The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Prices

RomansXXI
RomansXXI
✭✭✭
It is obvious that the crown store is changing. This is the first time an item in the crown store has been valued at over 5.5 crowns. So with the prices of crown store items climbing rapidly why have the crowns themselves not been made cheaper or more added to the pack. In order to afford the dro mathra motif One would need the 5500 crown pack and the 750 pack which would total to the lovely price of $48 USD. Now that is ridiculous.

To those who subscribe to eso+ for the craft bag and the crowns. Now with the amount monthly crowns received (based on the monthly membership of 1500 crowns per month), One can afford the dro mathra motif in 4 months. With housing coming and with the reveal of a 6k motif, what in gods name are the crown houses going to cost?

The crown prices have been climbing very very quickly in the last couple months but why has there been no changes to the crown prices or amounts to accommodate and even out this change? Remember when costumes were 300 crowns? Now it's a single costume for 1000 crowns. Exotic guar mounts were 1800 and the unique mounts 2500. Now with mounts coming to 4000 and 4500 crowns and in crown crates (which are also ridiculously priced for such a low chance of getting anything valuable whatsoever), it's very likely in the near future *cough* housing *cough* that affording any items from the crown store will be hopeless unless you got money bags lying around.

Now I understand the crown store and its items are optional and are not necessary or provide anything more than cosmetics or crafting items found in game. This is not what this thread is about so please do not reply saying that everything is "optional." A lot of people are pretty annoyed by the ever changing money sucking crown store.

This thread is to bring to light to the devs that crown store items are now a treasured luxury that can only be obtained by the rich. Please show us that you do still care and actually listen to feedback because so far the eso community feels like they have been very rudely ignored and shunned by the devs who wish only to make money and not please their player base, thus hurting themselves in the long run.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely disagree with two statements.

First off, Zo$ does listen and some of the changes from the recent PTS proves this. Do they listen to everything? Hell no! And I don't blame them, most of the suggestions I read on these forums are down right stupid and/or self centered. However devs do listen.

Secondly, you are right that prices have risen in the crown store but I would argue that they should have. Every time a sale goes on, I see plenty of these items around town at least on console. Selfishly, I would love if Zo$ sold everything dirt cheap. However they are in a business and they would be silly to not maximize their product. If you had a Sharpened SpinnerSpriggan dagger, (worth 200k or so on console I think) Would you accept only 5k because 200k is too much for most people? Hell no! As long as there are people willing to buy these optimal/cosmetics....Zo$ should sell them at whatever price the market dictates. If you cannot afford it, I am sorry.

However we can just agree to disagree. Doesn't mean you or I am wrong. We just disagree. I can applicate that you presented your argument constructively rather than name calling and preaching down at "causal gamers"

Edited by MyKillv2.0 on January 27, 2017 2:51PM
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely disagree with two statements.

First off, Zo$ does listen and some of the changes from the recent PTS proves this. Do they listen to everything? Hell no! And I don't blame them, most of the suggestions I read on these forums are down right stupid and/or self centered. However devs do listen.

Secondly, you are right that prices have risen in the crown store but I would argue that they should have. Every time a sale goes on, I see plenty of these items around town at least on console. Selfishly, I would love if Zo$ sold everything dirt cheap. However they are in a business and they would be silly to not maximize their product. If you had a Sharpened SpinnerSpriggan dagger, (worth 200k or so on console I think) Would you accept only 5k because 200k is too much for most people? Hell no! As long as there are people willing to buy these optimal/cosmetics....Zo$ should sell them at whatever price the market dictates. If you cannot afford it, I am sorry.

However we can just agree to disagree. Doesn't mean you or I am wrong. We just disagree. I can appreciate that you presented your argument constructively rather than name calling and preaching down at "causal gamers"

Edited by MyKillv2.0 on January 27, 2017 2:53PM
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    If you had a Sharpened Spinner dagger, (worth 200k or so on console I think)

A spinner dagger is borderline useless. Who is paying 200k for a dagger on a magic build?