The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DLC Purchases from Crown Store should be Account Wide on both NA & EU after Gold Edition release

KhemSihr
KhemSihr
✭✭✭
It came to my attention that all my DLC's that I purchased from Crown Store are not Account Bound..
My friend who owns Gold Edition has the DLC's on both NA & EU servers from a single purchase of the game however..

Is there any way I can have the DLC's that I purchased for my Account on both NA & EU without re-purchasing them?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhmm yeah it should but no it's not possible. This company is gonna gouge you one way or another.

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 26, 2017 7:23PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • KhemSihr
    KhemSihr
    ✭✭✭
    Uhmm yeah it should but no it's not possible. This company is gonna gouge you one way or another.

That's not the reply I was looking forward too.. "But hey", It was a reply.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it should. They are the same account.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no problem with having DLC and other Crown Store purchases being account-wide instead of only server-wide.
  • GrafDresche
    GrafDresche
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem as the OP. And I have been playing this game since summer 2013.

Since most other collections, and e.g. the former subscription rewards are account wide, why not the DLC? Being ESO+ also works account wide whether you play on NA or EU and unlocks DLC on both servers. So why not the purchased DLC?

I am sure there are not too many people (like me, living on both continents) having that problem, so I would guess ZOS would not lose too much revenue by changing this.

So, ZOS, please change this.Thank you! :smile:
  • Talonair
    Talonair
    Soul Shriven
    I agree. I just bought the DLC bundle on PS4 NA & expected it to work for both, only to find out the hard way that it doesn't.
    At the very least there should be a pop-up warning at point of sale, telling you of this, as I had no idea. Now I feel robbed.
    I could have put that money towards the gold edition & it would have been unlocked on both, as I understand it.
    I contacted support about it, & all they recommended was me writing on here to bring it to their attention.
    I'm a little jaded with the crown store after this experience
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been bothering me since the crown store was introduced.

It doesn't make any sense to me that because I bought the Imperial Edition upgrade through the website (when it was offered) instead of the crown store I have it on both servers, while someone who bought it in the crown store has it on only 1 server. It also doesn't make sense that I have the DLC on one server but someone who bought the Gold Edition, or subscribes, has them on both.

It should be determined by product, not purchase method.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zo$- ok but now you have to pay a sub to use a different server,or purchase separate server for 5k crowns lol