Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Writ rewards nerfed recently?

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
I've always been doing all 6 daily crafting writs for months, and since 2017 I hardly ever get any survey, only 2 surveys in 24 days, and legendary drop rate reduced significantly. The survey and legendary items are mostly for woodworking..
I mean in 2016 I get surveys every 2-3 days, legendary drop like every day.
Anyone else have the same experience?
Edited by akl77 on January 24, 2017 1:56AM
Pc na
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    I've always been doing all 6 daily crafting writs for months, and since 2017 I hardly ever get any survey, only 2 surveys in 24 days, and legendary drop rate reduced significantly. The survey and legendary items are mostly for woodworking..
    I mean in 2016 I get surveys every 2-3 days, legendary drop like every day.
    Anyone else have the same experience?

Nope - if anything it seems to have improved in the last month but thats likely just RNG.

Still sitting at a survey rate of 1 in 10 more or less.
    golds - good haul in this last week but normally only once in a while.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In update 12 the write surveys were changed - fewer surveys, but nodes provide way more raw materials. It's possible that you're noticing this.

And since xmas, I've noticed that there are fewer gold mat rewards. I do writs on several characters a day, and open the boxes at the end of the week. Last year the gold temper reward rate was about 40%...not quite half. Now it's around 1 in 5, 20%.

• MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually thought they'd been ninja-buffed. Had a rare run of good luck lately.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate doing writs and getting lowby mats in return.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    I really hate doing writs and getting lowby mats in return.

if you are referring to the shipments - remember they were an addition - they occur when surveys dont - used to be when surveys dont you got nothin' extra for that.

So, just destroy the shipment and you are almost back to the good old days.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, the release notes indicated that the surveys drop rate would be halved but the material return from harvesting the surveys would be doubled, leading to 'no real difference'. I do not feel that the change has really balanced things out like that.

I also do not like that the surveys send you all over the place. Instead of having 3 possible locations for a skill line in one area, you can now be sent to any one of 3 locations in any one of 18 areas - so 54 possible harvest locations per skill line instead of 3. If you collect the surveys and have 12 woodworker surveys to collect, you may have to travel to 12 different locations to collect them.

I understand that ZOS wanted to push players out into the big world of 1T, but as someone who has completed Cadwells silver and gold, has completed the main story line on characters in all three factions, I have explored every area of Tamriel and do not appreciate being forced out there for no real benefit.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like surveys too, but I do need mats back. The fact they reward low level refined mats is useless, I only sell them and get 100 gold back. They should reward raw mats instead of refined mats at least, or reward my level refined mats.
    Pc na
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I counted my surveys yesterday as I am saving them for the housing update. I have 62 surveys to collect from 36 different locations across Tamriel, I think I will will spend longer travelling to collect them than I did actually earning them.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Yep, the release notes indicated that the surveys drop rate would be halved but the material return from harvesting the surveys would be doubled, leading to 'no real difference'. I do not feel that the change has really balanced things out like that.

I also do not like that the surveys send you all over the place. Instead of having 3 possible locations for a skill line in one area, you can now be sent to any one of 3 locations in any one of 18 areas - so 54 possible harvest locations per skill line instead of 3. If you collect the surveys and have 12 woodworker surveys to collect, you may have to travel to 12 different locations to collect them.

I understand that ZOS wanted to push players out into the big world of 1T, but as someone who has completed Cadwells silver and gold, has completed the main story line on characters in all three factions, I have explored every area of Tamriel and do not appreciate being forced out there for no real benefit.

You are mistaken.

I have hundreds of suveys sitting in my inventory since 1t on 4 different characters -

While the DLC wrothgar has 3 locations and so does craglorn - i do not see multiple locations (or even numbered surveys at all) for other locations for the normal zones. (i do not know if i have seen any surveys for hews bane or gold coast at all.)

So what i am seeing is at the max you have 15 surveys total for the base 15 zones, 3 for craglorn and 3 for wrothgar in stacks per skill line. thats about 21 stacks for each skill line not 54. (hmmm... maybe it was coldharbor too with 3, hard to say. too lazy to go open it up.)

Funny thing is, i realized this within the first day of crafting after the change because the writs for the non-wrothgar non-craggy zones did not have numbers at all.

So its odd to me that this idea of three per every zone even the hews/gold has persisted so long after 1T when its obvious after just a short time doing writs - unless its being repeated by folks who dont actually do writs.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You are correct about the normal zone surveys, been forever since I harvested any nodes outside of Craglorn and Wrothgar and I do not look at them when they come up. Does not look like there are any for Hews Bane or Gold Coast.

Looking at a Coldharbour map , it looks like there are 2 of each survey, so we only have a possible 23 different survey locations for each skill line. Phew, that makes me feel better - not.

• mvffins
    mvffins
    ✭✭✭
    - I also don't like low-level shipment crates
    - I've seen a drop in surveys since 1tam dropped, as like OP said in 2016/2015 I would get atleast 1 survey a day out of all my professions, but now its like 1 a week
    - Haven't seen a change in Golds
    - I actually have seen an increase in Glass Motif Page drops don't know why (I sincerely get 1 a day now)
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mvffins wrote: »
    - I also don't like low-level shipment crates
    - I've seen a drop in surveys since 1tam dropped, as like OP said in 2016/2015 I would get atleast 1 survey a day out of all my professions, but now its like 1 a week
    - Haven't seen a change in Golds
    - I actually have seen an increase in Glass Motif Page drops don't know why (I sincerely get 1 a day now)

Surveys have dropped into 1t. They dropped by about half. i get one now about 10% of the time -fairly consistently - across the crafts.

of course, when they cut them by half frequency they doubled their yield when harvested and added the shipments for the 9 out of 10 times equip writs dont survey.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.