The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

6,000 crown Dro-M'Athra motif

Quantact
Quantact
✭✭✭
Hi there,

As I said when Crown Crates came out, the Cash Shop is quickly headed in the wrong direction. We had a 4,500 crown mount recently, the Crown Crates a bit before, and now we have a 6,000 crown motif, and I think this is probably going to go on as before, or be exacerbated further.

Keeping in mind that I personally have the Crowns to buy this motif, I need to point out that a lot of people don't. I got my Aetheric Cypher yesterday after intensively farming for it since the Christmas event. The Cypher is probably the most expensive item in the game -- but it is obtainable through farming. You don't "need" to Cash Shop to get that. With things like the elk mount, you can only get it by spending real money. Skilled players, such as the PvP kings and queens, do not necessarily have such Crowns, even if they have the patience to farm for prolonged periods and the skill to succeed in PvP.

By making a trend of items like this motif, the company creates and exacerbates a culture of haves and have-nots, which increasingly strains the willingness of the have-nots to keep playing. In the case of this motif, there IS a way to get it in-game, but that's not the case with all expensive items. I am not arguing that this crown motif is even remotely the last straw for such players, but if it keeps on and on, that day will come. Which is bad, because while I am what most on this forum would call a "whale," and the only person in my guild to have a Cypher to make Mythic Ambrosia for my friends -- I have none of their skill with gaming. They are the PvP masters, I am a crafter and like to watch them destroy everything. If I quit, there are plenty of other skilled crafters. If they quit, that's more of a problem for ESO because it is their skill that enriches the game, not my Crowns.

I really suggest that if these exorbitant prices must continue, that a way be made in-game to get all such stuff without paying Crowns. With this motif there is, with a lot of such things, there isn't, and the higher-and-higher prices create a problem. This whole thing is quickly starting to remind me of Maple Story, and go on their servers to find out where this whole thing got them in the end.
Edited by Quantact on January 26, 2017 10:31PM
This discussion has been closed.