The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Video] Magicka DK Hype! - LeifyEric Outnumbered PvP

• BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can u teach me how to 1vX I'll be willing to pay
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waylander wrote: »
    Great fights Leif! When it comes to resource management, mDK always feels to me 'how it should be' - it's challenging and rewards clever play and understanding of mechanics.

For a lot of players, getting in a fight gives them a rush of blood, they don't think so clearly and they use abilities more often than not (spam rally or vigor if pressured, don't cc or use dots, just spam their main spammable, forget to keep buffs up, forget to keep hots up).

That is ok when the resource pool is full, but when it gets low, you don't really know what to do because you aren't used to it (CP has made resource management pretty easy). Add in an increased heart rate, and your decision making may become poor. Your concentration lapses the longer the fight goes on and the more pressure applied and before you know it you are in someones 1 v x video.

This is a very good point. I am just going to take one of the parts of the video to show what you just said. At 3:35 I am almost out of resources, but that's okay because I know I have a pot coming up and an ult soon after. I see the destro ult pop and this is usually when most players would panic. Instead, I pop a potion, get close to everyone, and block and spam inhale. All I literally am doing is holding down block while pressing my inhale key. There really isn't much to it. But the average player is going to panic and do something that gets them killed. Once the ult finishes, I then kite back to LoS and use my ult for more resources.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BurritoESO wrote: »

PvP lessons are 50k.
  • BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭

PvP lessons are 50k.

Okay I don't know what platform you are on but I play on Scourge PS4 EU my name is @poop_bubbles I will pay 50k
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I like most about your vids, its that theres no exploits. GG.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    Insane video, Leif! Very good and skilful gameplay! :) Keep it up!
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They almost had you with that siege shield, but then you recovered! :trollface:
    Great vid! I love the clip at the end! :D
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »

Nerf siege shield OP XD
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »

LOL! I laughed reading that.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    What I like most about your vids, its that theres no exploits. GG.

It's a sad day when a player is praised for not using exploits.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP lessons are 50k.

Okay I don't know what platform you are on but I play on Scourge PS4 EU my name is @poop_bubbles I will pay 50k

I try to avoid that campaign. I think you know why. Honestly if I were you I would just start over on the NA server.
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice clips man, suuuuuuure mDK needed a buff ;)
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

mdk got too much of a buff imo, but we'll see. I'd have preferred les buffs and less nerfs to the good sets !
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

mdk got too much of a buff imo, but we'll see. I'd have preferred les buffs and less nerfs to the good sets !

SSSH.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    That chain in the end ...just lol. Respect for that dude.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    IDK man, I was told by forum DKs that magicka dk is terrible and basically unplayable AP fodder. But this video demonstrates that the class has excellent tools and can be very powerful in extreme 1vX situations if played right. Therefore it has tools to excel in any aspect of PvP. I don't know what to believe.

Now imagine how good magicka DK is gonna be with breath of life lite. This class is gonna be monstrous in the right hands next patch, maybe too good even. We'll see in a few weeks if we're getting a repeat of stam sorcs and the destro ult where something gets overbuffed due to zenimax caving to pressure from the community.

You said the true, in the RIGHT HANDS. This is a class that need skills, it seem mag dk is undestroyable, but a sorc skilled, in the same situation of what we have see in these clips, would killed the enemies faster, without risk a lot (I am not saying sorcs are OP, but for sure it is a class that feet better for these kind of fights --> 1 vs x).
    a mDK struggle a lot more, but it is more entertaining to see while he fight.
    I think @LeifErickson can confirm that mDK is a lot less efficient compared to other classes in 1 vs x, but it give a lot of satisfactions when you can handle such things.
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

desert rose? Yeah.. it was a set that on a mDK fixed the problem of resource management..
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiDynasty wrote: »
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    IDK man, I was told by forum DKs that magicka dk is terrible and basically unplayable AP fodder. But this video demonstrates that the class has excellent tools and can be very powerful in extreme 1vX situations if played right. Therefore it has tools to excel in any aspect of PvP. I don't know what to believe.

Now imagine how good magicka DK is gonna be with breath of life lite. This class is gonna be monstrous in the right hands next patch, maybe too good even. We'll see in a few weeks if we're getting a repeat of stam sorcs and the destro ult where something gets overbuffed due to zenimax caving to pressure from the community.

You said the true, in the RIGHT HANDS. This is a class that need skills, it seem mag dk is undestroyable, but a sorc skilled, in the same situation of what we have see in these clips, would killed the enemies faster, without risk a lot (I am not saying sorcs are OP, but for sure it is a class that feet better for these kind of fights --> 1 vs x).
    a mDK struggle a lot more, but it is more entertaining to see while he fight.
    I think @LeifErickson can confirm that mDK is a lot less efficient compared to other classes in 1 vs x, but it give a lot of satisfactions when you can handle such things.

I disagree. I was with one of the best sorcs on NA in the first clip and while he was lagging really bad, he got killed by a proc ganker. There wasn't really anything he could have done there. However, I am able to hold my ground much better, so I had a better chance at winning that fight. Magicka DK is best in certain situations, just like another class might be best in another situation.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful stuff. Also extreme lol at that last clip.

yKZGvC.gif
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)