Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Master Crafting Writs

• duzhe
    duzhe
    Soul Shriven
    Hello guys. Thank you so much for all the work you do - i love the updates so far.

My crafter is master crafter level in everything.
    Yesterday I did all 6 crafting writs and received only 1 master crafting writ.
    Today I did all 6 of the crafting writs and received none master crafting writs.

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CREEP wrote: »
    Blacksmithing Writ Algorithm solved!
    (for those curious see attachment. Data used is tab 1, reference values tab 2, and formula to calculate for any possible writ tab 3).

Did not have enough data to include all motifs, thus Primal, Minotaur, Abah's Watch, Dro-m'Athra, and Hallowjack are not evaluated.

Most notable:
    If legendary is requested a "value" is MULTIPLIED by 3.8.
    If nirnhoned is requested a "value" is MULTIPLIED by 6.
    If both are requested a "value" is MULTIPLIED by 22.8 (same of above individually).
    If legendary AND nirnhoned AND 9-trait set requested, MULTIPLY VALUE BY 45.6 (basically double one previous).

Highest possible writ reward will come from 9-trait set, legendary, nirnhoned, request in Celestial, Draugr, Akaviri, Glass, Yokudan, or Order of the Hour. This will reward 328 writs.

As of PTS patch notes 2.7.3, Akaviri writ value is increase 10%. Would need more data to see what variable was changed.

Thank you again @Dominoid for the original data sheet.

Thanks again for this. Extremely disappointed that devs aren't taking this feedback into consideration. PTS is almost over and ready for live, and nothing has been changed regarding master crafter writs. As a master crafter myself, this system is such a huge fiasko that I certainly will not bother with most of it.

As has been pointed out time and again, the rewards simply do not add up to the expenses. There are like 10 % of the writs that are useful, those requiring trash materials, especially provisioning, enchanting and alchemy. Anything calling for legendary materials, the 90 % left of the writs, such as roes, gold tempers and Hakeijo/Kuta, aren't worth the cost.

The value of mats put in and rewards give out are heavily skewed towards trash mats, and not in favour of gold mats. Only a fool would pour their hard earned legendary mats into this.

As for the equipment writs: Traits aren't even weighted in at all. You get the same amount of vouchers from 9 trait sets as you do from 6 trait ones. Motif styles aren't weighted in, you get as many vouchers from semirare motifs like Hour Order, Ancient Orc and Imperial as you do from basic blue motifs such as Orc and Bosmer.
    Legendary items are weighted extremely low compared to Nirnhoned. It takes 1 nirnstone to make such an item, it takes 8 Alloys to make a legendary. 1 armor nirncrux costs about 3k, 8 Alloys cost 80k. And the nirn writ is rewarded higher than the legendary one. Wtf?
    You have also weighted the sets themselves way off. The IC ones that would take a long time to get to, and requires entering PvP land, aren't even rewarded higher than the others. DLC sets in general are rewarded much too high though.

This cannot go live, as a master crafter myself, it is simply nothing but a huge gold material sink. I'm much better off just doing the trash writs for consumables, and selling off my legendary mats separately.

What you need to do:
    • Alchemy writs need to be upped in rewards, they now cost way more materials compared to poison writs. Multiply rewards from potion writs by x4-5, and multiply both mats required and vouchers from poisons by x3-4.
    • Multiply provisioning writs that do not require Roe by x3-4, and the vouchers rewarded too. Roe recipes need to reward much more vouchers than they do now.
    • Hakeijo is rewarded lower than Kuta, despite being rarer and more expensive. Hakeijo writs need to be upped by a lot, Kuta writs also need a bump up. For non Hakeijo non Kuta writs, multiply mats required and voucher rewarded by x3-4
    • For all equipment writs, rare motifs need to be rewarded higher. Difficult sets like IC PvP sets need to be rewarded higher. Sets requiring 9 traits done need to be rewarded higher than those requiring 5-6 traits. Legendary equipment needs to reward way, way more vouchers than they do now. Right now they are the least profitable of all the writs.

On top of this, voucher costs of the merchant NPC are much too high. 300 vouchers for a motif book is a joke, when the only writs worth doing right now give you 2 vouchers per writ. 8 vouchers for a single Ebony style mat, are you kidding me? Also, apart from the poison shelf you recently added, the rest of the recipes on the NPC are a joke. People have been posting screenshots of these so-called 'golden recipes', and in game they look just shabby and common. Regular wooden furniture, common furnishing, nothing special at all, and certainly nothing that even remotely should require 150 vouchers just for having the recipe to make them. The amount of mat costs for these golden furnishing recipes is also a joke. 1 Perfect Roe to make an orc goblet? 1 golden temper for make a wooden table? You need to add something worth the effort to this merchant, as of right now I would only make enough of the 2 voucher writs to get the Ebony motif, then I'm done with this. Voucher cost is too high, the recipes on the merchant are too boring and uninteresting, and everything is priced 10 x more than it should.

Redo.
    Edited by Carbonised on January 25, 2017 9:25AM
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Legendary items are weighted extremely low compared to Nirnhoned. It takes 1 nirnstone to make such an item, it takes 8 Alloys to make a legendary. 1 armor nirncrux costs about 3k, 8 Alloys cost 80k. And the nirn writ is rewarded higher than the legendary one. Wtf?

And these are the PC prices, for Console you can multiply that by 2x/3x. These prices have been quite stable during the last 3 months. I don't think the design team checked our prices before designing these writs ...
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

And these are the PC prices, for Console you can multiply that by 2x/3x. These prices have been quite stable during the last 3 months. I don't think the design team checked our prices before designing these writs ...

Indeed, this is for PC. Poor console people will have much higher numbers to work with for mat costs.

If at all you are introducing this system on live, ZOS, you need to up the droprate of Roes, gold tempers and Kuta by twice the amount as it is from live. And half the cost for Hakeijo. That is th eonly way it would even make a sliver of sense to do any of these master writs, unless you care nothing about costs and just want to throw away your tempers for nothing.

In which case my PC EU login is @Carbonised , so feel free to just send them directly to me if you're so inclined to lose them.
  • darthfyer
    darthfyer
    Soul Shriven
    As others have said in the thread, I really like the idea of the Master Crafting Writs, however the execution appears rather flawed and unfair and consequently not fun.

I like the idea that @Aldmera suggested. Make the master crafting writs similar to the Thieves Guild repeatables. They have multiple 'tiers' to the quest with a greater reward for the more you do. Each tier can have elements from the tiers below it, for example tier 2 can have elements from tier 1, while tier 3 can have elements from tier 1 and 2.

As a rough example for the master crafting writs:
    Tier 1: Craft a blue item with vrey basic materials. The style is one of the 9 racial (blue) motifs. A 2/3 trait item. With a Training, Well-Fitted or Prosperous trait.
    Tier 2: Craft a purple item with 'intermediate' materials. The style material is one of the original purple motifs (Primal, Daedric, Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Dwemer) plus other motifs that can be obtained throughout Tamriel (Dragur, Mercenary and Alliance - i'm sure I'm missing some more) but not those that can be obtained through DLC. A 4/5/6/7 trait item. Reinforced, Defending or Charged trait.
    Tier 3: Craft a gold item with 'advanced' materials. The style material is Youkudan, Akaviri, Imperial (and possibly any styles from the DLC you own or have have access to). An 8/9 trait item. With a Nirnhoned/Impenetrable/Precise/Sharpened trait.

Tier 1 would reward 1 voucher, Tier 2 would reward roughly 30 vouchers and Tier 3 would reward 200-250 vouchers. This reward system gives the user a choice whether they want to use gold materials that in turn offer a better reward, but you aren't forced to do so. Instead you can choose to do a lower tier, but get significantly lower reward. At the moment, there isn't any choice other than to 'do or do not' the writ you are given meaning writs that require gold mats will be overlooked by most as they do not want to part ways with tempering alloys or perfect roe (and in turn Psijic).

As @pragreal mentions, it would be extremely beneficial to have the writ vouchers be a bankable resource. Whether they be like Tel Var and Gold or trophies.

On a side note, I must be in an exclusive club as I have a singular toon that is a master creafter in all 6 skills, 9 traits in everything. That said, I agree with those that believe crafting should be account-wide given the setup and nature of the housing update.

I strongly recommend the Master Crafting Writs be put on hold until a suitable implementation be determined.
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    Again saying, please fix the drop of new housing materials from surveys. They SHOULD drop from all surveys and from the old ones you received prepatch either. Or it will be a mindless grind the next 2 months for everyone.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is too much beating on nirn here. Yes nirns are way cheaper for instance it cost me over 500k gold buying the items to research in the 1st place. That's probably what has been factored into it.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is too much beating on nirn here. Yes nirns are way cheaper for instance it cost me over 500k gold buying the items to research in the 1st place. That's probably what has been factored into it.
    If we really dig way down in history, we might find reasons like that. But now nirn is 5..10% compared to Legendary cost. Nirn deserves the beating.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to say this, but seeing how the master writs are working, and what is going to be needed to do them, I'm developing a suspicion that all of this, the new mats, the needing tempers, including sets that aren't currently in the game for plans to make normal items is just a method to push people to the crown store and the clown crates.

If this goes to live in its current incarnation, I'm not going to bother with it at all. I may keep farming mats to attempt to get tempers to sell, but I won't spend thousands of gold for motifs in game, and waste gold tempers to make normal items. Which also kills any point in bothering to buy any of the houses.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    dro m'athra motif now in crown store for 6k. I will take this as a sign of things to come. Motifs will be 30k each in game at traders (they already are since PTS went like and people realized that you need to have all the motifs to do them). Everything is being moved to the store.

Now if that included some actual new content like you know, new maps, new trials, new anything that you could do in game aside from housing stuff, that would be fine. But nope. No new content in pushing on a year. That is really not good for an MMO. Housing and Tam One do not count. Brotherhood was the last actual new game content released. That was May 31, 2016. New when I started the game.
  • TaranWanderer
    TaranWanderer
    ✭✭
    Multiply provisioning writs that do not require Roe by x3-4, and the vouchers rewarded too. Roe recipes need to reward much more vouchers than they do now.

Did my first writ, finally, and it cost me 2 Perfect Roe (8 potions) to complete. Reward? 10 Writ Vouchers. What can you GET for 10 writ vouchers? A piece of Night Pumice (8WV) or a Hlaalu Funisher's Document (10WV)

Why hasn't this been looked at/fixed?

If this launches "as is" you will see a HUGE backlash on the diminishing returns of actually doing Master Crafting Writs. As someone who has completed EVERYTHING in game on the 6 crafts and MAXED out all traits AND collected ALL motifs, this is not the system I was hoping to see when MCW launched.

• saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    It definitely sounds like it's going to be a massive let down if it goes live as it is.
    It is going to be down to the RNG gods again to get the writs with an acceptable return of vouchers.
    After the target skeleton first which might take a few days to a few weeks that is presuming I get a master writ a day.
    Luckily I have guildies willing to pass on their writs to me to obtain the guild target skeletons.
    Here's hoping that Monday brings some patch notes and fresh pts adjustments.
  • oneonesixb14_ESO
    I think I hit a bug in the writ system where I was unable to receive a new daily writ. Here's what happened:

1. Accept all three 3 consumable writs
    2. Wait till the next day
    3. Complete all 3 writs and turn them in
    4. At this point I received a master writ and I think I let it go to my inventory, and then I opened inventory and opened the sealed master writ
    5. Go back to the crafting board and take 3 new consumable writs. I spammed read and take using the E key instead of using mouse.
    6. I was only given two new writs quests. I expected to get all 3: provisioning, alchemy and enchanting.

Is it possible that the receiving a master writ is somehow interfering with receiving a new daily normal writs?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I hit a bug in the writ system where I was unable to receive a new daily writ. Here's what happened:

1. Accept all three 3 consumable writs
    2. Wait till the next day
    3. Complete all 3 writs and turn them in
    4. At this point I received a master writ and I think I let it go to my inventory, and then I opened inventory and opened the sealed master writ
    5. Go back to the crafting board and take 3 new consumable writs. I spammed read and take using the E key instead of using mouse.
    6. I was only given two new writs quests. I expected to get all 3: provisioning, alchemy and enchanting.

Is it possible that the receiving a master writ is somehow interfering with receiving a new daily normal writs?
    I think the PTS is just slower. I need to do the E spamming a bit slower than in live to prevent that skipping.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Crafting & Economy
    General
    • Updated Alchemy Survey Reports to no longer provide Alchemical Resin. This brings them in line with other Survey Reports.

Nice! So instead of fixing the bug of Blacksmithing/Clothing/Woodworking/Enchanting surveys not dropping the new housing materials they simply remove it from the alchemy surveys and call it quits! GG Zenimax.

Prepare to farm for a couple hours to build a couple items for your home, then another couple hours to build some more items, farming your socks off in the housing patch rat race! Or buy them for incredibly inflated prices on the market.

This is imo a poor and lazy attempt at a fix and IF it was not intended to drop housing materials from crafting surveys in first place, I see literally no reason why that should have been the case...The ONLY way to retrieve these items which are needed in abundance is farming nodes or buying from people who farmed nodes..

Perfect opportunity to reward crafters and inject a decent supply of these mats in the market, instead you've removed them completely besides farming nodes and therefore created a very frustrating, laborious approach for decorating homes.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭

Crafting & Economy
    General
    • Updated Alchemy Survey Reports to no longer provide Alchemical Resin. This brings them in line with other Survey Reports.

Nice! So instead of fixing the bug of Blacksmithing/Clothing/Woodworking/Enchanting surveys not dropping the new housing materials they simply remove it from the alchemy surveys and call it quits! GG Zenimax.

Prepare to farm for a couple hours to build a couple items for your home, then another couple hours to build some more items, farming your socks off in the housing patch rat race! Or buy them for incredibly inflated prices on the market.

This is imo a poor and lazy attempt at a fix and IF it was not intended to drop housing materials from crafting surveys in first place, I see literally no reason why that should have been the case...The ONLY way to retrieve these items which are needed in abundance is farming nodes or buying from people who farmed nodes..

Perfect opportunity to reward crafters and inject a decent supply of these mats in the market, instead you've removed them completely besides farming nodes and therefore created a very frustrating, laborious approach for decorating homes.

This decision saddens me so much :( I would like to hear wha tthe developers say about this. I see no reason why the new materials wouldn't drop from the survey maps...
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edenprime wrote: »

Crafting & Economy
    General

This decision saddens me so much :( I would like to hear wha tthe developers say about this. I see no reason why the new materials wouldn't drop from the survey maps...

Yep :( me either, I am guessing they're too busy focusing on their next DLC given the new teasers etc that they just want to wrap housing up asap and easy quick/botch fixes take precedent.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone figured out if knowing partial motifs (like say, 7 chapters out of 14) affects the possibility of getting master writs, or if it is full motif knowledge only? I know it was asked several times in a thread awhile back but I can't seem to locate that thread.

I just want to know if I should bother passing the single pages I find to my alts or if I'd be better off selling them, knowing I will probably never get the whole thing for them.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please let us know how this works!
    Edited by Annalyse on January 30, 2017 11:20PM
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Annalyse wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out if knowing partial motifs (like say, 7 chapters out of 14) affects the possibility of getting master writs, or if it is full motif knowledge only? I know it was asked several times in a thread awhile back but I can't seem to locate that thread.

I just want to know if I should bother passing the single pages I find to my alts or if I'd be better off selling them, knowing I will probably never get the whole thing for them.

They removed motifs as requirements for dropping Master Writs as of PTS v2.7.3. So no need to waste time/gold learning styles on alts. Research for Clothing/Blacksmithing/Woodworking take precedent and Consumable writs remain unchanged.

That being said ofc if you plan to complete the Master Crafting writ on those characters you need to learn the associated styles that may come up as an order.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • ninti
    ninti
    ✭✭
    They removed motifs as requirements for dropping Master Writs as of PTS v2.7.3. So no need to waste time/gold learning styles on alts. Research for Clothing/Blacksmithing/Woodworking take precedent and Consumable writs remain unchanged.

I think you misread the patch notes if you think that is the case. They just fixed a bug in the way the research side of the equations work, they never said they are getting rid of the motif part of the equation.

• Stanko
    Stanko
    ✭✭✭

That being said ofc if you plan to complete the Master Crafting writ on those characters you need to learn the associated styles that may come up as an order.

I didn't see that information in the patch notes. Can you reference it somewhere?

Edited by Stanko on January 31, 2017 12:28AM
    Stanko: Ebonheart Pact, CP 3600, Templar, Former Emperor on Azura's, Arena Gladiator, Flawless Conqueror, Spirit Slayer, Grand Overlord, Paragon, and of course Merciless.
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    ninti wrote: »

I think you misread the patch notes if you think that is the case. They just fixed a bug in the way the research side of the equations work, they never said they are getting rid of the motif part of the equation.

Master Writs
    • Adjusted the drop chance calculations for Master Writs from Clothiering, Blacksmithing, and Woodworking.
      • These previously evaluated against all of these skills at once. Now, they only look at your long-term mastery of their own research information when determining your chance of receiving a Master Writ.

This was what I was referring to. Looking at it again, I did misinterpret it, apologies. Better get buying motifs for my alts again D:. Sorry for that @Annalyse and thanks for correcting me @ninti !
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Ninane
    Ninane
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So here is a little crafting achievement issue I just hit.

To get the Master of Refinement achievement you have to have refined raw materials 3,000 times. I wanted to buy an item associated with the achievement so I went to look at how close to the goal I was.

It said that I had refined surprisingly few raw mats (sorry I didn't write down the number since I wasn't expecting the issue). Still, it seemed strange since I am a Master 50 everything and have refined a lot of mats in my day...but okay. Since I was running with 1.1k raw ore, and about 1k raw ancestor silk, I went and refined it all.

The number of mats I have refined is now listed as 568/3000. I don't even know if the number has changed at all, but I just refined 2k items and the number doesn't reflect that. And the achievement is (obviously) still unachievable.

Anyway, just wanted to point that out.

• Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    2k raw material equals about 200 refining. As it takes 10 raw mat per refined click so to say. That's the reason it takes so long. In short, to reach the achieve you need to refine around 30k raw materials in total. (unless my math is totally off)
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭

To get the Master of Refinement achievement you have to have refined raw materials 3,000 times. I wanted to buy an item associated with the achievement so I went to look at how close to the goal I was.

It said that I had refined surprisingly few raw mats (sorry I didn't write down the number since I wasn't expecting the issue). Still, it seemed strange since I am a Master 50 everything and have refined a lot of mats in my day...but okay. Since I was running with 1.1k raw ore, and about 1k raw ancestor silk, I went and refined it all.

The number of mats I have refined is now listed as 568/3000. I don't even know if the number has changed at all, but I just refined 2k items and the number doesn't reflect that. And the achievement is (obviously) still unachievable.

you must have some kind of glitch. I got this achievement probably a year ago.
    just keep harvesting and it will just happen
  • thegreybetween
    thegreybetween
    ✭✭✭
    Ninane wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

One thing I've noticed is that you only get one "tick" towards this achievement for each refinement action, regardless of the number of raw materials consumed.

For example: Refining 10 raw ebonthread into (6-10) ebonthread is a single refine action, even though you consumed ("refined") 10 raw ebonthread. You would only get 1 tick toward the achievement in this case.

So per your example above, 2.1k raw mats would refine 210 times, and only give you that many points toward the achievement, even though you refined thousands of materials. So it may be working as intended, assuming you began the spree with only 358/3000 toward the achievement.
    Brings-the-Rain - Argonian Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact - CP278 (and steadily rising)
    Build: "lolz l2p n00b"
    Master Crafter | Werewolf | Solo PvE (so far) | ESO Plus | NA/PC via Steam

"Cool rain on your scales, friends."
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annalyse wrote: »

Just going to ask this again... I feel it is important to have an answer before this update goes live so we can be more prepared.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Valorin
    Valorin
    ✭✭✭
    I spent a lot of time and ressources to level up all crafting skills up to max and I waited almost a year until all the research on traits was done. A year. I also remember farming Nirncrux only to be able to get researchable items for the Nirnhoned trait.
    "Back then" was when craftable sets have been quite useful and were part of some very good builds. People who weren't crafters needed us to craft their gear.
    With all the new dropsets, I experienced that crafting is more and more useless. People don't need any gear from setstations anymore, because they rather go with dropped gear, which is more useful in most cases anyway. There is also jewelry for those. It's a pity.

It's also a pity, that crafting is not even useful to be fancy while you're effective. There is no way to change your dropped gear into any other style. You have to go with the style your desired dropset comes with. Why did I spend so much time farming all these motifs again (and I have them all)? To craft myself some mediocre gear that at least doesn't look like random pickups?
    Is crafting supposed to be for this only? A vanity feature? That's what it is at the moment. Enable me to recraft dropped sets into the styles I learned, or let me change the traits. Now that would be useful.

There are writs and some valuables I get from those, but even materials are pretty worthless because dropped sets scale to your level and you can easily get them in purple quality... 150 bits of highest level stuff for a chestpiece? No way! I get a better one if I kill this boss over and over.

And now I read that even those Masterwrits aren't really rewarding us crafters for all the effort we put into crafting. And also, apart from that recipe, all you get for those writs are again, vanity items. Motifs I don't need, because I don't need to craft good gear anymore, and furniture.

Long story short:

- Crafting was a lot of effort to level up.
    - Research took almost a year.
    - All those motifs took a long time and effort to farm

The rewards I get for all that effort is kind of a bad joke. I feel like a craftsman that has been substituted for a machine.

(sorry for the rant, but this was on my mind since One Tamriel came. I love the game and all, but this is an issue for me)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they will be adding a crafting feature to let us change the style of dropped gear and a phrase in the upcoming Morrowind Upgrade Collector's Edition has me very curious.

Morag Tong Converter: Flaunt your Commitment to the assassins by customizing your gear with the distinct style of the Morag Tong.

If this was a costume it would say costume, if it was a motif it would say motif but it says Converter. Now if this works similar to the Imperial Style conversion that is ok...but I think given the scarcity of people wearing much crafted gear because dropped is better that this Converter would have to be more flexible than the Imperial one. Anyways I hope it is a prelude to converting armor to desired styles: maybe we would craft the "on use" item to convert a piece of armor?

I think they might have trouble selling the Crown Motifs if we all continue to wear so much dropped gear, I bought the last two (Grim Harlequin and Frostcaster) and would really love to "wear" them!
    Edited by Mix on February 4, 2017 8:34PM
  • Valorin
    Valorin
    ✭✭✭
    I learned today, that

"Craft-Gear-Build"

is used as a description for ineffective and inferior gear. Tells us a lot about the standing of crafting in the game at the moment.