful) without also giving damaging abilities potency.

Not to mention you can just craft a set like julianos or alchemist in heavy and get all the offensive bonus of the set and also all the defensive bonuses of heavy armor